VINE VOICEon 8 September 2011
A friend of ours bought us a set of these "pencils" for our two year old son and we were so impressed that we went out and bought a larger rainbow of colours.

These are a beautiful, chunky cross between a pencil and a crayon (the outer sheath is wooden with stripes indicating the colour of the pencil but the "lead" is very soft like a crayon).

The colours are vibrant and varied and transfer very well to paper, my son has not problems at all holding and drawing with them and loves to sit down at the dining room table with me and tear a big strip of paper off the roll we have and draw trains, aeroplanes, the family, letters and birthday cakes with candles with me.

They are water soluble and wipe easily off our laminated wooden coffee table too, I am quite a strict parent so we've not had a chance to test how well they come off walls, carpets or furniture yet.

It is worth investing in the sharpener for the pencils (they have a large diameter than a standard pencil) which does a great job of keeping them ready to go.

I would not hesitate to recommend these pencils for children, try one of the smaller packs first to make sure you agree with me but I am pretty sure you'll extend your collection after seeing how well made they are.
on 14 June 2012
My kids despise any other crayon or pencil now. These are very soft, and the colors are very strong, so even little kids can leave strong marks. They are opaque, so you can draw on colored paper. And of course the watercolor thing means you can make beautiful strong lines on wet paper, or play with brushes in mixing, or even (and of course they love this) smudge it with spit. You can even mix the dry colors, they really are the best thing ever.
on 3 February 2014
I was was struggling to find suitable pencils for my daughter who has special needs and loves colouring. These chunky pencils are ideal; easy to hold, vibrant colours and almost unbreakable!

See one answered question