1.0 out of 5 stars Hugely disappointing after the success of the film, 3 Dec 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: An Arctic Tale (Wii) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this game after enjoying the film of the same name, and after it being recommended by Amazon. I should have read the early warning signs, the fact that it is made by a company I didn't know and games based on films are usually rubbish, but I gave it a go anyway.

The game revolves around the lives of an arctic fox and a polar bear as they mature and become adults. The player hunts animals and carries out various tasks. If the player wishes to switch from one animal to the next, they must go through an arc of stone and start controlling the other animal.

I have several problems with this game. Firstly, do not believe the description on the back cover: "Take the role of a young polar bear, a walrus and an arctic fox as they face a daily battle to survive in these hazardous condtions". Technically, this is correct, but it leads the player to believe that you can become any animal at will and roam the surrounding area. Not so. You play as only the fox and the bear, the walrus is simply featured in a mini game.

Secondly, the entire game consists of two levels, where the player goes around playing mini games and earning food. These mini games are simple, boring and extremely easy, and are just plain bad. The game can be finished within two days of purchase and is simply not worth the money.

The 'climax' to the game involves a fight between the player and a fellow polar bear. I actually couldn't believe how amateurish this was. Again, incredibly easy, with dreadful graphics and fuzzy sound. After finishing, I ask myself 'Was that it?'.

Only buy this game for a child aged 6-9 who loves animals. This should keep them amused for a while. Otherwise, don't buy it, you'll regret it.

2.0 out of 5 stars disapointing, 12 April 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: An Arctic Tale (Wii) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this game with high expectations but found the graphics kept crashing the console and the mini games were quite tricky. Soon got bored of this game, not something I would recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good plays bad!, 21 Oct 2010
A Kid's Review
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: An Arctic Tale (Wii) (DVD-ROM)
When I first saw this while I was looking for things for my birthday I stumble arcross this and it sounded really good and I begged my Mum for it and I was so excited when it finally came because I thought it would be just like the movie to be a polar bear and a walrus but all you do is be a polar bear cub in the first stage of life and a artic fox and do challages and minigames and the second stage is you as a adult polar bear and a artic fox and you can be a walrus and orca but only in mini games and you need to go to north pole poles in the first and second stages and in the second stage you need to fight a male polar bear over a cliff and then thats it no more just credits and I was really annoyed because I had been so excited and its just rubbish, i did only in a couple of hours and half way through it I thought that the movie was way better so I say you want something like this get the DVD so don't get the game because if you get it you'll regret it.

An Arctic Tale (Wii)
An Arctic Tale (Wii) by Zushi Games Ltd (Nintendo Wii)
14.50