4.0 out of 5 stars you've got it all wrong
"and the start kick about with just you and goalie was fun wish the whole game could be played like this"...IT CAN!!!

ok...i got the demo off xbox marketplace and the first thing i did was change the camera mode to 'pro'...because that's what all the new fifa fuss is about right?...and yes it's in the demo.

you can only use it in single player mode...
Published on 20 Sep 2007 by John

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than FIFA 07 - NO!
I spend most of my time playing on manager made, so i will talk about this, Fifa had a problem two years ago, in that all you had to do was send a half decent scout out to the likes of Africa and Europe and he would come back with a young player with attributes in the high 70's or low 80's, and yes this problem is back.

why waste your hard earned cash (will...
Published on 18 Nov 2008 by Andrew Young

4.0 out of 5 stars you've got it all wrong, 20 Sep 2007
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

you can only use it in single player mode but it is absoultely brilliant!really atmospheric and looks stunning. the AI is also much improved, players make clever runs and even shout at you to pass.
You do have to play the game intelligently, sometimes slowly but it's very rewarding and extremely life-like.the shooting system has also been massively improved..no more holding buttons and watching the ball fly like a balloon into the top corner...you have to aim! and like pro ev defender pressure is a massive factor in the outcome of shots.

someone in this review section also said there were no tricks...wrong...holding LT and using the right stick enables you to pull off loads of tricks which is also extremely fun in 'pro' mode (haven't found it that effective yet but only time will tell)...the trick system is actually very similar to EAs fight night punch control system for those familiar with it.

as a single player game i believe this will be far superior to the new pro ev...but unfortunately playing with your mates is just not gonna be good. It still feels like the same old slow, unresponsive fifa when not in genius 'pro' mode.this is where pes is gonna be a must have...and why i haven't given it 5 stars!

anyway, just wanted to clear this up because i feel it has been massively under-rated as in my opinion is a massive step forward in 'next-gen' gaming. if you're seriously interested in buying the game for yourself and not hammering your mates, download the demo and for christ's sake CHANGE THE BLOODY CAMERA ANGLE!...it's like a different game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Major surprise!, 5 Oct 2007
A. Jones (Coventry) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought my xbox 360 last week and as Pro Evo isnt out till the end of the month I thought I'd give Fifa a go while I was waiting. Initially it was strange to get used to after years of Pro Evo but now I'm hooked. The game is excellent and without out doubt the best football game i've played. The detail in the game is amazing and there is such a variety in the type of goals you can score. I'll still be buying Pro Evo, but I don't know if they can have made it better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex PES fan turns to the EA side of the force!!!, 23 Dec 2007
T. Hattersley (Rotherham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Since PES was first released on PS2 i've been a huge fan the pick up and play ability of it was great even a quick 10 min game usually turned into a long session and everything else getting forgotten. As time has gone by i've upgraded PES every yearand moved onto Xbox 360 instead of PS2, and this is were PES reign began to slip, but i soldiered until PES 2008 was released. I rushed to the shop 40 in hand ready for the next thrilling instalment of PES, i got home and started to play (yes PES has always had its floors lack of real teams and only having premiership sides). Hold on this isn't football that defender has just run the full length of the pitch and scored and as for the Xbox live mode slow down doesn't cover it!!! So the greatest football game of all time has turned rubbish what do you do? You bite the bullet and buy FIFA 08 and discover that EA have made the best football game ever!!! Amazing graphics, truly challenging gameplay, AND real teams with real names AND you can play as hundreds of English sides from Arsenal to Rotherham United what more could a REAL football fan want apart from Ronaldinho running up the wing for their club oh yeah that could happen in FIFA 08 in manager mode! In short don't be put off by previous FIFA outings do the right thing and buy FIFA 08, any way i'm off to sign Thierry Henry for Sheffield United well it ain't gonna happen at Bramall Lane!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best? Pretty Much!, 19 Nov 2007
Mr. R. Wickings "Gremlin_1986" (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I haven't been a great follower of the FIFA series of football games. I was always a PES man myself. Until last year!

I played FIFA 07 and it was fantastic. FIFA 08 is even better!

When you first see Ronaldinho standing there with a ball at his feet, a goalkeeper on his line and you've got about 40 yards to dribble, you know this is going to be a good game.

One of the things that makes this game so good is that it's much harder in places. You can no longer make your own team and put them in the manager mode. Your players don't magically improve at the end of the season, you do it throughout the season when the player earns some experience.

Also, you can now be one player on the pitch. You can be a solid defender, a midfield maestro, a super striker or a dodgy goalkeeper! The 'Be A Pro' mode is fantastic, the angle shot, the way the camera movement accelerates and focuses as you sprint past the defenders is fantastic. Also, when you call for the ball, you don't automatically get it. Plus your teammates aren't complete rubbish as you might expect.

The last thing I'll talk about is the 'creation zone'. Personally i have always enjoyed creating myself and placing me alongside Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher. Not anymore! You start with hardly any points to improve yourself so it's really hard. You have to unlock all the special packs to make yourself half decent!

All in all, a great game. Lots of improvements on '07 and only one thing worse!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro Evo Killer, 10 Oct 2007
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
OK. I guess this is the part were i convince you that i have been a Pro Evo fan since the days of International Superstar Soccer on the Super Nintendo. Nuff Said.

Ok Now thats out of the way let me tell you why i love this Game now and what made me switch.

After playing Pro over the years and watching it develop, i was always looking forward to what it would be like on the Next gen (360). But i was so disappointed. They hardly improved anything. And i think it was at this time that i quickly checked in with Fifa just to see if thay had made the big improvements like we saw in games like Fight Night and NBA 2k. Nope Fifa was still cack. For little kids who didn't know much about football as one of my freinds once said. Im English by the way, but i just found it so frustrating how they made the American sports game so much better than football games. Anyway back to the point. what i'm trying to say is that Pro was the best football experiance on offer so we all just played along. Not any more. PRO EVO IS DEAD. I downloaded both demos from xbox live as my little nephew wanted to play fifa. Hers what happened. After trading in my PES6 a few months back (something i have never done) after beeing disapointed at the lack of effort Konami put in to the game, i found my self wanting to take a brake from all the shoot um ups and play some football so i tried the Fifa 08 demo. To my suprise i could not put it down. i found myself subconsciously hooked to the game. What i mean by that is i just kept on playing match after match without really thinking about it. I wasn't like "oh my god this game is sick" or anything. Then thay released the Pro Evo 2008 demo, and of course i started playing that but it felt shallow like some thing was missing. After maby 3 games i wanted to play something else. That something else happened to be Fifa 08. This my freinds put the nail in the cofin for Pro.

Now the thing is not many people will make this comparison. But i did and if you love football you need to listen. After playing both games for long periods just to compare the two, it dawned on me that Fifa 08 is actually better than Pro. You may find this hard to beleive, but i'm afraid it's true. But guys you need to ask your selves, am i a fan of football or am i a fan of Konami. I did and i found my self saying " do i reallly care who makes the best ever football game?" No i dont.

Dont beleive me? I know.the truth is i would not either if i didn't play Fifa.

Follow these steps and you will.

1.Just rent the game, Down load it, or play it at a freinds house.
2. Play it for about 2-3 hours ( or even 2-3 games).
3. put in the new PES08 that you just bought ( or the demo) and you will be shocked as i was.

PES has turned into an arcade super fast unrealistic kick about. were Fifa 08 is the most realistic experience you will have ever played.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pro Evo beater?, 20 Nov 2007
Mr. P. Tanner "paultanner2" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Before I begin I have to say that I have never been one to stay loyal to the brand - so wether it be FIFA or Pro Evo I bought the one which played best, which was usually Pro Evo. That is until this year.

I bought FIFA about a week after it came out and can honestly say that it is the best FIFA for years and the first one I bought since I got hold of the PC FIFA 2005 (not that good).

Graphically - Well it's fifa, it has the official liscence of almost the whole world so you get official kits and badges, which all look fine and have a realistic flow, as do the player animations. THe players look like who they are supposed to look like, that is the more famous players (as usual) the less famous ones could be anyone - but this isn't new to any football game.

Sound - Commentary is good, once agin though you do get the odd change in tone as a commentator excitedly shouts "goal for" then in a normal tone says the name of the team. Crowd sounds are good and you now have recognisable songs for your team - that are actually in tune!

Playability - Plays really well. Tricks and skills can be used in the match and the more acomplished player can really do some dazzling stuff. I don't really play 360 online - thats what my PC is for - so I won't comment on that.

The only dissapointment I find is that while the stadia are beautifully presented I would like to see a version where English grounds for every club are there - difficult I know, but just my opinion.

I prefer this over Pro Evo for the first time in a while, my son prefers Pro Evo - to be honest there isn't much between them this year.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than FIFA 07 - NO!, 18 Nov 2008
Andrew Young (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

why waste your hard earned cash (will come onto this in a moment) on players from other clubs when you can create a team of super players by simply sending out your scout - very unrealistic, half the fun of FIFA 07 was that it was really hit and miss when you brought in a scouted player, you really had to put in the time and effort in the hope the pitch time you gave them resulted in them developing into great players - no longer the case.....also what happened to the players rising through the youth ranks, that was a very nice touch - sadly no longer there.

back to the hard earned money, well it isn't is it! playing as Leeds at the moment, don't support them, but its always good to be a lower league side, aiming form the Premier league and being able to sell players without real life influencing you. but i was making at least 9 million a season, now i know FIFA 07 any team could go bankrupt after buying one star player but this is a little ridiculous isn't it!

is this game better than FIFA 07,in places but overall i would have to say NO!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great., 21 April 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Pro 6 forced me to buy this game. Having played the demo of pro 2008 and fifa 8 I decided to give fifa a go. I needed a new footie game and thought pro 2008 wasn't different enough from the last one and that pro 6 wasn't that good. So is fifa any good?
Well yes, graphically superior to pro, lisenced teams, excellent sound track, easy to navigate menu, solid online play and loads of games modes. The gameplay itself is a totally different kettle of fish to pro's arcade style of play. This really does feel like a simulation when you first start, with the emphasis on a slow methodical approach in order to create your chances. At first it is very frustrating, with chances few and far between, but as with any game once you've worked out what the AI is going to do it becomes a lot easier.
Bad points ? Well the trick system is very difficult to actually use effectively and therefore a bit pointless. The AI players on your team are running strictly on rails, so when you try to take control of them they can sometimes turn the wrong way, which is very frustrating, especially in online matches, the keeper is also rather useless at coming off his line when you tell him.
Overall this is a solid football game, not brilliant as some would have you believe, nor shocking either. Is it better than pro? I can't really answer that, the 2008 demo wasn't different enough from the pro 6 version for me to want to buy it. I've usually gone for pro in the past but have become increasingly frustrated with how the series has got worse as they've gone on. So fifa 08 wins this round for me, it's different from the last version of pro I played, not better or worse.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fifa 08, 14 Feb 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
OK at first glace this game is amazing graphics experience everything just gets you really pumped up and from your first couple of games your really into it then it turns into the most frustrating game on the face of the planet ive always played pro evo but tis gone a bit downhill so thought id try fifa. The way theyve changed it so the ball isnt attached to players and is genious but thats where it finishes, players are to slow at dribbling and beating a defender one on one is near impossible there is no dink it past them and use your pace because u just get blocked off or the ball nicked away, and the passing is absaloutely awful there is no ai involved at all especially through pass which might aswell be called give the ball away instead of playin an intelligent through ball in whatever way your directing it all you get is a slow diagnal style ball to whoever your looking at which usually involves the ball getting passed to the opposition, the ai of the players around you are awful all they do is run forward in a straight line if your attacking or stand around if your defending, and the worst part of all the control theres no such thing as running on to the ball at pace or controlling it close to yourself quickly every control begins with a huge outstretched leg knocking the ball forward which then leads to the defender getting infront of you and tackling you really frustrated with this game and pro evo both games really need to take a page out of each others books and combine the best parts of both games and combine them into an amazing perfect football experience

4.0 out of 5 stars Fifo 08 360, 19 Dec 2007
Mark (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought my xbox 360 and fifa just 2 weeks ago, and having already played on the 360 before, it is a damn good machine! However, Fifa 08 I had for the Nintendo Wii and although I did enjoy that I was not happy with how you could not have the choice to use original controller (Classic Controller), so I gave that to my brother and bought fifa 08 for 360. First impressin is that it is a very good looking game! Graphics are amazing and the gameplay is very good. There are loads of tournaments within the game to keep you busy and there are loads to do, like create your own tournaments, play on-line with or without your mates and as always in the last few years, you can manage the teams and change players to your liking. However there is one thing I do not like that a few reviewers have mentioned, the delay. If I want to kick the ball stright away before a opponent gets there, sometimes my player won't kick til a second or two later and by this time the ball will be gone. It does not happen everytime but it does occur now and then. But apart from that I think Fifa 08 for the 360 is a very enjoyable and addictive game!

ARRAY(0xb46d93a8)

FIFA 08 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
Used & New from: 0.01