5.0 out of 5 stars Oh joy!!
Yes, after 14 months of sheer frustration with a Hoover Dust Manager-Pets (see my review of THAT one!) I have finally given up and bought myself another Dyson.
Published on 24 Aug 2007 by J Ross

3.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC14
Noisy and heavy. Needs patience to put together and learn fittings etc. but then easy to empty. Seems to clean deeper than previous upright. Still expensive compared with others available
Published on 11 Feb 2009 by Dashwo

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh joy!!, 24 Aug 2007
This review is from: Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
What can I say - but I have just used it for the first time and it is an absolute JOY to use. It sucks like a demon - you can physically see it lifting the carpet as you go. Lovely big dust/dirt chamber that empties with the flick of a button.
I got about 10yrs faithful service from my old Dyson (DC01) and just wish I'd stuck with the brand instead of opting for the horrid Hoover.
Just can't recommend Dyson enough - FANTASTIC!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent vacuum cleaner, 28 Dec 2007
This review is from: Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
This really puts other vacuum cleaners to shame! I bought an LG vacuum cleaner and was disappointed, but this is just great. Dog hairs, food crumbs, everything has no chance against this weapon! just get one. Delivery in 24 hours was also excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Good One, 2 Nov 2008
This review is from: Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Good old Dyson. It's the lesser of all vacuuming evils. Having struggled with an LG for the last couple of years, I eventually caved in and bought the DC14 Origin. I had the original DC01 for 15 years and it served me well. The only reason I didn't buy another Dyson was cost, but other vacuums are false economy. I know people complain about Dysons losing suction after a few months, but they are still better than all the rest. This vacuum does exactly what it says on the tin. A good all round carpet vac.

4.0 out of 5 stars No regrets, 18 Feb 2009
This review is from: Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Dithered a bit about whether to buy something cheap, which might do an adequate job but not last long, or pay more for something like this that a lot of people recommend. So far no regrets about paying for a Dyson.
It's not as heavy to operate as some reviewers suggest, no worse than I've used before - though some people would find it awkward to carry up or down stairs. And it's no noisier than previous machines.

I use the Dyson only on carpets, so cannot comment on other surfaces. It does the job. Certainly, as others report, on its first use around the home it picked up a surprisingly large amount of dust and dirt. (Do all new vacuum cleaners do that when you first use them?) With its long hose I've even been pleased to use it on the stairs, which I've never managed to do successfully with an upright before. Before this I was sceptical about bagless cleaners but the Dyson has persuaded me. Apart from saving on bags, it's useful to see how much dirt you've gathered so far. And emptying the Dyson is really easy and convenient.

One minor quibble - and I really am straining to find any adverse thing to say - the lead is long, which is often handy; but I find myself stepping onto it while I'm using the cleaner, so to avoid that I have to hold the lead at handle height, which helps keep it away from my feet. A small design thing that could be improved; and maybe it doesn't bother anyone else anyway.

All in all, then, I think this is an effective and efficient cleaner and - am I really saying this about a vacuum cleaner? - a pleasure to use. Have only had this for a couple of months, but if it doesn't go wrong for at least four or five years I shall be very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Suction and well built, 2 Mar 2008
Mr. D. Shearer (Thurso, Caithness United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
This Dyson is an upgrade to my previous model the legendary DC07. Some additional fetures inculde the "wand" that extends, a hand grip on the end of the hose and improved tools. The downsides with this machine are when disposing of the bin waste I have found that you need to put you hand into the bin and actually empty it manually as it gets stuck in the bin.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC14, 11 Feb 2009

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended., 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I have been a dyson fan for many years, but this is my last machine. It is cheap and
flimsy and does not do the job. With my old dysons I could feel them sucking the carpet. This one just skates across it despite me poking out the holes in the turbo. The nozzle tool does not fit well and is angled which prevents it fitting in small spaces. It also has a hole in it which affects the suction- I covered it with electrical tape which does improve it but I prefer to use the tools from an older machine. Poor build quality, the lead twisted really badly and the plastic cover over the brushes does not fit well . Than goodness for the 5 year guarantee as the hose spilt within months. I do not recommend at all, and I will never buy another dyson.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good hoover but..., 21 Nov 2009
F. Proctor "Wildfrank" (Plymouth. UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
We've had a series of Dyson vacuum cleaners starting with the original DC01. They all had very good suction etc but there was always something in the quality control. With one it was the connection to the on/off button (which had to be reconnected about fifty times) with another it was the extendable hose splitting (we had it replaced I don't know how many times) Dysons' customer service is, however, second to none so we got stuff sorted quickly. The DC14 is the latest and so far the best, although it does suffer from the number one Dyson problem, they are too heavy (Do you hear that MR Dyson!!?) They are all too heavy, but this one is fine on the carpet and other flooring, it's just when you have to carry it upstairs ......

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but noisey., 14 April 2009
Lenmac "The Commander" (Inveraray, Argyll, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
As with all Dysons this is a very good cleaner but this particular model is much more noisey that our previous model which was a DC7

4.0 out of 5 stars sturdy and dependable, 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Suction excellent, changes from carpets to wooden flooring without any loss of suction.

Long lead very useful

Heavy to use, but I expect that from a Dyson, they dont break easily and seem to live forever, none of mine have ever lost suction with age.

I prefer the wand on earlier DC14 and especially the DC01 which did not have the handle at the top (which I thoroughly dislike). The slide away wand facility on this vacuum is a little cumbersome, however it is much less time consuming to use than the wand on the ball Dyson.

I would buy this model again - if you are looking for a good all rounder which does what it says on the label, this is what you are looking for.

Dyson DC14 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner