on 4 March 2011
This Draper Aluminum case is Brilliant, just right for me to use as a camera case,It has padded dividers and can be locked, it is a well made solid case,with a nice comfortable grip, handle and four knobs on the bottom, to leave it standing , I am more than happy with this Case as it was a lot cheaper here, than I could get it any where else, it was delivered in fantastic time, only 2 days from the UK to Eire, and it had a tracking number ,so that's great for ease of mind, Brilliant, I would recommend it to any one looking for a Aluminum Camera Case,
on 27 August 2010
This is a typical aluminium flight-case or tool case, often used to carry precision tools, camera equipment etc. I use mine to carry audio equipment, such as microphones and small monitor speakers.

They are a pretty standard size and handily fit the exact width of a hi-fi unit like a CD or MiniDisc recorder.

I've bought some in the past that came filled with foam in blocks that you could customise to fit the equipment you want to carry, but since these particular cases are intended for 'tools' they come instead just with foam coated dividing pieces and a lid-mounted board with vinyl pockets for storing tools.

The dividers come set up as in the illustration, but can be moved around by slotting the various pieces into grooves in the foam coated interior of the case or into each other, but they don't seem to be cut with much precision and it's difficult to get them straight, although they do serve their purpose.

I didn't want the rather cheap looking tool 'board' in the lid, so I removed it by unlatching it and lifting it out. However, there are two plastic 'tongues' that hold it in place at the bottom and since I wanted to use the case to store and transport equipment that completely fills the space inside, I had to hacksaw those off so I can close the lid without them fouling the contents.

Having done that, I have completely what I wanted. The 'toolbox' description really doesn't do justice to their versatility as they are useful for many things. The latches on the case are lockable and come with a pair of keys, so you can make the contents at least superficially secure if you need to.

I chose this particular brand because of all the ones featured on Amazon, these had the slightly larger quoted dimensions and a low price, but actually I reckon they are all pretty much the same as one another. They are well made and rugged so you can look professional when carting stuff about.

What more could you ask for?
on 7 October 2010
It's a good case for the price didnt expect a huge amount from it however, better than what i expected. It is built reasonabley well and the pallet is very usefull. The only thing that lets it down is the dividers which when the case is moved have a tendancy to come out an let everything get mixed up again.
on 30 April 2012
and as such has a plastic aluminium effect covering, which will tear. The description is therefore misleading. See the Draper site for the correct description.
on 25 November 2013
Would definitely given this the full 5 stars if it wasn't for the fact that the one that arrived.... Had clearly been out of its original packaging and had finger marks/ prints all over it.. Wondering if it was maybe a display model that they'd sent me..as the box "draper" cardboard sleeve box was damaged too.
It s a good sturdy aluminium box with a nice sized slip out card preformed to accept a number of different tools. It's internally adjustable slats give a multitude of different options for sizing compartments to fit your personal tools. Just a shame the sent me the display one.... I'd still recommend it despite the gripes I've given
on 16 January 2014
Well , this box is very sturdy in make, and holds plenty of room to hold
My 600d , and several small to medium lenses, filters, leads etc .
The interior is sturdy, and can easily be re-adapted to configure to personal usage.
Holds 2 keys, and a decent lock.
on 11 August 2012
excellent buy am really happy with it. Has made a huge difference to my work, Tools are easily available and tidy.
Price was amazing compared to similar products and delivery time impressive.
on 3 March 2012
The case is fine, sturdy etc. In the picture there is keys, and there's locks on this case but no sign of the keys for it! I looked everywhere I could in the boxes.
on 4 May 2012
It arrived yesterday (3-May-2012) but with one small breakage. One of the plastic clips that support the door tray had broken in transit, I assume. And the only repair, provided I find something suitable to use as a clip, will be to drill out one of the hinge rivets and replace with a small screw and nut. Maybe in future you could put some packaging inside the case to support the door trim?
on 30 June 2014
This case has a professional appearance to it and even comes with a key so I can have my privacy. The box is a decent size and inside the compartments are adjustable. I can take the top part of or make the bottom parts larger or smaller to hold my equipment. However the case may seem flimsy so be careful. This product is worth buying for any type of equipment storage.

See one answered question