5.0 out of 5 stars Folding Shovel
I bought this to put in the car following recent snow problems. Used in once to get me out of a problem whilst all around looked on in envy. Great tool for the locker. This is one I will not lend out to friends or family.
Published on 10 Feb. 2010 by Mr. RD Everist

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not exactly what I expected
I wanted to buy the Draper Folding Boot Shovel for my brother since he is a new driver and the winter weather is almost upon us. I bought one last year and found it great in the winter weather of 2010/11.
When I received this item it was quite similar to the item highlighted but not identical. It was a folding shovel but was not of the Draper brand.
There was no...
Published on 7 Nov. 2011 by EZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Folding Shovel, 10 Feb. 2010
Mr. RD Everist (Bedfordshire UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars compact and useful, 4 Nov. 2010
Ms. F. C. Ross "fionaofnz" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
bought one to keep in the car, especially in winter. Used it several times last winter, but mostly at home, as, after the first heavy snowfall, I had to dig out the garden shed to get the big shovel!
It was also useful to remove snow from bushes and trees, where the big shovel was very unwieldy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Folding Shovel, 4 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
Its well built so its not going to break the first time you use it, in fact it will last for years, quick-ish to fold, and very compact, but quite heavy being made completly of steel and could also do with being a bit longer, but works well. overall a good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not exactly what I expected, 7 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
There was no mention on any of the documentation that it was a substitute product - I didn't really mind; but it should have been acknowledged.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly versatile shovel, 12 Jun. 2014
Antoine Camilleri (Malta) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
This folding boot shovel occupies minimal space and comes in a very handy travel pouch. It is mainly marketed for automotive use yet it never snows here in Malta. However I find it indispensable for many other tasks and hobbies.

With the summer season fast approaching, this shovel ideal for use on sandy beaches. Great for cleaning up when camping and the kids love it for building sandcastles and getting creative.

I have also used it on my pursuit to become a millionaire: metal detecting :) It does a great job at digging through sand and damp soil.

Many reviewers speak highly about this shovel for clearing snow. I will definitely take it with me it on my next overland journey.

The powder coating has done it's job and no signs of corrosion yet. I do rinse the shovel after using it on the beach.

A truly all year rounder, and not only for emergencies....

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Spade-u-like on the move., 26 April 2011
M. Montgomery (EK, Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
Arrived quickly. Nice neat size when folded. Folds and becomes rigid easily. Seems to be really sturdy so far too. Used it a couple of times. Cut through our heavy, soggy soil with ease. Just wanted to test it out before using it when we go camping. Not really a replacement for the normal spade you keep in the garage or hut, the smaller blade would be frustrating for anything large scale, but great for mobile shovelling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ian, 5 Feb. 2010
Mr. I. Schofield (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
I got this shovel during a really bad spell of winter weather as I wanted to carry it in the back of my car. As the boot of my car is relatively small ( a Mini ) it is ideal. I have not used it yet to clear a lot of snow but I have used it on a small area. The design is very good as the folding mechanism is straightforward.

1.0 out of 5 stars useless, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
terrible.... i got this item to take metal detecting, I had taken it out only twice before the item quite literally fell to pieces, i was not happy as i had only dug around 10- 15 holes all together all in soft wet mud and digging a maximum of 6 inches deep and the rivets on the item holding the spade head on popped and the lock-in device' thread broke so i could no longer take item apart. wouldnt waste the money but would recommend the 'draper fibre glass spade,' its a little bit mre expensive but worth the money.

hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars A must tool in winter for every car, 26 Nov. 2013
Champak "Hundalz" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
Not wanting to spend another winter stuck in snow, I went for this folding shovel. It is best car tool I have ever bought, it is well built, folds nicely and easily and easily stored in cover supplied. I purchased at lower price of £ 8.50 and it is absolute bargain at that price . Delivery as usual was prompt and even though I haven't needed to use it yet but I feel much more relaxed and happy that I have some excellent tool in my car just in case I get stuck in snow again...

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential., 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel (Automotive)
Great item in case of emergency, easy fold and takes up very little space, I've used it for stones, sand and snow. Every car should have one.

Draper 89768 Folding Steel Boot Shovel