VINE VOICEon 21 July 2007
As the first live action outing for the Transfomers is about to hit our cinema screens a plethora of merchandise has hit the market - including this excellent soundtrack to the original movie from 1986.
Okay, it's a typical rock and roll collection of tracks and sounds a little dated now but that doesn't detract in any way from it being a great CD.
The vocal tracks are good with two brilliant compositions from Stan Bush (Dare and The Touch) which are used in the battle between Megatron and Optimus and also between their sucessors at the end, Galvatron and Rodimus.
Other groups include Spectre General and NRG which give a more 'heavy rock metal' feel to the album, scoring tracks that were used primarily when the Decepticons were attacking anything. The cover of the Transformers theme by Lion is also well worth a listen.
There's even a bizarre track from Weird Al Yankovic but it fits perfectly with the rather unusual nature of the Junkions!
The scores by Vince DiCola are bombastic and dramatic, sweeping the listener along and his music for the death of Optimus Prime is touching.
Don't let the age of the film dissade you in any way, this soundtrack is fantastic and a must have for any collection.
on 26 June 2007
This is the orginal OST from the 1986 movie. 2 stand out tracks from Stan Bush - "The Touch" and "Dare". Vince Dicola also does 3 wonderful instrumentals, "death of optimus prime" and "escape" being particulary good. Lions version of the theme tune is great.

The entire album is extremely dated and VERY 80's but hey, thats why you are buying it isnt it?

The added tracks are taken from the "til all are one" very rare OST. I must admit that the alternative them tune by Stan Bush is nothing short of awful. But they are bonus tracks after all.
on 21 July 2007
i have the original soundtrack but adding this enhanced one to my collection is a bonus considering it beats the pants off the latest soundtrack that has come out with the new movie and thats all i have to say. five stars for this one!
on 18 August 2009
Got this just in time for a nice long drive over the weekend - sang "The Touch", "Dare" etc. at the top of my lungs all the way there and all the way back ;)
My brother obviously called me a nerd when I told him I had it but almost cried when we couldn't get his bluetooth to work well enough for me to send him my MP3 version of "The Touch" to set as his ringtone. We're all a bunch of nerdy kids when it comes to this soundtrack surely.
This soundtrack has the magical ability to make me 7 again and I've watched the video and listened to the crumbly old tape so much over the years that I know every word to every song - lovin' it now I can listen to it on CD in the car too. No Mr. Clarkson, you're quite wrong - THIS is the best driving album in the world ever :D
on 21 June 2013
Great stuff. Stan Bush's two songs 'Dare' and 'The Touch' are worth the cost alone. But the hidden gems here are Vince Dicola's thrilling scenes background music e.g Autobot/Decepticon Battle, which are great to listen to if you're in a gymn or something similar, its just frantic and exciting to listen to. The hard/glam/cock rock songs typical are great as well. Even the Theme song is great and tempts you to sing along to the 'TRANSFORMERS' Chorus...best to do that behind closed doors. A blast and a very enjoyable trip down memory lane.
on 9 December 2013
Personally I think this cd is great. I loved every track on it, and love the cover art. If you're a fan of the old transformers movie, then I'm sure you'll like this, or if you like collecting transformers merchandise then this would be a good addition to any collection.
This has four tracks that the nineties version of this disc didn't. Some people didn't like the alternate transformers theme by vince dicola, but I think it was good.
on 22 February 2009
I have this on vinal but no deck any more, I played this and was taken right back to my childhood. It's strange how you can remember song lyrics from about 20 years ago and not what you had for dinner the day before!A very worthwhile purchace it arrived in great condition and early, what more could you ask for?!
on 11 March 2010
A great soundtrack CD from a classic movie. This CD not only has the classic rock tracks of the film itself. But also the added scores by Vince DeCola - scores that truly transport you whenever you listen.

This CD will forever be a gem in my collection.
on 20 February 2012
This is just epic! If you have fond memories of the original (and the best) transformers movie then you're going to love this - the tunes are so..80s! It's brilliant! Everyone will sing along even if they don't know the film! Awesome gym music!
on 21 August 2007
I loved the film and wore out the video, the music always gave me goosebumps so to get the CD was fantastic.
I love this CD. I had the original disc until my dog ate it (really) but this is well worth a listen to for the extra tracks (though not too fussed on the reworking of the main theme).
I give it 5 stars as not only is it a great CD but it brings back so many happy memories - buy and enjoy.