5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax Tech Wash
I tried a small bottle first to clean an old comfortable walking jacket and it worked so well that I bought another 5 litres. I now use it on a regular basis to clean and re proof all my walking, ski and motorcycle gear and I can't speak highly enough about the results. I read the features section for the product and was a little cynical at first, but the proof of the...
Published on 18 Mar 2011 by Davy Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not get the result I expected
Followed the instructions to the letter in an attempt to regain water repellance for my North Face Jacket. Not seen any improvement despite 2 attempts. Disappointed.
Published 7 months ago by Chris S

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps a pricey jacket working at its best!, 21 Jun 2012
W Brooks (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We bought this 1l cleaner to clean (and then rewaterproof) 2 hardshell waterproof jackets. I opted for the larger version as you need about 150ml per wash, so the 300ml version would only have got 2 washes from the entire bottle.

The product itself is great, having removed smells of BBQ smoke and stains from tree branches/bushes etc. There is no measuring cap with the bottle and the bottle itself is opaque so you'll need a measuring jug or similar to use this.

One point to note - make sure the washing machine dispenser drawer is clean of all soap and softener residue - clean the drawer and run the machine through empty before using this. Any detergent remaining could leaving water attracting residue on the jacket which fairly defeats the point.

Overall if you follow the instructions on this and its counterpart Nikwax TX. Direct Wash In Waterproofer then you'll keep your eVent jackets (as ours are) or Gore-Tex clean and dry for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value in the bigger sizes, 8 Jun 2012
I have used this for years to wash ski wear and other sports waterproof clothing but have found it difficult to buy so was really pleased to see it on Amazon, not thought of looking here before. I've never even seen the larger sizes but it is better value than the standard size so I am really pleased.

The only problem I have had with this product is when items are left for a very long time before washing, its not great on ingrained dirt. I have however got my cream coloured ski jacket clean of many stains including both oil and beer so overall I think its an excellent cleaning product. The water repellency has stayed intact on all the items that I have cleaned, even those that have been washed several times.

5.0 out of 5 stars tech wash on soft shell, 21 Sep 2011
M. Lam (UK) - See all my reviews
I tried washing my soft shell jacket with liquid soap flakes and reproofing with the TX direct wash in. This made the jacket wet out and absorb water like a sponge. I tried again just washing with Nikwax tech wash and my jacket came back to life, water beaded off like it was new.
I will wash my soft shell again with tech wash. Not sure if i will reproof again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Nikwax Tech Wash Non-Detergent Technical Cleaner (Sports)
Wasn't sure how this would perform (and haven't been back to Niagara recently to test the waterproofing thoroughly :) but this stuff certainly seems to do what it says. Good price and quick delivery from Amazon too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax, 19 July 2009
J. Tubby (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
Have used this product for many years now. It is the only safe way to wash breathable clothing and keep its water proof qualities.

5.0 out of 5 stars i bought the tech wash first,,, this ..., 8 Nov 2014
i bought the tech wash first,,,this takes out all the dirt out and coats it ready for the COTTON PROOF WATERPROOFER to be used......before i used this my coat stayed wet for hours even with heating on....NOW its stays dryer,

im a twin so we bought the same coat.. one was treated the other one wasnt,,,,we both got soaked in the rain while out walking home,,,but with in an hour, one coat was dry whilst the other was soaking wet....they were both new coats that week.... this product really works......next i think is our cotton bags....

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 July 2014
Mrs. S. Hale - See all my reviews
Excellent stuff, does what it says and do not need a lot to get job done, i use it for motorcycle clothing and brilliant results every time, well priced, highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works wonders, 27 Jun 2014
Does exactly what it says on the bottle; great value too!

5.0 out of 5 stars USed this to wash my ski jackets, 23 Jun 2014
A. Elliott - See all my reviews
I bought this to freshen up my ski jackets before putting them away until next winter. I've used Nikwax in previous years and I've never had problems with waterproofing afterwards so I assume it works well. It's also good to just freshen coats up after a week of skiing/sweating.
The small bottle does a couple of items comfortably so it's not too bad value to keep your kit nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Careful cleaning, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Nikwax Tech Wash Non-Detergent Technical Cleaner (Sports)
I've always used Nikwax to wash my outdoor attire as it really is one of the best products on the market. It gets rid of all those doggy smells that get left on our jackets and doesn't harm the material in anyway.

The 5 litre bottle is superb value for money, given that a small bottle in the high street outdoor shops are nearly £10. I certainly won't need to buy any more for a while!

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›