4.0 out of 5 stars Worried about using a controller? Don't be!
Published on 13 May 2007 by A. Mcbride

3.0 out of 5 stars so close...yet so far
This game has great graphics, cut scenes and plenty of variation of gameplay such as skirmish and online battles. The early versions of C&C were great and they were great for a reason...which seems to have been forgotten in this version. The AI is brutal in this version and it develops at such a pace that its a struggle to build enough units to withstand the onslaught...
Published on 27 July 2007 by Ironcopper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Worried about using a controller? Don't be!, 13 May 2007
A. Mcbride (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I've never written a review before, but I thought I would for anyone concerned about the control system for the 360. I loved the original C&C games, and the Red Alert ones too, but on the PC. As my laptop wont run the PC version and although I thought it would be impossible to port to a controller based console, I figured it would be worth a try after reading a previous reviewers comments.

And I must say, if you've used a 360 before it will take very little time to get used to the controls, especially after the slightly slow but very clear boot camp you'll be orchestrating manouvers and issuing orders with little or no trouble at all. I've only played a couple of the missions and a few skirmishes, and so far so good. The missions seem well thought out and are interesting enough in direction. The video sequences are well done, with the colonel from starship troopers and Sawyer from Lost, amongst others. And the units are diverse, well animated and some of the explosions and superweapon graphics are sensational. Just watching some of the big, potentially huge, battles are visually breathtaking.

So at the risk of sounding like an employee of EA, I'd advise anyone who is a fan of the series, and indeed genre, and perhaps doesn't have the capability of the PC version to give this game a go. Don't be put off by the lack of a trusty mouse and keyboard.

Hope this was useful, and hope you aren't disappointed if you do give it a try, this is after all, only my humble opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Command and Conquer, 1 Jun 2007
A. Booth "Booth2006" (Leeds Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
when i first found out that command and conquer was coming out on the xbox 360 i knew it was a game that i would be purchasing as my computer and laptop run at the speed of snails.

one issue that i thought would bother me was the whole using a pad to play the game with after 5minutes or playing on the demo that i downloaded off the marketplace i knew this wasnt a problem.

The game itself is fantastic as you dont have to rush through the levels because you have a timelimit or anything you plan an attack properly and that is the kind of game command and conquer is supposed to be hopefully there will be some decent downloads for buildings etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back Commander..., 28 April 2007
This review is from: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Following the release of this title on PC, I have been waiting for C&C3 for the Xbox 360 for months. I have downloaded the demo on the 360 from Xbox Live and I can say that it is all I hoped it would be. The ease of use was something I thought not possible by any console over the PC, however the developers must have spent some serious months perfecting the menu's and making it as easy as possible to use. The 'Boot Camp' option in the main menu is a Must to begin with, as it teaches you all the controls you will need to defeat the enemy and how to control groups of soldiers and vehicles with minimum interference during battle.

The story also has many great features, with a great acting cast from TV shows on your screens now. The cut scenes are also shot in Hi-Def format for those lucky enough to have a new TV. The welcome return of Kane is a great way to keep the Command & Conquer story alive too, plus the addition of a third player, an alien race that...... I wont say any more, except that they are none too friendly.

I'm really looking forward to this release, firstly so that I can crack on with the story mode and secondly so that I can challenge people online as I have with the demo. The online experience is awsome, as you can link up your vision camera and see your opponent in real time if you wish and recieve 10 seconds of Bragging time if you win the battle, so your opponent has to see you laugh at their pitiful attempt to crush you at the end of the game.

The weapons have been greatly improved for this game too, with my personal favourite still being the Mammoth Tanks. The super weapons are also very handy for getting you out of sticky situations. Were only a few of each available in the demo I played, but hopefully the full game offers many more great war machines.

See you on the battlefield....

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT RTS GAME FOR THE 360. EASY CONTROLS!!, 25 Oct 2008
This review is from: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Most of you would think that because this game is on a 360, the controls will be horrible and confusing..... WRONG!!!

The controls are easy and you will be able to play this with ease within half an hour of learning.

Graphics are amazing and the animations of the bases are brilliant.

3 races to play from, GDI,NOD and SCAIN. All have different tech tree's and systems.

A massive campaign (38 levels) i believe, which will keep you entertained for hours.

SUPERWEAPONS!!!!! I love using these, especially on XBL, just total ownage they are.

Overall an excellent game and you won't regret buying this!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but slightly annoying, 1 Jun 2007
Andrew I. Ourtenay "courtenez" (manchester) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
If you like C&C then you'll like this. The gameplay is just like red alert 2 except fully 3D. All the units seem to have a longer range meaning more impressive looking battles. The only downsides are the BAFFLING amount of time to load and save games, if anyone here has watched the "searching for save games" screen you'll know what I mean. And there is no restart mission option, good god why!? If you fail a mission you have to go right back to the main screen. Those are the only downsides for me. I have only ever really noticed the game speed drop a few times, and when it has happened there has been so much going on I'm glad of it as it makes it easier for me to keep up.

The joypad controls are excellent. At no point have I been left frustrated trying to control the action

5.0 out of 5 stars c&c 3 on the xbox? GREAT!!, 15 May 2007
This review is from: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I got this game a day before it's release and when i got back from school i started playing immediately and thought it was great. the campaign is exellent but it normaly revolves around destroying the enemy base(with exeption the nod campaign were you have to use some of their craftyer tactics).the controls are easy to pick up and in some ways are better than the pc version because you can get to tabs and things like that quicker(instead of trying to remmeber every single hotkey). i was a bit disappointed with the skirmish aspect as there weren't as many maps to choise from as in the pc version and you could only play with up to 4 players. overall the game is exellant and, even though the skirmish was a bit dissapointing i would recommend it to people which can't get it for pc.

5.0 out of 5 stars c&c gets better and better, 10 Jan 2008
J. Perry "JP" (Rotherham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
this game is the first RTS i've ever played on a console - as i must say i am impressed - the graphics are great, the cut scenes excellent, the sounds and the interface all well done. I have played this game on the PC version but my PC does not have to power to run it effectively and all the animation and graphics are slow and blocky. I was wary as many people have said that the controller does not work well with it, but i must say it does - with a few issues about senistivity which can be sorted with a bit of playing in the menus. My only gripe with it would be the fact that due to playing it on a telly you can't quite see the icons or writing on the screen and if you do then they cover most of the screen. Howver all in all a very good game - also the expansion pack coming soon will make it better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Command & Conquered the 360!!!, 10 May 2007
David Smart "0_o" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
dont normally review until its Actually released..however got PC version and downloaded demo on Xbox360. This is a absolutely sweet version port to Xbox ok looks rather plain in areas but beats having to tweak pc settings to get the game running properly. Controls take about 10mins to get the hang of..aventually you wonder why people go on about using a mouse and keyboard. If like Action RTS plz i wouldnt hesitate. Guns, Tanks, warfair and Explosions with cheesey movie sequences which still fit the game well, you just cant go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This was just what I was after it was a great game loved it would recommend it to others that enjoy strategy games. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Our eldest son who's 10 wanted a strategy based xbox game similar to the board game risk but with more options! We were initially worried about the 16+ age tag on the game, but the 'violence' is not much more than kids see on a lot of cartoons these days. Haven't come across any swearing which was our main concern. A couple of instances of 'damn' or 'hell' only. This is a great game, takes a little time to get your head around all the training modules but is very addictive to 39 year old husbands! A great buy with lots of multi-tasking strategy thinking required which is what we wanted to encourage!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360)
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
9.49