5.0 out of 5 stars Folding Shovel
I bought this to put in the car following recent snow problems. Used in once to get me out of a problem whilst all around looked on in envy. Great tool for the locker. This is one I will not lend out to friends or family.
Published on 10 Feb. 2010 by Mr. RD Everist

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not exactly what I expected
I wanted to buy the Draper Folding Boot Shovel for my brother since he is a new driver and the winter weather is almost upon us. I bought one last year and found it great in the winter weather of 2010/11.
When I received this item it was quite similar to the item highlighted but not identical. It was a folding shovel but was not of the Draper brand.
There was no...
Published on 7 Nov. 2011 by EZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Folding Shovel, 10 Feb. 2010
Mr. RD Everist (Bedfordshire UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Ian, 5 Feb. 2010
Mr. I. Schofield (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
I got this shovel during a really bad spell of winter weather as I wanted to carry it in the back of my car. As the boot of my car is relatively small ( a Mini ) it is ideal. I have not used it yet to clear a lot of snow but I have used it on a small area. The design is very good as the folding mechanism is straightforward.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 30 Dec. 2009
B. Cullinan (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
Bought this shovel for my husband to have as an emergency shovel when away camping. It has been used once and did the job perfectly so will be staying in our camper for future use. A great little piece of essential camping kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars compact and useful, 4 Nov. 2010
Ms. F. C. Ross "fionaofnz" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
bought one to keep in the car, especially in winter. Used it several times last winter, but mostly at home, as, after the first heavy snowfall, I had to dig out the garden shed to get the big shovel!
It was also useful to remove snow from bushes and trees, where the big shovel was very unwieldy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Folding Shovel, 4 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
Its well built so its not going to break the first time you use it, in fact it will last for years, quick-ish to fold, and very compact, but quite heavy being made completly of steel and could also do with being a bit longer, but works well. overall a good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for snow emergencies, 20 Feb. 2014
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
Have to be honest, I have had this for about a year, but only had to use it on 3 occasions and they were all to dig snow away from car tyres last year. On one of those occasions the snow had frozen to ice and I had to hammer away at it. The shovel took a bit of a pounding on that occasion, but seemed to be fine afterward. Whilst it was good when the car got stuck in a snow rut at work, it isn't something you are going to be able to dig your car out with as it is very short and I am talking about getting on your hands and knees to dig!

It folds up nicely and takes up minimal space in the boot. the locking collar does the job of holding the shovel ridged, but if you are overzealous with tightening it may be a bit of a difficulty undoing it when your hands are freezing.

Only thing I would have liked to have seen on this is perhaps some insulated padding on the handles - something like neoprene. Other than that it is a pretty handy tool to have tucked away in the car for emergencies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Summer and Winter, 12 Jun. 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
With the summer season fast approaching, I do find this shovel ideal for use on sandy beaches. It occupies minimal space, and comes in a travel pouch.

Yet the uses are not limited to summer use only. It is a great tool to have in the car, as many other reviewers have noted. Great for clearing snow.

I have also used it for metal detecting, yet unless the soil is soft there is a risk of damaging the shovel.

The powder coating has done it's job and no signs of corrosion yet. However I do rinse the shovel after using it on the beach.

A truly all year rounder, and not only for emergencies....

Highly recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not exactly what I expected, 7 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
There was no mention on any of the documentation that it was a substitute product - I didn't really mind; but it should have been acknowledged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compact. Hopefully not too much so., 11 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
Received promptly and well packed. Good price....sold as 'Used - Like new' but was simply resealed with sellotape so had probably been returned. The only reason I can see that someone might return it would be that it is quite small. To be honest it would clear built up snow from the wheels and would chip ice away in order to get you going....but it won't shift a large build up of snow in a hurry. Carry a full size shovel as well if you know you're likely to encounter real snow build up.

Nicely made product - quite light but strong enough and worth having in my opinion.

Recommended.

EDIT. Second snow shovel received in post today for my wife's car. Described as " Used - As new" and literally just like you'd expect a new one to be. Very pleased. At this price you can't go wrong.

Recommended.

Have also bought "Personal Hazard Lights"... bright emergency 16 LED lights (also known as LED Flares) in case of break down...and Foil Blankets to keep in the car... and the 3 ton tow ropes...in case of getting stuck in the ice or snow.....the latter two from Amazon and both fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spade-u-like on the move., 26 April 2011
M. Montgomery (EK, Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
Arrived quickly. Nice neat size when folded. Folds and becomes rigid easily. Seems to be really sturdy so far too. Used it a couple of times. Cut through our heavy, soggy soil with ease. Just wanted to test it out before using it when we go camping. Not really a replacement for the normal spade you keep in the garage or hut, the smaller blade would be frustrating for anything large scale, but great for mobile shovelling.

Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel