5.0 out of 5 stars Phenominal new worship, 30 Aug 2007
C. Cameron "c.cam108" (EK, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tim Hughes / Holding Back Nothing (Audio CD)
This album is amazing. I listened to When Silence Falls, Tim's earlier album and always thought it seemed a bit lackluster, as though something was missing. Holding Nothing Back, on the other hand, is a huge improvement. The songs are driving, never boring, and are all very powerful in their own way.

Listening to each track is a new experience in itself. The music is like nothing ever heard before. At first it might seem like the same old worship song, either start quiet, build to huge chorus, cut out again for a quiet ending, or heavy all the way through. But the more you listen, the more you get a sense of pushing the boundries. The instrumentation is fantastic, rythms are well-constructed.

My personal favourite is the 7-minute God of Justice. I've heared it before at Soul Survivor, but on the album there is a new section, which just adds so much more to the song. It's a whole new worship experience. Also, The Highest and The Greatest. The buildup section (3:37) is fantastic, proclaming our fundamental aim in worship: "Lifting You high, higher and higher." I could go on about how I love that simple chord progression in worship and it's ability to allow you to express yourself as a musician in worship to God, but I'll hold back. :D

There are no mediocre tracks here, just great talent and passion all the way through. Buy this and your eyes will be opened to what I believe is a whole new progression in contemporary Christian music. And I like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album - Really Awesome Worship, 8 July 2007
This review is from: Tim Hughes / Holding Back Nothing (Audio CD)
I bought this after listening to Al Gordon and Tim on the worshipcentral podcast (worshipcentral.org). It was really impressed. The arrangements are almost anthem like with a strong sound. Great to play at high volume or in a still setting. A great third album.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!, 15 April 2009
WOW! just wow!
This album is sooo amazing.
Every single track is really moving & it's the kind of CD you can listen to on loop over & over & over again.
Probably my favourite album OF ALL TIME!
REALLY WORTH GETTING!

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 31 Mar 2008
This review is from: Holding Nothing Back (Audio CD)
I own many Christian music CD's and play them often. For me, it's not so much about the melody (although that is important) but all about the lyrics. Tim Hughes writes and sings from the heart. Who could ask for more?

5.0 out of 5 stars It holds nothing back!, 4 Jan 2008
T. Crease (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tim Hughes / Holding Back Nothing (Audio CD)
This album is simply superb. Each track is a cracker; great worship (and also great to drive to and sing like a nutter!!!). Personal fave is "Everything" - awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album, 6 Oct 2008
Dianne M. Benz "Dianne Benz" (Plymouth, Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Holding Nothing Back (Audio CD)
I am a big fan of Tim's and already have 'when silence falls'. That made me search for other albums of his, I found this one on amazon and as I listen to it a lot,find myself worshipping without even thinking as the songs are so heartfelt. Hope he makes another soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome worship songs!, 1 Aug 2008
Samantha Gregory "Gee" (Blackburn, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tim Hughes / Holding Back Nothing (Audio CD)
I've always found it difficult to find Christian music and didn't have much opportunity to listen to contempory worship music in my home Church. However, a friend at my university's Christian Union recommended Tim Hughes to me. I was quite surprised that Christian music seems to be much more expensive than chart albums, but I decided to take the plunge and buy it anyway. It was deffinatly worth it, it's such an amazing album. There's a nice mix of songs, both upbeat and slower, worship and reflective. I'd totally recommend this album for anyone looking for some great, modern worship music.

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 27 Nov 2007
This review is from: Holding Nothing Back (Audio CD)
this CD has 4 really excellent trax and the others aren't bad, they're really good but not excellent. So basically I say it is defintely worth buying and you won't be disappointed by it but it is not Tim's best stuf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Sep 2011
Mrs. J. Hamer-hodges (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tim Hughes / Holding Back Nothing (Audio CD)
Really enjoying this CD - lots of great songs and well produced. Even the children are joining in with the songs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tim Hughes/ Holding back nothing, 29 April 2011
Knecht "musicfreak" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tim Hughes / Holding Back Nothing (Audio CD)
Inspiring songs which lead you into an attitude of worship and humbleness.
"Clinging to the cross" is simply amazing.

ARRAY(0xb341d1ec)

Tim Hughes / Holding Back Nothing
Tim Hughes / Holding Back Nothing by Tim Hughes (Audio CD - 2007)