5.0 out of 5 stars Great for walking
Published on 12 Jan. 2012 by G Brown

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars good quality
I loved these but have great trouble as they are too long. (I never saw options on length). It would have helped to have a tie around the ankle to keep them from hanging past shoes.
Published on 10 Jun. 2012 by M. Shaw

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for walking, 12 Jan. 2012
After I got a pair of these trousers for my birthday, I was so pleased I bought a pair for my partner. We both do a lot of walking on north Dartmoor - those who know Dartmoor will appreciate how wet it can get here. We both had cheaper thinner overtrousers which really didn't keep out the wet. These Berghaus ones are a much better fit and work very well. Both male and female ones seem well cut and are not at all 'baggy-looking'. They have an elasticated waistband with an adjustment toggle and the sides of the legs have zips coming 3/4 of the way up. This makes getting them on and off quite easy though muddy boots could still get the inside of the top dirty. Stud fasteners close over the zips, keeping the rain out. They are snug fitting around the ankle which helps keep water out of walking shoes and maintains a nice neat appearance.

The material is strong but surprisingly light and comfortable. In fact walking in them feels free and comfortable unlike some other overtrousers which either feel heavy or rub and make lots of noise. The knees are reinforced but we didn't find this restricted movement in any way. They are supposed to be breathable to avoid condensation inside. After several hours strenuous walking in driving rain there was just a slight hint of dampness inside when taking them off, perfectly acceptable to us.

There are no pockets so getting into under-trouser pockets involves reaching down inside the waistband or unzipping the legs at the top end, not a great problem.

I did some kneeling on very wet ground while taking photographs and my knees stayed dry.

They are easily sponged off if muddy and dried quickly enough. They can be machine washed and care instructions are clear on the label.

We're both delighted with them and would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars waterproof overtrousers, 17 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Deluge Overtrousers (Sports Apparel)
I wore these overtrousers a full day of rain, sleet & snow and I stayed dry. They are very easy to put on and take off over trainers or shoes due to the complete leg- zips. The popper-buttons on the outer flap over the zip, seal the legs nicely. My only moan is that there are no pockets, a necessity nowadays and with my outdoor job. Very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size 16 perfect for size 14, 20 July 2012
Glad I ordered size 16 for my size 14.
It is a perfect fit and is efficient.
I imagine that if you order your exact size, this garment might prove a bit tight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Ladies Overtrousers, 2 Nov. 2009
Z. Jackson "Keen walker" (North West) - See all my reviews
The garment is well designed, easy to get on and off, even whilst wearing boots, and most effective in heavy rain. I only wish I had bought them years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 26 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Deluge Overtrousers (Sports Apparel)
These waterproof trousers are absolutely fab and well worth the money. A good make and good quality and hardly had them off since purchasing them. Recommended to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent waterproof trousers, 27 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Deluge Overtrousers (Sports Apparel)
These waterproofs are very good quality and so easy to put on over boots as side zips undo 3/4 way up outside leg.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves them, 27 Feb. 2014
Quick delivery for a good product. Wife is 5 ft 5" and they fit her nicely, slightly on the long side, but that is no bad thing. Main thing is they have kept her both warm and dry in the recent nasty weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Women's Deluge Waterproof Protective Overtrousers - Black, Size 16, 10 Dec. 2011
CTE THOMPSON "jazzhappy" (Rugeley, Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
These trousers replaced a cheaper, much heavier pair and I was very pleased. We walked through wet and muddy weather on a three-day walking holiday around Pendle Hill in Lancashire, very windy at times, but the trousers kept me dry and stopped the wind getting through.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been delighted with this purchase, 9 Sept. 2014
I have been delighted with this purchase. An extremely wet and misty ten days in Wales really tested how good these trousers were and they passed with flying colours. I'd recommend these highly. The side zips make it easy to take on and off without removing walking boots.
I would recommend buying a size above your normal size as they are snug over jeans/walking trousers and a tad on the small side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trousers, 21 April 2014
N. Tanner (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these for work and wore them in torrential rain in Cornwall and stayed dry all day. Excellent. If you want to wear them over jeans I would go up a size for comfort.