5.0 out of 5 stars suede and nubuck waterproofing spray
Published on 3 Sep 2011 by brainbox77

3.0 out of 5 stars OK product
This product seems to work well on an old pair of leather/suede trainers. The water now beads off completely. Strangley however, it doesn't do the same on my nubuck/suede walking shoes despite giving them 2 coats. Will probably give it one more go.
Published on 22 Nov 2011 by Si

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars suede and nubuck waterproofing spray, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: Nikwax Nubuck And Suede Proof Combination Footwear Proofer (Shoes)
Have bought the spray on version of this waterproofing spray twice now and really rate it very highly. I have seen reviews on here doing it down, but providing you read the application instructions properly and smooth on the spray and rub it into the suede or nubuck the product works a treat and leaves the shoes in exactly if not better condition than they were before application. You have to be more careful with nubuck as it is a less absorbant surface than suede and the spray did nearly temporarily ruin a pair of rockports but I sorted it (to completely get rid of the marks I would just need to clean the shoes which would remove the waterproofing) and have used it on 3 more pairs of shoes since (all suede) and have had no problems. I can't recommend this higher end of the market product highly enough and am really glad I searched the net to find something more suitable than you would find on the shelf at Timpson's.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK product, 22 Nov 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Nickwax Nubuck & Sued Proof - 125mm, 26 Sep 2013
Does what is says on the tin

Just what we need and buying online saves the hassle of going into town to find a shop that sells it

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results!, 30 Jun 2013
Miss West - See all my reviews
Nikwax Nubuck and Suede did exactly as I was hoping it would! It completely restored my old and slightly battered suede walking boots and made them completely waterproof again, so that the water just beads up and runs off. No more wet feet for me! I would definitely recommend it for anyone with suede or suede/material walking boots that need a bit of restoration!

5.0 out of 5 stars Railman, 13 Jun 2013
cairns (Haddington) - See all my reviews
A good product. Easy to use and very effective. Did not discolour the shoes but became water repellant on drying. Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this!, 4 Jun 2013
Excellent product to protect my walking shoes, and expensive nubuck boots, easy to apply, watchit doesn't damage surfaces though, it can dry hard if not wiped up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 21 April 2013
I used this on my Mindels, and I have had no issues with any water ingress. I would recommend to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the tin, 1 April 2013
It's ok

Hard to tell how effective it is as it's difficult to know if you did not use it would your boots still be waterproof.

But it's easy to use and Nik Wax does have a good name . I use other products by NikWax and they are very good

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 17 Mar 2013
Delivered on time. I didn't use the brush but used a separate soft fabric to spread around my swede boots. My boots didn't change colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it should, 8 Mar 2013
rach (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
Great product, and very easy to use. Best waterproofer around. I would check out youtube for the best way to apply it for best results.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›