5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax Tech Wash
Published on 18 Mar 2011 by Davy Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax techwash
I followed the instructions for soft water area (100ml) and it produced a lot of lather, so much so that the bubbles overflowed the washing machine and spewed out of the filler drawer and caused a minor flood in my utility room. Therefore I recommend that you wash the garments in a bucket for your first use to be on the safe side.
Not sure whether it improves...
Published on 15 Nov 2010 by Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax Tech Wash, 18 Mar 2011
I tried a small bottle first to clean an old comfortable walking jacket and it worked so well that I bought another 5 litres. I now use it on a regular basis to clean and re proof all my walking, ski and motorcycle gear and I can't speak highly enough about the results. I read the features section for the product and was a little cynical at first, but the proof of the pudding as they say is in the eating. No excuse now for dirty kit, the product does what it says on the plastic container.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, large size.good value, 12 Nov 2011
I have used this product for years and was happy to find large sizes which make it even better value for money,
Recently I looked after my sons dog for a week.I work my waterproof jacket every day. It has been regularly washed in nikwax. I was dry every day when I came home,apart from the Tuesday,when we were out for an hour and the rain went from rain to downpour very fast. The heavy rain initially ran off my waterpfoof layer [due to the waterproofing,it then ran onto me legs. Then into my shoes.I was drenched,the dog was too.
When we got home the water was just starting to get through at throug to the fleece. I dries the coat,it took a while,have since washed and reproofed it. Well happy.This is not a top of the range jacket,it cost about 60 3 years ago.
It is essential that you follow the instructions
checl the washing instructions in the coat and make sure that you wash at the right temperature.
You need to remove all trace of detergent from the washing powder dispenser .Before I wash the coat, I always take the dispenser out and leave it in hot water in the sink for ten minutes to soak then rinse under running water and wipe with a cloth [dont forget to check the bottom of the dispenser]. I have always been happy with the results I get,using this product

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but follow instructions carefully!, 20 Jun 2012
I have used this product many times before to clean my biking kit before re-waterproofing and it is excellent. The only critisism is that it doesn't remove ALL of the dirt, especially on very light coloured areas. (then again some well known detergents struggle too). It does tell you to remove all traces of detergent from the soap tray of the washing machine. This is because detergent stops the TX Direct spray on from re-proofing your clothing. I do this by putting the machine on an empty hot wash. I was shocked by how many bubbles were in this empty wash, which would have got into my bike kit if I hadn't have done it. I sprayed with the proofing liquid after washing in this product and the result was a jacket and trouser combo that beaded water like a freshly waxed car. Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars trusted brand, 3 Sep 2011
bought this for my son's waterproof school coat. Trusted brand did the job and loads left over as it is a big bottle. Great value. Easy to use in the machine instead of washing tablets. Doesn't leave a soap powder residue on fabric. Ideal for any colour of fabric.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cleaning, 30 Oct 2011
bookwormsu "thrifty" (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Nikwax Tech Wash Non-Detergent Technical Cleaner (Sports)
Nikwax Tech Wash Waterproofing

I used this to do my two brown winter jackets and put them by for next winter (now upon us). They semed clean. But I noticed the difference when I did my stone coloured summer jacket because the colour shows the dirt. What was a grubby jacket came up looking new. So I am very pleased. I washed on wool cycle to be safe, and dried naturally. Very good product and out of one small bottle I have done three jackets and more left. I dont know yet if its waterproof.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compulsory for Gore-tex and similar, 21 Jan 2011
Ian Harper (UK) - See all my reviews
If you've spent a lot of money on a decent jacket, you really should have this stuff as well. It will wash the dirt off your coat without destroying the proofing (although it will still need re-treatment from time to time with Nikwax Tx. Direct Wash In Wash In Waterproofer).

Most places only sell the small bottles - Amazon's price for the large bottles makes it a lot easier on the wallet, especially if you've a few waterproofs in the house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mikwax Tech Wash, 6 July 2010
Speedy delivery and the product worked extremely well. Followed instructions and pre-treated a stain with neat Nikwax. Product was very soapy during the wash but all traces rinsed away during the washing machine's cycle. A very good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little expensive but works!, 20 Dec 2009
A more expensive product as you've you've to buy the TX Direct Wash-In to go with it at the same time to re water proof your coats. Never had no probs with the product with any make of water proof coat although it's a Nik wax product and I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Jan 2009
Very good, together with the wash-in sailing, skiing and similar clothing gets clean and water proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax tech wash, 12 Feb 2010
Patricia Mcgovern "P McG" (Cavan Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikwax Tech Wash Non-Detergent Technical Cleaner (Sports)
Have used this product for years but could only get small bottles in the shops, which didn't last very long and were more expensive, so delighted to be able to get larger bottle with a better price. Highly recommend this product for taking care of your water proof clothes.

ARRAY(0xf82b9e4)