Size: ONE SIZE|Change

on 20 January 2013
Some reviewers have mentioned that the attachments break easily, I didn't find this but can understand their concerns as they are on the flimsy side. I just made sure that I didn't force the clipper through the coat as the instructions advised.

I made sure to oil the clippers before and after use, and also kept them clear during use and they cut with aplomb.

I've cut a Yorkshire Terrier with a very matted coat and a Springer Spaniel and it took four hours to complete. The Yorkie took almost three hours as it has a dense coat. The clippers were as sharp at the end of clipping as they were at the finish. I find that it's just a case of being patient and not expecting the clippers to zoom through the coat, don't get me wrong, they cut well but if you expect a very quick cut then in my opinion you need to spend much more on a more accomplished product.

The clippers did get warm but still worked well. I stopped every now and again for a break and let them cool down.

I must stress that both dogs coats were long overdue for a cut and the fact that the clipper completed the job impressed me. It's still sharp and should last some time before the blades need replaced. Wahl provide a blade sharpening service for £6.90 which includes return P&P.

The fact that they have the cordless option is useful and will allow for quick trims in the future. However, the clippers do take sixteen hours to fully charge the first time but this does not stop you cutting straight away from the mains.

The blades flip out easily which is great for cleaning and also allows for quick cooling as the clipper will cool quicker with the blades detached.

I managed to get the clipper for £29.99 when on sale so I'm very pleased with the purchase. They are definitely the best clippers I've had and I've tried a few.
on 10 December 2013
I don't usually write reviews for anything I've bought through Amazon, but felt I should write a few lines about this product, with regard to a specific breed.

Labradoodle owners take note .....

Whilst these clippers are indeed very good, and worthy of the positive reviews here, I thought I should mention that they are NOT suitable for all breeds of dogs, so that potential buyers are forewarned.

I have a miniature Australian Labradoodle, with a hair / fleece / wool mix coat, and these clippers are not suitable for her type of coat. To be fair, they coped with the regular curly hair around her head, but didn't fare well (they didn't fare at all!) with the rest of her body or leg `hair'. At one point the clippers struggled so much that the blades actually pulled right off the main device.

From personal experience, I found that the teeth on these clippers are too close together (they are the same as on the personal grooming clippers), and I see no difference between these dog grooming clippers and Wahl's (human) personal hair clippers, other than that the motor is a little more powerful.
As cordless clippers, even on full charge, they will not cope with this type of Labradoodle coat. Even plugged into the mains, they only worked on her coat without any attachments, meaning that her coat had to be cut almost down to the skin.

On a more positive note, they worked perfectly well on my Yorkie.
on 9 July 2009
Warning cuts through the dogs hair like a hot knife through butter so be careful or you will have a bald Dog very quickly. The fully charged unit will run out of power within 30 minutes but you can finish your dogs off with the mains supply if you have to.
33 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 August 2012
Amazing product, excelente quality material. I can do what ever clipp I want in my dog, he looks great! And without expensive trips to the vet... He has a very full and thick hair, and it works perfectly. It does not make too many noise, and he fell confortable doing it. The baterie also lasts long, and withouth the cable, is it's much more easy to clipp his hair. I STRONGLY recommend it, to any race of dog.
on 8 December 2009
These are just what they say on the tin.
They perform very well, and come with various length attachments in order to trim our dog to the desired length.
And being rechargeable makes them very porteable for those tricky bits.
on 28 March 2010
it does all it says it will do . and being cordless is a great help, the dogs don't seem to resent it which is a very great plus i would definately recommend wahl products
on 5 September 2013
First time buying pet clippers and the product is good value for money. Its great that they're cordless as it means you can chase your dog around with them while they are running in terror (haha joking!) but seriousy, they are perfect for me and my pup (a collie x bichon fries) whose hair is longish but soft and wavy. The clippers had no trouble cutting. I didn't shave the hair too short yet and mainly wanted them for trimming her botty fluff to stop poop getting stuck to it! And they did that perfectly!
on 6 May 2012
I was dubious about ordering after reading some reviews, however I took a chance and ordered. Now used it twice on Casper my Springer Spaniel and although I am still nervous about clipping him the Clippers are terrific. One review said that the battery ran out before they were finished, were they clipping a horse?. I have never tried to groom a dog before, my dog is nearly 5 years and does not like loud noises, but as these clippers are quiet and easy to use I had no problems. Long term I hope they last but short term experience I would recommend them to anyone.I am a "hopefully" young 69 year old.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 March 2016
I purchased this today, not from Amazon directly but a well known high street shop.
Although this was the Red Version which was actually more expensive than buying from Amazon directly. I first came across this brand at a well know pet store, this is where I bought my original.

I have previously owned a Whal branded grooming kit, although this is now around 2 years old and no longer functions as well as it once did, I decided to upgraded to the wireless option as this would enable me to move around freely without the mess of wire and annoying tangles.

I own a 4 year old Yorkshire Terrier, i prefer to do home cuts due to having bad experiences with mobile/shop groomers that caused stress to my furry friend. This way I can insure he's property looked after during cuts and routine maintenance. His coat was long overdue needing tidied up ( if you own, then I'm sure you know how tatty they can look over time especially around the facial area).

On the packaging there is an QR Code, that once scanned directs you to Whal's webpage for guidance on using and techniques, although this is useful for those that haven't home cut before, I personally know how I like my furry friend to look and have experience using.

Performance
——————
I'm by no means a professional groomer so to cut my dog, it usually can me take anything from 60-90minutes depending on the severity. I used them today it did take around the same time though was far easier. This could be as its new but initially I was impressed with the ease feeling like a hot knife to butter, my little furry friend is used to the sound of the clippers so I can't comment on how your dog will react though in reality each dog is different to noise sensitivity, all I can say is they are slightly quieter than my previous pair and don't vibrate half as much. (You'll know what I mean when you have been at it before for over half and hour and your hand begins to go numb) This didn't happen.. Thankfully.

What's Included?
————————
Accessories include: blade guard, cleaning brush and clipper oil.
4 attachments included.
Grades: 1-4.
Batteries required 1 x rechargeable batteries included .

Pro:
• My own model was unpacked partially charged, that allowed me around an hours use. And still works without needing to be recharged.
• The blade, is far superior to my previous without tugging and pulling of the hair.
• I can use it without needing to plug in for quick tidying up, though when it does go low on battery the AC can be used and continued from the mains supply.

Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase today, sure the cut wasn't perfect or up to groomers standards, but I'm glad I can now resume home cutting and not spending ridiculous amounts of money and cause unneeded stress, in another use.. This pretty much would have paid for itself.
* it does take a lot of patience, so perseverance is pretty essential.

------ Additional Notes -------
I try review items I already need or have a strong interest in, so in order I can provide a fair review based on a real genuine trial, my opinions and experiences with the product are an actual true reflection of my experience with the item.

I PURCHASED out with Amazon, I'm sharing my initial experience with the item, the quality should definitely be the same regardless of where I bought it.
on 10 February 2012
I purchased this trimmer for use on my horse's hairy bits after reading a recommendation from a professional horse groom on an equine forum.

I was a little sceptical as this product is mainly marketed at dog owners (there is a purple version of the same clipper that is marketed more at horses but it doesn't have the comb attachments, DVD or hard case and is around the same price). However, I needn't have worried!

My horse is half traditional cob and has med-thick feathering on her chin and legs, plus "trousers" on the back of her hind legs, hair sprouting out of her ears, etc. I wanted a cordless clipper to do the hairy areas which are going to be a problem all year round, particularly legs and beard. When I bought her last month she had never been clipped and wouldn't let me anywhere near her face with my old, noisy corded body clippers. So for me, a quiet, handy but effective clipper was a must.

I am really pleased with these clippers - they do the job perfectly well. I did her face first without the comb attachment, it gave a really nice finish but I would caution that they clip a lot closer than normal horse clippers, I was happy to do this without the guard as I have steady hands but some people might be better using the grade 1 attachment.

I was worried they would burn out when clipping her legs, but I have been using the "grade 4" attachment first and then taking them down to a grade 3 for a natural look, as I don't want bald legs, just less hairy and neater ones!

I have given 4 star rather than 5 star as my only misgiving is that even when fully charged, I'm not getting full power for too long. I have found I have only enough charge to do "a leg a day" unless I want to plug it in (which I don't). The battery seems to give you 20 minutes of full power and then a further 20 minutes of rather substandard power (and then I give up, although the battery isn't totally flat at this stage). This could be due to the amount of hair I am clipping though!