4.2 out of 5 stars1,234

on 1 July 2009
Bought this cable to connect my HI-FI units to my PC to digitise old records and tapes. The quality of the cable is equal to the standard leads supplied with HI-FI equipment and at the price is a bargain. It does exactly what I ordered it for so 5 stars from me.
on 19 December 2008
You plug one end into your computer and the red/white ends into the appropriate jacks on your television or hi-fi. This cable is extremely cheap and is a full 3 m long.
on 27 November 2009
This cable has saved me a fortune.
I bought it to connect my Ipod to my old hi fi system. It has saved me buying a docking station, and now don't have to throw away a very good hi fi.
33 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2011
The product arrived quickly (ordered Sunday; postage was free; arrived Wednesday morning). No unecessary packaging and pointless booklets in 30 languages, just a plain polythene bag. Connect it up and you are good to go. Works perfectly.

If you are not sure this is the product you are looking for...
I bought this to connect audio from my PC to my TV -you could similarly connect to any other device (e.g. a sound system). Without this cable it would otherwise use the PC speakers for the sound. Now I can use my nice big TV to watch movies etc with full audio that are stored on the PC --rather than have the sound come from the PC speakers. NB: IF you are looking to do this too, you will also need a cable to send the video signal from the PC.

BTW, one reviewer seemed upset that the Line-in jacks that go into the TV(or whatever you are connecting to) are red and black, as opposed to red and white as shown. the ports they plug into are usually red and white, but it's not a huge leap in logic to work out which goes into which.
on 17 May 2016
its been plugged into my stereo fro a week, today i tried to remove it and one of the pins snapped, now i have a stereo that i cant plug anything into the aux ever again because i cant get the pin out!! dont buy this product unless you want to risk damaging some very expensive equipment.
review image
on 22 November 2012
Bought to transfer personal cassettes etc from an older CD/Cassette player to PC, then burn to CD. Why pay a fortune for equipment when this simple connection does the job? To use with Windows in-built 'Sound Recorder'. Easy stuff. Save those tapes before it's too late.
on 22 April 2010
I bought this wire in order to link up my macbook to my sound system so i could enjoy the sounds that bit more and I was not disappointed! The wire arrived within the time frame, the wire was cheap and of good quality. There's nothing more you could really ask for!
on 25 July 2009
Ordered from "Consoletronic Ltd" on Friday afternoon - on the doorstep Saturday morning - that's quick!

You can plug anything that has a mini jack out/in to anything that has a phono's in/out - handy and cheap.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 May 2016
Extremely good value, does the job - and a good length!
I bought this to connect an MP3 player to my car stereo AUX input. It work just fine. Cable seems reasonably robust so not expecting any issues.

Happy to recommend.
on 21 June 2009
I wanted to use my computer as a DVD player for the TV. I already have an S-video cable for video and i bought this product for the audio. It works fantastically well and i have no qualms about it.

Plugged the 3.5mm jack into the computer audio output, and the RCA plugs into the TV audio input. Made sure i got the right TV channel and i was away watching My Fair Lady. With a little bit of luck, just a little bit of luck.