4.0 out of 5 stars Not as pretty as in the picture
We bough these for baby we thought maracas would have more longevity than a rattle as they could be used for years to come without seeming babyish.

Published on 22 April 2013 by Mr. J. A. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing.
If, like me, you are viewing this item thinking, excellent I can do away with 2,3 or more timers replacing them with one neat power board. Think again, ONLY 1 SOCKET IS UTILISED BY THE TIMER. The rest operate just like a normal power board, that is, on all the time.
Published on 2 Dec. 2011 by CW

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing., 2 Dec. 2011
Now this would be fine if it was stated somewhere in the item description, or in the items instructions. It doesnt. Had I known this I would not have bought the product, as it is, I feel ripped off and mislead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, 5 Dec. 2011
Like the previous purchaser I thought that the sockets were all on the timer and bought 2 under this view. The description of the item does not say they are not. VERY MISLEADING. BEWARE

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as pretty as in the picture, 22 April 2013
Mr. J. A. Smith "thetoot" (Blackwell) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys BJ195 Snazzy Maracas (One Pair - Designs Vary) (Toy)

They are quite light to hold for little hands and make a satisfying rattle, they seem sturdy and well made. My only gripe is that the ones we were sent are a darker blue, with smaller spots than on the photo so they aren't quite so pretty.

However this doesn't affect their functionality - baby loves daddy singing songs and shaking them, and can give a good rattle herself. They do suggest 36 months plus but as baby is always supervised we do not see this as a problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great as an aquarium tidy, 19 Jun. 2013
Been looking for something like this for a while. Slightly thicker than a standard four-gang plug, but much slimmer than using a traditional plug-in timer. Yes, only one socket is controlled by the timer, but it's relatively easy to set up, the battery backup is very handy, and it makes the jungle of wires a fair bit tidier. Plenty of timer functions; ten programmes, a countdown and random patterns, plus manual override. Initially thought it was broken, but seems it just takes a little time to 'boot-up'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Maracas, 7 Aug. 2009
Ms. Lisa Horton "vocal coach" (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
These Maracas are beautiful - kids love them, they are nice to play- don't have a horrid shaker sound!! Look great, and the paint doesn't chip easily!! Love them!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsuitable for HPS lights!, 11 Aug. 2012
Adam Colley (York, UK) - See all my reviews
Despite what previous reviewer said, this timer is unsuitable for HPS lights...

This timer seemed fine for the first 8 weeks

Then I arrive back home at 11pm today and find the lights that should have gone off at 8pm, well, hadn't -.-

Was 1200W (2x600W HPS), 5A inductive load

If you must use this timer for such lights you should get a relay box that can deal with the load and just use this to switch it.

4.0 out of 5 stars great toy but pic misleading, 27 Nov. 2007
I bought these maracas for my little boy and like them a lot, they are very well made and painted. However, the photo is misleading in that you get just one pair and no choice is offered you as to colours. I'm just glad I got the yellow ones and not the pink!

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have preferred a choice of colours, 8 July 2010
The product itself is great. However, I have bought one for a friends son's birthday and hoped that I would be able to have the other pair I ordered for my Son, but alas, there was no choice and the others were pink.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very small, 30 Dec. 2013
Have had to order a large pair to do Mirands DVD These are for a baby not an adult and they do not shake very well

4.0 out of 5 stars This was a good buy, 25 Feb. 2014
I'm very glad I read the previous product reviews. They pointed out that only one outlet was controlled by the electronic timer. This information was not completely clear or obvious form the advert. However, I adapted what I needed it do.
It is important that any new buyer finds the starting up info on the instructions (this is not at the top) as the internal battery needs to be charged before it can start working.
On the whole this is a good product - I am pleased with it