Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 17 December 2011
Installed 2 x 2GB on a mid-2007 MacBook 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo. Apple recommends a max of 2GB RAM for this particular model, however other sources had suggested it was possible to install 4GB with no problems. The MacBook can utilise 3GB of the 4GB installed and has maintained perfect stablity and runs noticeably faster than before.

A++
on 24 December 2014
Worked like advertised. Arrived well packaged & for the price added a bit mor Oooommmph to an ageing Mac...
If you are looking for massive performance upgrade then I recommend replacing the HDD with an SSD but this just helps with a minor speed & performance improvement.
on 23 February 2014
Used these to replace 500MB memory in a Dell 640m notebook computer.
According to the Dell website, this are the recommended memory modules for this computer. Check the website if you have a Dell and want to be sure.

Supposedly only 2GB would be compatible with the 32bit chipset. I have Ubuntu installed and it recognized 3 GB.
Performance improvement is noticeable.

Happy with these memory modules.
on 21 May 2012
Very simple to install (and I am not at all techy).
Works straight away with my early 2008 Macbook pro.

The original supplier also has a great chat facility on their website to help with enquiries.
on 10 January 2013
I bought this as part of an upgrade kit for laptop, this was a judgement call which unfortunately backfired as the laptop failed to support both modules at the same time, however the modules themselves worked fine individually and performed as expected, if both modules had worked at the same time then I would have said they were value for money.
on 16 October 2012
Does what it says on the packet! Easy to install. Make sure you have the right screwdriver and take your time when installing. Does need a bit of a push to get them in to the ports but that's normal. First package I received from them only had one piece of RAM in it so check it as soon as it arrives. Amazon corrected the error immediately and sent me the correct product first class at no extra cost - to my surprise they even paid for my return postage costs too.
on 5 June 2012
I bought this to expand the memory in my 2008 mid-range Macbook white from 2GB to 4GB running Snow Leopard. Originally I would find the in the Activity monitor the Macbook would be low on available memory primarily due to have 3-4 applications, the paging and swap process would increase that shortened battery life down to 3 hours.

Since adding the memory, my average battery life is now 4.5 - 5 hours as there is very little paging/swap activity with 3-4 applications open and the hard disk has become more responsive as there is enough memory for the Mac to run without needing to use the disk as backup.

The memory was dead simple to fit, instructions to fit into Mac and other laptops was supplied and took about 10 mins tops.
VINE VOICEon 13 October 2009
In order to prolong the investment in a laptop I am moving to Windows 7; now seems also the time to upgrade the 1Gb memory. I took the plunge and went 4Gb which means I need the 64 bit version of Windows 7 (else I only get just over 2Gb for bizarre reasons known only to Microsoft). Given how much slicker Windows 7 is than Vista this should extend the useful life of the laptop and justify the expense.
If you're interested my experience index went from 3.9 to 5.3!
on 20 February 2014
Great product, arrived very quickly and safely packed.

I’m using this RAM in my dinosaur Macbook Pro (Penryn, early 2008, 15”, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo). Though I’m working with desktop Macs on daily basis I want to keep this laptop running since I don’t have a tablet or any alternative portable device. I upgraded from the original 2Gb RAM and the laptop feels quite a bit faster - it’s certainly dealing with having more programs running simultaneously a lot better. Here’s a good youtube video for the upgrade itself - /watch?v=StM03gISS4Q

I guess the only downside is the price - I would have imagined that such outdated technology should be cheaper…
on 28 October 2013
Bought it for an old Pressario A900. Just whacked it in, loaded up a 64-bit copy of win7 & off it went - faster, cooler & definitely not strangled to 2GB as the advice would have it for this machine.