5.0 out of 5 stars Draper Drain Cleaner
Excellent tool. Negotiated two 90 deg bends, with a little bit of wiggling, in the washing machine 40mm drain pipe . Managed to clear the blockage with only a little bit of effort!
Published on 17 Oct 2010 by Rob

1.0 out of 5 stars UNABLE to save the day!!!
Unfortunately, I would have to agree with Paul99. The threading on the tightening screw went after a few attempts at using this.

Published 24 months ago by Mummy of Three

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper Drain Cleaner, 17 Oct 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me, 14 May 2012
Sanjeev Gupta "Bookworm and Geek!" (Kingston upon Thames, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner (DIY & Tools)
I bought this to clear a blockage in the wasted pipe from the washing machine which then joins the waste from the dishwasher and then goes outside. We have had to call plumbers in twice to clear this in the past so I thought it would be a good investment. (and yes we do plan to replace the kitchen in a year or so given the dodgy pipework!)

I have to say it was easy enough to use - although did need a bit of brute force to get round the bends. It did indeed shift the blockage as promised and is now sat waiting just in case we have a similar issue again.

Instructions are clear to use and I can see this being a useful bit of kit for years to come.

If you know you have a blocked pipe and roughly where the blockage is, then this should clear it for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner (DIY & Tools)
I have been battling to unblock my kitchen sink for days. The drain cleaner arrived and within 5 minutes of receiving I found the blockage and removed it and reconnected everything and it was so easy. Fantastic item. I am so glad I have this now.

1.0 out of 5 stars UNABLE to save the day!!!, 24 Sep 2012
This review is from: Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner (DIY & Tools)

I bought this at Robert Dyas for around 14 on sale as it was an emergency and we needed it immediately - our kitchen sink was clogged because of the garbage waste disposal. After reading all the positive reviews, I thought this would save us a visit from a plumber. Unfortunately, the draper only ended up pushing the clog a bit further down as it started to coil in on (maybe why this is why the threading went??) itself so it didn't actually go down much further then the block. The plumber (who we ended up paying 90 on a Sunday) explained this to us and said that this was a common problem with these devices.

Obviously, I was gutted as we need to hire a plumber, but he was able to remove our clog in about 5 mins with his powered machine. However, because we were mucking around we ended up flooding our dishwasher, which as a result stopped working!

Needless to say I was disappointed in our DIY experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner (DIY & Tools)
I ordered this product because the near horizontal drainpipe outside my 2nd floor kitchen had become mostly blocked and had started causing problems when the washing machine emptied as it could not drain fast enough. The drainage pipes are all difficult to get to and do not have convenient joints inside the kitchen that could be undone for cleaning.

I was almost resigned to getting a plumber in when I spotted this product on Amazon, so I decided to give it a go. I had to insert it via the vertical drainpipe for the dishwasher waste water as this was the closest access point to the blockage outside. It took a little persuasion, but eventually the spring had worked its way round a u-bend and two 90 degree bends and before I knew it, was rattling along the drainpipe outside my kitchen window. I rotated it as per the instructions whenever I reached a blockage and within about 10 minutes the drain was clear. The water now drains faster than I've ever seen before.

It did get stuck as I pulled it out, somewhere around the right angle bends and the u-bend, but I pushed it back in and tried again and it was fine. I'd also flushed quite a lot of water down the drain while it was still in place, and this seemed to clean it a bit before it came back out.

Definitely worth having.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner (DIY & Tools)
The tightening screw came out and I was unable to get it back in again. Very poor quality. I would not recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner (DIY & Tools)
I bought this drain cleaner after reading the reviews and was not disappointed. I used it for my toilet after trying chemicals, pump the whole lot, but 5 minutes with this cleaner and the problem was gone and still no problems after a week.
The product itself is well put together, simple and strong yet flexible. For the price I saved 100 plus on a plumber call out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple even for the novice, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner (DIY & Tools)
I am by no means much of a DIY person, but even I found this product easy to use & cleared a slow moving drain with ease. Instructions are simple & product worth it, though you need to be able to have acccess to the actual waste pipe (i.e. not sure about feeding it down the sink drain as might get caught in the trap. Solidly made product

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 24 Jun 2011
This review is from: Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner (DIY & Tools)
good product easy to use it just wasn't long enough for my blockage. this is pretty much the same equipment dynorod use and its about 80 cheaper than them - recommended!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner (DIY & Tools)
does what it says on the tin,,,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›