5.0 out of 5 stars Least failures on a very long job ....so far!
Published 13 months ago by Ian Edgar Paul Woollard

3.0 out of 5 stars Made By Ritek Oh Dear :(
I have been using these with the Sony RCDW100 writer - possibly the only model still available in the UK that uses these type of Audio only CDRs.
I have been testing the results with Nero DiscSpeed which tells you what errors are present and they perform very well on the whole, with no C2 errors (essential) and reasonably low C1 (correctable) errors.
The only...
Published on 4 Dec. 2008 by Gortonandy

3.0 out of 5 stars Made By Ritek Oh Dear :(, 4 Dec. 2008
Gortonandy (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio
The only caveat is that they are occasionally rejected by my recorder often halfway through recording at standard speed thus ruining the recording. It seems they are made by Ritek (according to the DiscSpeed program) and I have found over the years that Ritek produce a high level of dud discs (subjectively about 15%) which is why I have now switched to Verbatim and reduced my coaster count to virtually zero.

2.0 out of 5 stars no good for sony cd recorders, 27 Jan. 2012
M. calder "trancematt" (kent uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio
these discs are v good for any thing apart from sony cd recorders .. they contain errors .. dunno why . they just do ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Least failures on a very long job ....so far!, 8 April 2014
Ian Edgar Paul Woollard (Tamworth, Staffs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio
I almost hesitate to write this review on the basis of pushing my luck but I have just re ordered two lots of 25 of these discs now on the basis that they have produced the least falures on my elderly Philips cd recorder. The machine has served well over the years and gives a true sense of the vinyl sound from my recordins via an extremely high quality Linn LP12 and arm combination.I have used various Audio discs over the last 15 years and have had some appaling failure rates at times with both of the top manufacturers. That said, I am now well over half way of transfering about three hundred cassettes to cd and the falure rate with these has been as low as 1 in 20 . Given the price I am content with this as I have experienced 1 in 5 with one manufacturer whose tape I always used in the past. So I soldier on and hope for the best( Gonna start on the main vinyl collection next.. These are definitely the best of the bunch for an audio recorder. I have no idea how they are for audio recordings via a PC having never made any.I wish manufacturers would mark the discs more clearly as to suitability for audio machines , oh , and then make discs that didnt fail. So far these are easily the most reliable and they sound fine played back in a very high end Linn CD player.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Digital Audio CD's, 14 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio
This Has Got To Be One Of The Best Audio CD's On The Market.Having Tried Most I Found These To Be The Most Reliable.Touch Wood Have Not Had Any Problems At All.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Stand Alone CD recorders!, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio
Great for stand alone CD recorders - the old style - not for computers - these are 'digital audio' ones - can't get them in the shops anymore!! Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio
I have always used this brand since the 1990's and I have had no problems so far, good price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good discs - quick service, 27 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio
Pretty simple review - best discs i've used. Just got through previous 50 pack and never have a bad disc or issue playing in other equipment.

Speedy service from vendor.

Can't fault

5.0 out of 5 stars RECORDABLE CDS, 15 Jun. 2009
Philip Hindley (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio
I received these very quickly after ordeing them and they were excellent discs I would buy from this seller again, in fact I may order two lots next time just to keep me going as I am converting a lot of my cassette tapes and vinyl to CD excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignorance, 29 Dec. 2013
Lance Edwards (derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio
I recently bought some discs from Currys, told them they were for a CD recorder and should include a copyright fee, was told the ones to buy and they would not record, of course. Does noone know the difference? Anyway, Music recordable CDs still exist online and these were cheaper than Currys and dispatched next day!

2.0 out of 5 stars Maxell CD-R 80mins xl-11 80 dIGITAL aUDIO, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio
i WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THESE DISKS. SOME COPIED VERY WELL BUT TOO MANY (WHEN USED WITH THE TEAC LPR500W) SHOWED FAULTS AND COULD NOT, THEREFORE, BE USED TO CAPACITY. HAVE SINCE PURCHASED "VERBATIM" DISKS FROM SAINSBURY'S, NONE OF WHICH HAS (SO FAR!) FAILED.

Maxell CD-R 80 mins XL-II 80 Digital Audio