5.0 out of 5 stars A quality grower
This is a weird one. It's one of the albums which, when you listen to it for the first few times, doesn't exactly grab you, but somehow you know it's good, and further down the line you're gonna love it. I saw them do Teddy Picker and 505 on Later last night and found myself saying Blimey, these really are good songs." And so they are.

So, if this album doesn't...
Published on 5 May 2007 by R. Rutter

3.0 out of 5 stars MMMM, not sure
I think I might get slated for this but am I the only person who thinks the first album is a whole load better. Don't get me wrong musically it is tight, flawless infact. They have obviously come on leaps and bounds but something is missing. OLD YELLOW BRICKS, TEDDY PICKER and BALACLAVA are the exception to the rule. One thing I liked about the first album was the...
Published on 10 Dec. 2007 by Paddy

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 16 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 11 out of 12, 12 April 2007
11 of the 12 songs are great but I personally wouldn't call "Old Yellow Bricks" a great song even though it's my wife's second favourite behind "Do Me A Favour" so maybey it's 12 out of 12. My personal favourites are "Do Me A Favour", "This House Is A Circus", "Teddy Picker", "Only One Who Knows" and "The Bad Thing".

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 23 April 2007
Jr Teague "weag" (Warwick Uni) - See all my reviews
Just got the album today, and am already loving it! Immediately I tried to compare it to the monkeys debut album, thinking it wasn't as good, but then i listened to the tracks again with an open mind and it blew me away! Possibly not as good as their first, but its still growing and growing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Massive let down, 29 April 2007
Simon J. Wilson "Simon" (England) - See all my reviews
Righto, I loved the first album. However there seems to be little progression to this album, too many of the songs could have had lyrics from the other album placed over the top. Also outside of the first four songs, there's nothing on here that could be classed as quality. In fact the only two stand out tracks are Brianstorm and Balaclava. If a second album is wanted don't get this one, choose Maximo Park's instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album released this year., 11 Nov. 2007
Mr. S. Bartlett (Brockenhurst, England.) - See all my reviews
I've bought a lot of music this year, and the only other album on par is The Enemy's effort, "We'll Live And Die In These Towns", this is a wonderful truly 5 star album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great second album, 20 July 2007
C. Perren - See all my reviews
I did not find all the songs on this album instantly likable, where as I did with there first. It is obvious from 'favorite worst nightmare' lyrics that the band members have matured slightly. There is less shouting but still the same speedy singing that made the first album great. I think the album as a whole fits together really well and after about two listens to the whole thing you will probably like most of the tracks (assuming your an arctic monkeys fan).

5.0 out of 5 stars amazin, 15 Jun. 2007
Mr. J. A. Kirby "jake kirby" (stotfold, bedfordshire, england) - See all my reviews
this album was amazing only a few dissapointing song like only ones who know, but the rest were amazing the best being teddy picker, balaclava, flourescent adolescent and do me a favour

i think that this album is better than the last one but that is just my opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars They're Back .. With A Bang !!, 19 April 2007
First Of All , All The People That Gave This Album Bad Reviews At The Start Will Be Kicking Themselves Because When You Give This Album A Few PROPER Listens You Wont Have It Out Your CD Player ...

When I First Heard It I Thought Hmm Average But Then I Listened Again + Again And The Guitar,Drums,Alex's Sharp Lyrics Just Blew Me Away.

I Would Say They Have Adopted A Heavier Sound From "Whatever..." With Alot More Class Riffs Invloved And The Drummer Has Just Stepped Up a Few Gears On This Album Too. His Drummings Phenomenal.

I Read A Few Of The Reviews At The Start Saying "Brainstorm" was The Best On The Album, Simple - Its Because Theyve Heard It More Than The Rest Of The Songs On The Album. But Its Far From The Best.

The Obvious Crowd Pleasers Will Be "Do The Bad Thing""Flourescent Adolescent""Balaclava And Teddy Picker".All 12 Tracks Should Please Music Fans Let Alone Arctic Monkey Fans

Overall Im So Impressed With Them And It Is Almost 10x Better Than The "Whatever.." Album,Which Means 2 Absoloute Musical Masterpieces From The Arctic Monkeys Already !!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Clever Chaps wow the masses with old tricks., 27 April 2007
Mr. C. J. Waldron "mhsob" (UK & Australia) - See all my reviews
Yep, it certainly packs a punch but so much of this cd is a new turn on old pop writing tricks. There is certainly energy in the music but cleverly, the shortness of the tracks disguises the lack of innovation or originality anywhere here. Before you have a chance to work out just how bland and basic the tunes are, the next one comes along. The masses will love it in these days of "quick fix" culture. Unfortunately, there is nothing new or inspiring here from the most overhyped band I can remember. Still, for a group of lads with limited abilities, they certainly have made the most of it. A well crafted load of superficial nonsense from start to finish. There is so much better music out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Best band around at the moment, 28 April 2007
Loved the first album and this one is even better. Saw them in Birmingham, they are one of the few bands who sound better live than on the CD's. The drummer is amazing. They are not overhyped they are just flippin' good!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLANT, 21 April 2007
ill admit, i wasn't really into this cd when i first heard it but now after a few listens...its prolly my favorite release this year so far. this house is a circus, balaclava and do me a favour are my favorites but there really isn't a bad track on the cd. only ones who know is a pretty dece song but im not sure how well it fits on this cd.

arctic monkeys are easily the best band to come out in the past 5 years.

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 16 | Next ›

Favourite Worst Nightmare
Favourite Worst Nightmare by Arctic Monkeys (Audio CD - 2007)