5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all protein shake - pistachio flavour
I prefer high protein so when I found IGF-1 in pistachio flavour, I was very keen to give it a go.

Just finished first tub - and this easily gets both thumbs up.

1) Nutritional profile
It's a good mix of protein from various sources (whey isolate/concentrate, casein, egg, soy).
71g protein (16g BCAA), 2g carbs and 5g fat - it's exactly what...
Published 17 months ago by luke997

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Taste
This stuff is actually really good but my god the tase makes it absolutly unbearable. This is the first time ive tried protein shakes and other reviews recommended USN as one of the best tasting protein shakes out there.

Published 15 months ago by Keith Delaney

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all protein shake - pistachio flavour, 16 Mar 2013
luke997 - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Just finished first tub - and this easily gets both thumbs up.

1) Nutritional profile
71g protein (16g BCAA), 2g carbs and 5g fat - it's exactly what I like - almost all protein, so in theory should work really well
There are some added vitamins & minerals (full list on USN site), I particularly like presence of magnesium and B1/2/6/12

2) Ease of use
Powder mixes very well, following instructions it dissolves well into pretty much anything. I use it with water, milk, as well as thick fromage frais - where I just stir it and it still blends completely

3) Pistachio flavour
This is the only area where I could be picky. It's not really pure pistachio, rather pistachio/almond, but... it's still fantastic flavour and definitely best out of any flavours I've ever tried.

4) Does it work?
Definitely yes!.
As a pre-workout (weights) shake it helps to keep energy levels high in the initial stages - which sometimes are more difficult to me as I do IF and train fasted in the evening. No difference as a pre-workout shake for the runs.

As an after workout (weights, runs), it really shines, speeds up recovery really well, any soreness goes away noticeably faster

As an all round supplement it's adds a nice variety to the diet - I especially like it in my healthy high protein pistachio cheesecake.

5) Cost
Price wise, it's actually quite cost effective, @ 42 it works out to 0.26 per 10g of protein, so could be part of balanced diet without dent in the budget.

All in all... I think this is my new favourite protein! 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars In my opinion the best protein you can get, 8 May 2013
Andrew Rudge - See all my reviews
I love this stuff, many protein shakes make me feel blotted and full of gas, this stuff has hardly any carbs, My waist stays the same and muscle just starts to show. Im in the gym nearly everyday 2 shakes a day and it lasts well. Im on 4th tub

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Taste, 28 May 2013
Keith Delaney - See all my reviews

All i can say is, after trying the strawberry cream, i would hate to experience what the others are like if this brand is supposed to be nice tasting. I couldnt stomach it. even the smell of it now makes me sick. Maybe chocolate,cappucino or pistacio will be better tasting, but stay well away from strawberry cream.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one of the best on the market, 18 Jun 2014
I have tried many shakes in the past but this one definitely comes out top. For me who wants to get lean muscle and not put on too much size it's great. Low in carbs and tastes great. I bought the Chocolate one and it tastes just like a nice milk shake. I used to use maximuscle and tried different flavours, but always had to add sugar, as the taste was awful. Also the others were so bad that I used to have it with milk to make it bearable (ok I guess if you're putting on size). This one is great with water and a good old shake.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality shake and tastes great ICE COLD!, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: USN Pure Protein GF-1 Strawberry 2280g (Personal Care)
First of all it will taste good, or as good as a protein shake can, if you add the correct measurement (two scoops) and also use ICE COLD water. Honestly, the difference between using tap cold water and ice cold water was huge. It made the shake very drinkable indeed. I add the water, then the shake, and once finished shaking I usually throw in a couple of ice cubes too.

Results wise, one thing I will say is that I have plenty energy and able to lift more and more often. Arms never feel sore of tired, which shows that it is bringing a lot to the table. As a result I am lifting more and that will help strengthen the muscle in my arm and ultimately make it a lot bigger.

The shake is not hyped as a muscle gainer or mass gainer, but a general all round shake that will do what it says on the tin. If you want to pack on as much lean muscle as you can, then you could order the Anabolic Mass shake, or if you want mass order the Hyperbolic Mass shake. I think this is a good all round shake if you are looking for a good quality supplement that will aid growth and recovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: USN Pure Protein GF-1 Strawberry 2280g (Personal Care)
Brilliant! It taste is great and easy to mix with out getting the lumpy chalky bits in it. Great value for as it nearly half the store price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: USN Pure Protein GF-1 Strawberry 2280g (Personal Care)
I have Used this protein for some time now, it's great tasting, mixes well and produces good results. Would buy again

4.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 19 Nov 2013
i like the flavour.don"t know of anybody i could recommend it to.none of my family or friends are into this kind of stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, 17 Nov 2013
Very Smooth and tasty goes down well like a smooth shake creamy if had with milk highly recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy to stomach as strawberry/chocolate, 10 July 2013
I always stick to the usn pure protein but this month I was feeling adventurous so opted for a different flavour.....this is definitely off my list, its like eating Christmas cake marzipan at 8'o'clock in the morning. Lesson learned back to the other flavours.