5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant uplifting, feel-good CD
Was having a 50th birthday bash and wanted some upbeat music to play as background music during the meal to help create a party atmosphere. This CD did not disappoint; took me back to the fab days of disco. After dinner we turned up the volume and had some impromptu disco dancing....even my 75 year old Dad!! Can't say better than that.
Published on 8 Jan 2012 by Fifty & Fab

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Seriously bad compilation! To be avoided.
Published on 6 Jun 2007 by Mr. D

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Seriously bad compilation! To be avoided., 6 Jun 2007
Mr. D "Mr. D" - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Best Disco In Town (Audio CD)
I bought this item and it is terrible. Irene Cara's "What A Feeling" is not even the original version, but a badly produced update! Amii Stewart's "Knock On Wood" has such bad distortion that it is unlistenable! Yarbrough & Peoples' "Don't Stop The Music" has been ridiculously sped up from the original slow funky groove to a more disco pitch which makes it sound very rushed. Ottawan's "D.I.S.C.O." has a mastering fault where you can hear a note from an unrelated track before the first beat. Rose Royce's "Car Wash" has so much hiss at the beginning that you'd swear you were actually at the car wash! Gary's Gang "Keep On Dancing" is neither the orginal 7" radio version or the full version, but instead the full version faded out in the middle! Some of the other tracks are faded out much earlier than the original radio versions (like they used to do on the old K-Tel records to cram in more tracks), so what would have been around 3 mins 45 on the original single becomes around 3 mins, which is very noticeable. All in all, this is the WORST compilation I have ever had the misfortune to listen to. There are so many better Disco compilations available on CD. Avoid this one!

Unless you want specific tracks here, I would point you in the direction of 100 Hits: Disco or Disco Fever, both of which are far superior to this collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disco heaven, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Best Disco In Town (Audio CD)
Fantastic music collection great for social get togethers and parties. Cd scratched on my favourite song unfortunately. Bought chesiding did not return

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant uplifting, feel-good CD, 8 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Disco, 28 Dec 2011
S. Lamb "Steve" (U.K) - See all my reviews
The bad reviews are just rubbish this is one the the best Disco Box Sets
ever - If you hit the clubs when these songs were about then you know
what I'm talking about Disco Heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take me back to the Disco now.............., 7 Jun 2007
This review is from: The Best Disco In Town (Audio CD)
I love this music. I have hundreds of vinyl records that my children thought were large cd's? so I already have the same music but not on disc, so to be able to take it everywhere with me is great. Mine and my husbands music collection is eclectic, I am a soul girl at heart and he was a Goth so you can see the difference. But when we have parties it all gets played with no complaints. When family and friends get together we put this music on and we are 17 again. Even all the kids think it is great. It is upbeat, happy and and you can be sure that if Oops upside your head or I will survive comes on everyone will be up and dancing. They are anthems for all of us. Boogie on down..........and ride the soul train...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a Boogie On Down, 14 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Best Disco In Town (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic compiliation that really gets you up dancing. I found the quality of the tracks very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Disco In Town, 28 April 2013
G. Harvey - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Disco In Town (Audio CD)
This is a great box set, it has a very good collection of tracks on all 3 discs, it brings back some great memories and really gets your toes tapping

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tracks put together on 3 CD's., 2 Jun 2010
Jeffery J. Forster (bristol, north somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Disco In Town (Audio CD)
Every track is full of nostalgic memories, with great song writers and singers covering the 70's (mainly) and 80's soul/dance/disco/UK Chart scene. In my opinion one of the best, 'Best of' albums, although there are a few others still available that do match this mix. Wonderful stuff from the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars 70's Disco, 17 May 2009
This review is from: The Best Disco In Town (Audio CD)
All the best 70's sounds. Brings it all flooding back, £1.50 to get in, a stamp on your hand, dance the night away and working out who you'd let walk you home. Impossible to be sad and listen to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Sep 2014
All good

The Best Disco In Town
The Best Disco In Town by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2007)