5.0 out of 5 stars Who says sequels aren't worth looking at?
As a fan of the original Stuntman way back in my youth, I was excited when I heard about this project. 3 days of playing later and I am not disappointed.

There is plenty of depth to this game rather than just the career level, which sees you trying to complete 6 films with 6 scenes in each film.

Depending on how well you complete a level, and there...
Published on 6 Sep 2007 by Mr. O. C. Kinchin

3.0 out of 5 stars An equal sequel?
Published on 17 Feb 2011 by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Who says sequels aren't worth looking at?, 6 Sep 2007
This review is from: Stuntman: Ignition (PS2) (Video Game)

Depending on how well you complete a level, and there are numerous assessment factors here, will earn you between 0 and 5 stars. In order to access the next level, you need to gain at least 1 star, however the more stars you earn the more bonus items you unlock. Some of the later levels can only be unlocked by gaining more stars to increase your overall rank as a stuntman.

The levels themselves are well thought out and it is fairly easy to learn the routes you need to take. The graphics are absolutely spot on, the ways items receive damage or explode is very lifelike and can sometimes affect the way you drive near/at/through them.

The vehicles all handle differently, and what a variety of vehicles there are. In the original they were mainly 4 wheeled cars of some type. In Ignition we see cars, monster trucks, motorcycles, lorry with trailer carrying a scud missile and plenty more.

Completing missions with a high enough star rating will sometimes also unlock different items to use in the other challenges, which are so varied that there is not space enough here to go into.

Not content with all of that, but the multiplayer mode is pretty spiffy too, granted it is either via on-line or playing one at a time trying to beat each others stunt run on both scenes from the game or new scenes just for the multiplayer, but the variety of routes and human element is enough to keep this from becoming too dull.

All in all, a great sequel. They took the concept from the original and added some much more. Well worth the full ticket price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel, 29 Oct 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Stuntman: Ignition (PS2) (Video Game)
although on the face of it, the actual career section is a bit shorter, there is a much larger amount of things to do other than career. it follows on from the first on doing stunts etc, but with extra things like collecting points to win new things. The graphics are better, and more things happen at once, giving it a more movie stunt feeling

3.0 out of 5 stars An equal sequel?, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Stuntman: Ignition (PS2) (Video Game)
I've read reviews talking about the game itself, but I felt compelled to write a review based on the comparisons between the first stuntman and this one, for those who were fans of the original but haven't yet taken the plunge and bought the latest. I realise that these days its highly unlikely that many people would buy the PS2 version, but then I did. I absoluetly loved the first stuntman, thought it was total genious. Being a perfectionist I was hooked by the difficulty of the game, and couldn't put the controller down until I'd done whatever stunt it was that I'd be doing for 5 hours. I expected much of the same from the second one which was why I wasn't too bothered about buying it, but actually the game boasts some improvements from the first one, and some negative changes too. The first thing that I noticed which I extremely favoured was the loading times. Where in the first stuntman you needed to wait 10 seconds to load everytime you made a mistake (which might have been a lot), the time added up. But other than a quick menu popup- the loading is almost instantanious. This was my biggest beaf with the 1st one. Secondly the graphics are a definate improvement, although the first stuntman had such smooth graphics anyway the change is minor. There is a lot more effort gone into menu displays and level descrptions, the overall feel of the game is a bit more high budget. The introduction of different directors for movies and their humerous take on situations adds a bit more realism and depth to the game.
Unfortunately the game does have its weakpoints compared to the first, although this is of course all down to personal opinion and preference. The first thing is the replays. Where in the first game I was desperate to save almost every replay because it looked amazing, towards the end of this game I wasn't even watching the replays. I still can't pinpoint what it is exactly, but the replays just look very boring and lifeless. Secondly, the game is way too easy. Rather than harshly kick you back to square one when you get the timing slightly wrong, this game allows you up to five mistakes. I managed to do almost every single scene on my first go with at least two stars. The anoying this about the game is that the longer you dilly dally around and make mistakes, the better rating you get at the end. Everytime I managed to brease through a scene with zero error, I wouldn't get more than two stars. But make a right hash of everything and you get plastered with praise and 5 stars. It makes no sense for the game to commend awful driving and harshly critise flawless efforts. In other words, the game works in the exact opposite way to the original. So ultimately what I found when I'd completed the game was that I hadn't particuarly earned anything or tried very hard. All being said and done though the game had its enjoyable moments, and although not as good as the original in my mind, or as varied, it was still worth buying for []. If you like the contruction zone in the first one, this one is a lot more varied with a lot more ramps etc to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Has two unavoidable faults, 25 Oct 2007
P. Hall (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Stuntman: Ignition (PS2) (Video Game)
The game is reasonably good fun, but there are two huge problems here.

Firstly, the load times. Replaying the same level doesn't take too long to load, but when you complete a level and move onto the next one, you will be waiting for an agonising amount of time.

Secondly, the freeze ups. After 90 minutes playing, the game had locked my PS2 up for the second time. Instead of resetting it, my urge was to just turn it off, and I followed that urge.

I rented this on a whim. I'm very, very glad that I didn't buy it on a whim.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 21 April 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Stuntman: Ignition (PS2) (Video Game)
I am being honest when i say that this game has got to be one of the worst i have ever played. The lame attempt by the developers to turn a lousy racing game into an even worse adventure game by adding an annoying narration and pointles objectives has failed miserably. Even with the so called 'easy mode' switched on some levels are incredibly difficult to complete and you find yourself trying the same level over and over again. Just not an enjoyable game at all, however it does contain good quality graphics, even on PS2 (this is the only impressive feature of this crummy title).

3.0 out of 5 stars Stuntman Ignition, 15 Oct 2007
This review is from: Stuntman: Ignition (PS2) (Video Game)
I was fed up with getting stuck in a section of game for weeks on end,
so when i saw this advertised on tv it seemed like it might be different..

The graphics are pretty good, yet again i find myself saying that it
depends on the quality of your tv..!!

After playing a variety of race games this was a refreshing change, its
good fun and like those race games you dont get as annoyed being stuck
for weeks..!

There are a few drawbacks with the game the main being that it seems to
be quite short, although i only bought it a week or so ago so ill have
to see..

I sometimes found it difficult to control where i was going which was
annoying at times. Then sometimes you get be stopped and told your out
of shot when there were no arrows telling you where to go..

Overall, its worth a go as long as you dont take it too seriously and
your not a hardcore racing fanatic..

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 28 Sep 2007
Gary Miller (Llandulas, North Wales) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Stuntman: Ignition (PS2) (Video Game)
The original game was a tone and a half of fun. But this just doesn't seem to be up to the same standard as its predecessor. It seems to me like it's the same old story when a next-gen console comes along. Developers are so busy concentrating on new games that the older platforms seem to be a little rushed without much thought or feeling going into them.

The controls are sluggish to say the least. Trying to get a level even half decent is pure murder because after the 5th attempt u get so sick and tired of your directors voice you just want to drive the car own his damn throat. The game gets jumpy if there are ever more than 3 cars in the picture, and if there's an explosion then you got no chance.

The game is deeper than the original with a separate `Build Mode' that lets you create your own stunt arenas. Also in the career you can take odd jobs at stunt shows and stunt for commercials. The film previews you unlock are funny in the fact that it gives a whole new meaning to the word cliché.

Overall its not a bad game, and the price tag was low to begin with so there cant be any complaints about over charging. I would recommend this to some one who needs a little something to keep them selves entertained whilst they await the arrival of a bigger game. Probably one of the Christmas releases.

Stuntman: Ignition (PS2)
Stuntman: Ignition (PS2) by THQ (PlayStation2)
1.15