5.0 out of 5 stars The only vac you'll ever need!
I've had a Dyson for 15 years and decided it was time to replace my old DC01 (which was still working and has never broken down). We have a mixture of hard floors and carpets and I wanted something that could cope with both so I didn't have to store 2 vacs. I've had the DC14 All Floors for 3 months now and I love it. Yes it is heavy but it is VERY powerful. It has no...
Published on 29 Aug 2007 by Scarymamma

3.0 out of 5 stars whistle while you work
after happily owning a dc07 for a number of years, I gave it to my mum and bought this new and improved model
on switching on it started to make a high pitch whine, which became more and more irritating.
I contacted the dyson helpline, who said this 'whistle' is common on the dc14. does anyone else have this horrible whine when using theirs?
dyson told me...
Published on 30 Nov 2007 by Aubz

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but...., 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: Dyson DC14 All Floors Upright Vacuum Cleaner for Every Floor Type (Kitchen & Home)
Delayed writing this review until I had a few weeks experience of the DC14... it works very well and I am very happy with the purchase.

However, I am a 6' 1" male... and this machine is quite heavy, so taking it up and down stairs would be a trial for many smaller, weaker owners.

The vacuum pull is so efficient that I suspect some people would also have problems pushing the DC14 across thick carpets.

I think they do not promote the side benefits enough - using the DC14 will make you stronger and fitter, as well as cleaning up well! I've lost a stone in weight since getting the DC14.

If you do not get stronger and fitter, you will be selling the machine on very quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighter than the DC07, 5 Feb 2009
After having a DC07 All Floors for 7 years it was still working but unfortunately was a little bit battered and no matter how many times I cleaned the filter it still wasn't picking up the way it used to so decided to treat myself to a new one. This is smaller and lighter than the DC07 and easier to push around, take upstairs etc. Have not noticed any strange noise at all (previous reviews), but old vacuum was so noisy by end that this is a welcome relief. Put around the house once and need to empty cylinder already so shows how much it picks up compared to old one. Only downfall are attachments don't seem to swivel and took time to work out how to use the hose and get it back down again - but I think thats just me being a bit simple and thinking it would work like old one. Picks up lovely. Carpets Clean - what more can you ask for?

3.0 out of 5 stars whistle while you work, 30 Nov 2007
dyson told me to give it a week or two, so I could get used to this noise, but I don't see why I should.

I am not impressed by my new machine

3.0 out of 5 stars Dyson Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 30 April 2009
The cleaner is efficient, probably too efficient as the initial use provided a bag full of carpet fluff rather than dirt as such! It certainly cleans well. However, it is far too heavy, too noisy and clumsy in use. I'm not certain if I would buy another, but I guess it would be very practical in a household with lots of children and pets.Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars DYSON DC14 ALL FLOORS UPRIGHT, 3 Feb 2009
J. Fergus (UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased the Dyson All Floors in December 2008 and very impressed with ease with which it lifts dirt and fluff from carpets. It also appears to work well on hard wood and marble floors. As the suction cannot be reduced, would not want to use on chinese or persian rugs.

However, it is noisy - it has a high piercing whistle which is just short of unbearable. It's ugly to look at and heavy and awkward to carry around. The extension hose is clever but the tools supplied could have larger heads.

Emptying the dust chamber is simple enough, but dust and dirt always seem to escape no matter how carefully this is done.

Still . . . I just love these clean carpets . . .!

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband was right, 27 Jan 2009
K. PARR "the badger" (UK) - See all my reviews
After two years of renevating our house, we'v now had carpets fitted. The job of cleaning the bare wood and concrete floors was left to a cylinder style bagless vac and at times a good old dustpan & brush.
I would have settled for any upright vac but my husband insisted on a DC14. As we have a cat and a dog not to mention tiled, polished floor boards as well as carpets my husband said that any other vac just would not have fit the bill, he got his way, we opted for the DC14 all floors as it came with the turbine brush which effectivly upgrades it to an animal ( apart from the HEPA filter )....he was right, its fantastic. Dog & cat hair end up where they belong...in the bin. No other vacum cleaner i'v ever owned or used comes close.
*****

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 17 April 2009
S. TAYLOR (Lancs, Eng) - See all my reviews
We have had a Dyson for about 10 years and thought it was time to get a new one, we are very pleased we did. This is far better than the old Dyson we had, it is much lighter, more powerful and doesn't need emptying as often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC14 all floors, 5 Oct 2009
Wendy Lomas (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
My last dyson was very good, this one is even better!!! I have recently had hard floors fitted in various rooms so I needed a new hoover, and I am so glad I have gone with the dyson again. Highly recommend!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I look forward to vacuuming now..., 17 Feb 2010
S. Ellam (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
After my useless old vacuum cleaner this Dyson DC14 is a joy to use. The design is incredibly user friendly: attachments all click into place securely, the hose is long enough to reach the top step of my staircase from the hallway, the handle is comfortable, the cylinder is quick and easy to empty, easy to change from carpets to hardfloors, fantastic suction, and it looks good too. My house has never been cleaner! I absolutely recommend this vacuum cleaner to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC14, 1 Jan 2010
Gillian P. Ford-cross (Italy) - See all my reviews
We are very pleased with our new dyson, the delivery was very good within 4 days from order. We live in Italy and you cannot buy decent hoovers here, so when visiting my parents we ordered the dyson. This is our second dyson, the first one lasted 11 years. Lets hope this on lasts as long. It does do everything that was advertised. Would I recommend this yes, it is good for hard floors as well as carpets a good all rounder....

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›