• Tanx

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 January 2015
Love this CD bought it originally on vinyl and to my shame sold it a long time ago, so I was very pleased to buy this, Marc was probably at his peak around this time, but I think what a lot of people forget is that the sound of T-REX was really like no other band although they are all branded glamrock, there is very little comparison between Sweet, Slade and T-Rex 1997 was a very bad year and who know what Marc would have gone on to do with his life, he was a true star that burned very brightly but for too short a period, if you like Slider you will like this one I hope he is not forgotten as his music was very different to the works of others not least his words
on 26 October 2009
I think this was Marc's last truly great album. I've had the vinyl since it came out all those years ago. Mine was very worn out and this CD is a real treat to listen to without the scratches! For those new Bolan fans not old enough to have experienced the original release, get this CD and you will not be disappointed. From the early phasing techniques, to the rock guitar stabs, all of the people influenced by Marc's great talent will have studied this masterpiece.You will be in good company! The amazing thing is: I paid more money than this for it when it came out!
on 23 February 2015
Amazing as this may seem I have only recently given this my full attention. Marc's picture was the only one on my wall at one point but it became unfashionable to like him after Metal Guru and Telegram Sam so I lost touch with him. How did I miss this and what happened to the hit singles? Rapids, Mister Mister and The Street and Babe Shadow all have his magic touch and the whole collection is as one other reviewer describes like a marvellous assorted box of chocolates. Short but very sweet!
on 9 July 2015
to be honest can't tell the big difference between this and regular release,just another way of making you buy 2012 remixes again
on 6 November 2005
In the 70-s "Tanx" was my favourite T. Rex album. It did not contain any singles (So what ! I already had them all at that time !) and the opening track "Tenement Lady" was the most peculiar song I ever heard . (I was 17 years old then!) The change from uptempo to slow in that song was vary rare !
"Rapids" is still a very "groovy" track to listen to now, including the (Turtles)voices of Flo & Eddie and "Broken hearted blues" still gives me shivers, in spite of its simple melody. All other tracks are very nice to listen to. The tracks are produced very clearly.
Marc Bolan was the one who introduced glam rock, but this is very classy glamrock !
He was a big fan of Elvis. They both died in the same month in 1977.
on 21 July 2012
Tanx by T.Rex is up there among the classics, i have been a Marc Bolan & T.Rex fan for over 30 years & i must have most of there cd's & albums ect, this one is well recorded & all the songs are just super, like Tenement Lady/Rapids/Mad Donna/Born to Boogie & one of my favs Highway Knees. at this price you can't go wrong. 10 out of 10.
on 9 January 2013
Overshadowed by Electric Warrior and Slider, Tanx displayed a growth in Bolans song writing that promised a career and influence that would outlast the screaming schoolgirls and hype. The influence remains unfortunately fate robbed us what new music could have followed.
on 19 March 2013
Brilliant album and the alteernative collection of tracks, "Left Hand Luke", worth the purchase itself.
Hope they make a 40th anniversary box set of this. But make a better effort than with "The Slider".
on 11 April 2016
Great album often overshadowed by Electric Warrior and The Slider but it's on par with them.Stand out track has got to be Left Hand Luke and the Beggar Boys air guitar heaven !!
on 29 October 2013
Great album not so well known as Slider but as good. New pressing very good on "180 gram"- my hifi loved it too!