5.0 out of 5 stars Scandtastic!, 28 Sep 2007
William J. Walker "Billyjay" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Suburban Kids With Biblical Names No.3 (Audio CD)
Firstly I apologise for the title of the review, I don't know what came over me. Anyway, I felt I must fully endorse and concur with the comments of the previous reviewer, excepting that this is not really all that twee.

What you get from this brilliant Swedish duo, is fabulous sunny pop, wry humour and a bucket load of instantly catchy melodies. There really is not a duff track on the album. I guess you'd have to place this in the 'indie ghetto' but I wish so-called main stream pop could be this effortlessly enjoyable.

Go on take a gamble, like I did. If you like your music with some rough edges left unpolished, and full of joyous melodic sunshine, I don't think you'll regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 21 Jun 2011
Mr. J. Ward (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Suburban Kids With Biblical Names No.3 (Audio CD)
I don't usually write reviews for music, but for this one I am prepared to make an exception.

Suburban Kids With Biblical Names No.3 is, quite frankly, one of the best music albums I have ever listened to. Unlike some other 'follow-up' albums there are no fillers - every single track is pure musical genius. In fact, this is the first album I have ever purchased which I have liked all of the tracks on. I do, however, have my favourites - including 'Sh-tty Weekend' which is fast-paced and cheerful (for the most part anyway). And 'Rent a Wreck'.

I don't want to bore you by going on endlessly about this album. So, to summarise:

Get it. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars catchy, 24 Aug 2007
This review is from: Suburban Kids With Biblical Names No.3 (Audio CD)
I bought this album without having heard any of the band's music. It was linked to me because I had bought and enjoyed the I'm From Barcelona album. Depsite the weirdness of being recommended random albums by a machine, I bought it and, like the aforementioned album, this is another fairly twee and cosy affair from Scando-land.
However, the real clincher for this album is the songs. Looking through the tracklist, there is not one song that can be categorised as 'filler'. Every song is pleasantly catchy at worst. At best, the standout tracks are touching, musically interesting and utterly more-ish.
I'm now frantically searching for more twee, cosy Scando-pop that sounds like it was made by overly-enthusiastic amateurs.

To conclude; this album is poppy, totally indie and full of great sing-a-long songs.

Suburban Kids With Biblical Names No.3
Suburban Kids With Biblical Names No.3 by Suburban Kids with Biblical Names (Audio CD - 2007)