4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job
Warning cuts through the dogs hair like a hot knife through butter so be careful or you will have a bald Dog very quickly. The fully charged unit will run out of power within 30 minutes but you can finish your dogs off with the mains supply if you have to.
Published on 9 July 2009 by Mr. T.

2.0 out of 5 stars Problem with plastic blade cover
The clippers are good but the one plastic cover which is the right length for my dog keeps falling off during use and causing a very close shave! Almost dangerous!
Published on 27 Sep 2010 by HelenVonT

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 9 July 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars WAHL PRO Pet Shears ( rechargeable), 8 Dec 2009
P. Gregg - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wahl Pro Series Dog Clipper Mains / Rechargeable (Misc.)
These are just what they say on the tin.
They perform very well, and come with various length attachments in order to trim our dog to the desired length.
And being rechargeable makes them very porteable for those tricky bits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Yorkie and Springer Spaniel..., 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Wahl Pro Series Dog Clipper Mains / Rechargeable (Misc.)
Some reviewers have mentioned that the attachments break easily, I didn't find this but can understand their concerns as they are on the flimsy side. I just made sure that I didn't force the clipper through the coat as the instructions advised.

I made sure to oil the clippers before and after use, and also kept them clear during use and they cut with aplomb.

I've cut a Yorkshire Terrier with a very matted coat and a Springer Spaniel and it took four hours to complete. The Yorkie took almost three hours as it has a dense coat. The clippers were as sharp at the end of clipping as they were at the finish. I find that it's just a case of being patient and not expecting the clippers to zoom through the coat, don't get me wrong, they cut well but if you expect a very quick cut then in my opinion you need to spend much more on a more accomplished product.

The clippers did get warm but still worked well. I stopped every now and again for a break and let them cool down.

I must stress that both dogs coats were long overdue for a cut and the fact that the clipper completed the job impressed me. It's still sharp and should last some time before the blades need replaced. Wahl provide a blade sharpening service for £6.90 which includes return P&P.

The fact that they have the cordless option is useful and will allow for quick trims in the future. However, the clippers do take sixteen hours to fully charge the first time but this does not stop you cutting straight away from the mains.

The blades flip out easily which is great for cleaning and also allows for quick cooling as the clipper will cool quicker with the blades detached.

I managed to get the clipper for £29.99 when on sale so I'm very pleased with the purchase. They are definitely the best clippers I've had and I've tried a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casper Clipping???, 6 May 2012
This review is from: Wahl Pro Series Dog Clipper Mains / Rechargeable (Misc.)
I was dubious about ordering after reading some reviews, however I took a chance and ordered. Now used it twice on Casper my Springer Spaniel and although I am still nervous about clipping him the Clippers are terrific. One review said that the battery ran out before they were finished, were they clipping a horse?. I have never tried to groom a dog before, my dog is nearly 5 years and does not like loud noises, but as these clippers are quiet and easy to use I had no problems. Long term I hope they last but short term experience I would recommend them to anyone.I am a "hopefully" young 69 year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars canine clippers, 28 Mar 2010
A. Roffe "erin" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wahl Pro Series Dog Clipper Mains / Rechargeable (Misc.)
it does all it says it will do . and being cordless is a great help, the dogs don't seem to resent it which is a very great plus i would definately recommend wahl products

5.0 out of 5 stars Super product!, 2 May 2011
This review is from: Wahl Pro Series Dog Clipper Mains / Rechargeable (Misc.)
I have had other Wahl clippers before but these are the best. They were perfect for my two Shih Tzu dogs who both hate having their hair cut. Because they are cordless, I could follow them around much easier as they moved on the trimming table. The blades cut well, the unit itself did not get too hot and the battery life is excellent. I followed the instruction and did a 16 hour complete charge before using for the first time and I was able to trim the two dogs on one charge. Absolutely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING PRODUCT, 15 Aug 2012
This review is from: Wahl Pro Series Dog Clipper Mains / Rechargeable (Misc.)
Amazing product, excelente quality material. I can do what ever clipp I want in my dog, he looks great! And without expensive trips to the vet... He has a very full and thick hair, and it works perfectly. It does not make too many noise, and he fell confortable doing it. The baterie also lasts long, and withouth the cable, is it's much more easy to clipp his hair. I STRONGLY recommend it, to any race of dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 26 Jan 2010
This review is from: Wahl Pro Series Dog Clipper Mains / Rechargeable (Misc.)
This was my first time using clippers and these seem to do the job very well. I like the fact that they can be used with or without the cable - this and the brand name was the reason for my choice. I'm not sure on the accuracy of the length of cut that the different size combs suggest but I imagine that's due to my inexperience as a user. In my case it's a bit trial and error to choose the right comb for the required coat length but I've no complaints over the ease of use or cutting action of the clippers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased so far!, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Wahl Pro Series Dog Clipper Mains / Rechargeable (Misc.)
I have an old english sheepdog, and I wanted a product which could handle his thick hair. I haven't given the product 5 stars, as it struggles a little, but then it is early days, and I have to get the hang of how to use it properly! Ralph, my dog, doesn't seem to mind the buzzing as much as I thought he would, and it is quieter than I expected. I think once I get the hang of it, the clipper will be much better when handled by someone who knows what they are doing! I love the fact it is rechargable, as when trying to negotiate a moving dog, and getting the right position angle, etc., a wire plugged into the mains may not be such a good idea! All in all I am pleased with these clippers so far!

2.0 out of 5 stars Problem with plastic blade cover, 27 Sep 2010