on 8 August 2013
I write extensive manuscript transcripts and need to improve the legibility of my handwriting. Of late I have been using ballpoint pens, but I need more control of the point of contact so I decided to revert to a fountain pen.

There are not that many reasonably priced italic nibbed pens on the market. This was reasonably priced and does the job nicely enough. The fine nib suits me well - the medium nib is that bit too broad for my hand. One eccentricity is that the ends of the pens are colour coded for the breadth of the nib, rather than letting one choose the pen's colour to correspond to the colour of the ink in each pen.

(The problem now lies in finding suitable lined pads for writing on with a fountain pen rather than a ballpoint. Paper nowadays is rougher, less sized, than when I was a schoolboy.)
on 8 September 2011
Pen writes OK with interrupted ink flow at times. This could be out of paper or holding angle.

Suitable for writing in bigger font sizes as ink flows more than normal.

But, vievpoint has sharp edges in the viewpoint area. I thought that viewpoint would have transparent covering, not like this. It is bearable but it may annoy those who want full and comfortable grip.
on 22 January 2011
I do not like the open sides to the pen, it is not comfortable. But the pen functions
on 25 March 2010
This Sheaffer Calligraphy pen is a smooth and stylish writer.Good quality makes it sturdy and reliable.I've had comments about the lovely writing style. Recommended.
on 22 January 2014
Sadly had to send this pen back as we could not get it to work. The ink did not travel through to the nib.
on 26 May 2013
Brill love writing with this pen every one should have one, makes writing a dream, love it, love it, love it,
on 12 April 2014
The pen I have received writes really well after the ink flow is initiated with a new cartridge. well pleased
on 3 August 2015
I'm very pleased with this pen. It's cheap but quality is quite high.
on 6 September 2015
Very good pen, it came black colour to me.. i didnt want the yellow anyway..
The fibers of the nib were slightly bend but i pressed it on the paper a bit and is ok now..
It also doesnt come with a converter if anyone is wondering..
on 3 March 2016
Ok it works not the best pen I have used