5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit at the discounted price
Published on 14 Jan 2010 by DGNB

2.0 out of 5 stars Review
Item would not fold as intended and therefore was not satisfactory. Item was replaced immediatly by Amazon and the replacement is OK. Amazon excellent as always.
Published on 10 Jan 2012 by DavidE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit at the discounted price, 14 Jan 2010
This review is from: Leatherman Blast Multi-Tool with Leather Pouch (discontinued by manufacturer) (DIY & Tools)
I bought this utility tool as it was at a discount price at the request of my son who is in the British Armed Forces. When I served I had a Super Leatherman (SL) on my belt for years and it never let me down. I still have it to this day and I use it for odd jobs. Unfortunately the SL costs an arm and a leg these days and so I went for this knife which is a is a smaller version of the SL but does have more updated features. I did like the shaped grip but would have preferred it to be in a nylon pouch and not a leather case but that would have been almost 20 pounds more. Don't be tempted to get a cheap branded copy or go for a Garber or a lower grade multi took. If you do get the Leatherman brand they last, in addition if there is a fault that is not from misuse then Leatherman will replace the tool. It came with a 25 year warranty and I think that demonstrates the manufacturers committment to producing a quality product.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 12 Jan 2010
A. Morrison (waterlooville Hants uk) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my father and i found it to be a good quality product. Excellent value for money as it came with its own leather pouch which can be attached to a belt if needs be. My husband bought a more expensive version (the blue one that comes in a tin) but it had less tools and no pouch. I would recommend this item - and will be buying one for my husband!

5.0 out of 5 stars Leatherman Blast, 20 Jun 2009
A. M. Potter "Max Potter" (Oxfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
I have had a Leatherman for many years (when there was only one model) but it fell into the compost shredder recently and I had to buy another one, and the new one is so much better with an effective locking mechanism and a useful pair of scissors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leatherman (Blast) Multi-tool, 15 Dec 2010
Bought this multi-tool for my brother -in-law for Christmas. It was a great deal compared to RRP and arrived prompt as usual. The item itself is excellent, apparently it was designed around what people had voted the most used and useful tool attatchments. The feel and quality of the multi-tool is also of the highest standard, which you would expect from leatherman, i've had one for 20 years but not as good as this one, if i thought i could get away with it i would give him my old one for christmas......

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy husband, 13 Jan 2010
I bought this as a present for a not-very-practical boyfriend in the hope of generating a bit of DIY enthusiasm in him... and it worked. He loves it. Any time there's a stuck lid or a stone in a shoe, he's there! Excellent product and great little case too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - if you've not got one, get one, 9 Oct 2011
Sophie Embleton (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
I've bought it for my husband for his birthday, I did loads and loads of research on not only the different brands but the different product ranges within the brands. There really is some fab looking stuff out there, but when you filter down realistically 'What do I want to do with it' it becomes clearer to the multitools which are most appropriate. This one is used around the house for those little jobs you end up putting off because normally you needed to go get the toolbox from the garage eg tightening up door handles. It's great for camping too, and generally being away from home. When they say the knife is sharp - it is shockingly sharp double corrugated cardboard box was cut through like butter. Handy, compact, functional, easy to use and operate, great price. Also it was supplied really quickly. Very very pleased..... and so is the hubby.

2.0 out of 5 stars Review, 10 Jan 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 16 Dec 2011
I bought this for my grandson who belongs to the sea scouts, he was very excited when he opened the present. It was given it for his birthday on 8 December. He used it for the first time this week only to find it has broken, one of the pieces shot out and hit him in the face when opening it and the other piece being the knife has broken off. I am sending it back to the seller with a letter to Leatherman to say that I was recommended this knife as being the top in its field, needless to say I am very unimpressed and I have a very upset grandson. Would not recommended it and am very disappointed.Leatherman Blast Multi-Tool with Leather Pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars Come the apocalypse...., 23 Jan 2012
Everyone should have one of these.

Every handy tool on one beautifully crafted, lightweight, small tool.

The modern Swiss army knife. Really are the ultimate range of multi tools.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and useful., 3 Oct 2011
E. HELY (U.K.) - See all my reviews
I'd had plenty of cheap and cheerful multi tools and they always break. I'm glad I spent the extra cash on this one though.

This leatherman is very well made. The blade is super sharp and the the components and nicely machined and work well. It feels very sturdy in the hand. Having the leather pouch is also nice too.

My ONLY gripe is that some of the tools are stiff to get out, even after I'd applied light machine oil to the hinges. Maybe they will loosen up in time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›