5.0 out of 5 stars Natural Living Ladder for hamster
Published on 17 May 2012 by Mr. D. V. Hatfield

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived broken
This item could not be more cheaply or worse made. It arrived broken and I messaged the seller and had no response or anything. Guess I just have to deal with it. Crap product and crap service.
Published on 3 May 2012 by Ponky

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural Living Ladder for hamster, 17 May 2012
Mr. D. V. Hatfield (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suspension Bridge Wooden Hamster Gerbil Cage Pet Ladder (Misc.)
An excellent and versatile product, and a good alternative to tubes if your hamster has trouble crawling through the tubes as mine does not he is a bit older. The ladder can be molded into different shapes. You could even mould it into an enclosure. Initially my dwarf hamster was cautious at first, but now will run up and down it with no hesitation. If you use it as a ladder then you will need to make sure it is not too steep for the hamster, especially a dwarf hamster. The ladder is well made from natural wood joined together, with a square platform at the top and bottom. This product is probably better in a larger enclosure to get the best from it as it is quite long and you do not want to make it too steep for your hamster.

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived broken, 3 May 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and flexible, 12 May 2011
Natural look and feel. Not as wide as I imagined it would be but quite long. We have a huge cage for our rats and this fits nicely across (and not even straightened to the full length). We make steps and bridges and all sorts of other things out of it, rats use it a lot. The only small complaint - the hooks at the ends are small and look a bit flimsy. Get unhooked sometimes and I won't be surprised if they come off at some point

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ladders ever!, 2 Jan. 2012
We have a pretty big tank for our gerbils, so these extra long ladders are fantastic - We took the metal hooks off and anchored one end with a rock and the other end we just rest it up against the tank wall. Another ladder we positioned one end on top of a house made by the same company and the other end rests on a tile shelf we glued to the tank wall. Our gerbils are full sized and the ladders are very stable - they spend a lot of their time on these ladders getting around their environment, and they like these much better than the bird-type ladders we had before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must - have item for adding interest to gerbilarium, 21 Mar. 2013
I am so pleased I bought this; there seems to be so many such exciting items to choose from!
It is sturdy, solid, and spans the length of my average sized gerbilarium, stretching from side to side with attached hooks.
They enjoy walking along and it gives access to the water bottle, as well as adding height levels to the cage. Also malleable, you can bend it like steps or even arch it. Will last a long time as made of solid wood and hard to nibble.

5.0 out of 5 stars my babys like it, 15 Dec. 2011
I used this for my degus cage and they love it running along it and climbing up it and most of all first thing they always do try to eat it lol :) great toy and great price

5.0 out of 5 stars Most of our mouse toys in the US are made of plastic, so I order wooden items from the UK., 1 Feb. 2014
Most of our mouse toys in the US are made of plastic, so I order wooden items from the UK. Bridge is awesome, bendable, and my mousy uses it everyday. It got here quickly, and it is the focal point of the habitat.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay product, 13 Mar. 2010
P. J. Dunning - See all my reviews
An okay product but you have to be careful.

I bought 2 of these, 1 for my syrian hamster and the other for my 3 gerbils.

My hamster got a bit scared when 'climbing' up this ladder because it is so high (its really long)
But my gerbils love it.

Overall great buy and i would recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars -, 12 Dec. 2011
My hamster's love this bridge, they love to gnaw on it, and hide under it when i'm cleaning their cages out.
Although it's bigger than what i was expecting, but it just about fits into the cages, so aslong as they use it and are happy with it being there, i'm fine with it! :)

It's well put together, easy to put on the cage. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Our gerbils love this, 31 July 2013
We bought this bridge with the intention of using it as a ladder for our two gerbils to get in and out of their cage and run around the lounge and it works well. They have also now discovered that they can chew on it and are enjoying that too.

A couple of useful points that aren't really in the item description:
The ladder is really long - it would be much too long for us to use inside their cage but as a ladder down to the ground it is perfect
It is connected together with wire so you can manipulate it into whatever shape you want. This again is perfect for us but of you wanted it to hang down and be flexible this is not the product for you.

The only slight negative is that the metal loops at the ends for attaching it to the cage are a bit flimsy but they are holding for now and would be easy to replace if and when it becomes necessary.