5.0 out of 5 stars Rockabye baby!
Published on 13 July 2010 by Angela

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed !!!
It arrived late, admittedly due to Snow !!!!..The base was missing, and as it was a birthday present for my 3yr old grandaughter, I had to get my son to make a base..I could not return it for a replacement....:-(
Published 21 months ago by mrs susan foster

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockabye baby!, 13 July 2010
Angela - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle (Toy)
My four year old daughter has a whole family of assorted dolls and cuddly toys who live a rather halcyon existence, variously spending their time at tea parties, being pushed around the garden and generally being well loved, though they are a little high maintenance. Until a little while ago, when bedtime came around, worn out by all their activities, they had been lying their weary heads on a blanket where they were lovingly tucked in every night. When the four year old's birthday was on the way she informed us that what she really wanted was a bed for her family as Charlie and Freddie were getting fed up of the floor.

I was drawn to this Rocking cradle by two things really, the fact that I know from other items that we have bought that John Crane items are normally excellent, and the fact that frankly it looked very cute on the picture - the only alternative I had tracked down was a plastic bed from Toysrus which I was a bit loathe to buy.

The cradle comes ready to be assembled. Assembly was not very tricky at all, (8 screws, good instructions) and once put together the night before the youngest's birthday I was really pleased with the results. This is a sturdy and well made bed. The rubberwood is well finished, though the base is of MDF (it was a little tricky but not impossible to slot in whilst I was putting everything together with a Philips screwdriver), it is solid enough. What you can't see in the picture is that the bed comes with a little cotton mattress, as well as the co-ordinating pillow and reversible sheet set you can see in the picture. These are beautifully made (in Thailand according to the label) and fit well into the bed, they are washable too. The whole thing is just the right size for Baby Annabel and co. who can be nicely tucked up and gently rocked.

What you see is what you get here really, suffice to say that probably due to its pinkness, my daughter loved this cradle on sight and it has been used every single night since for various dolls and teddies and often is part of her play at bedtime too. It can be rocked gently and does not take up too much space, whilst being made of strong and solid wood, as it is rubberwood there are not knots and it isn't an over grainy finish. I like the fact that the wood (which is from sustainable sources apparently) is so well finished with no rough edges and well applied varnish and paint. I think that this item looks really nice even to adult eyes - it fits in well in her room as the colours are not too garish, it's just a lovely and traditional item.

I really recommend this cradle if you have a child who loves dolls - it would have been a waste of money for my eldest who never has really played with them, but for my youngest it really is something she cherishes and also one of very few items that I will keep for the next generation. I think it would be good for any child from age 18 months or so up. I feel that this cradle is great value for the price you pay as it is a quality toy that any doll fan is sure to love!

5.0 out of 5 stars rocking cradle, 24 Nov 2008
D. Lowrey (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 year old grand daughter, who loves it. It easily fits all sized dolls, and she even gets in it herself as it is so sturdy and can take a lot of bashing about. Very good value, and seems very durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made toy, 28 Jun 2009
V. Pascall (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle (Toy)
I brought this for my daughters first christmas along with the pram made by the same company. Both were easy to put together and are very durable. Although my daughter was a bit young for them at the time, my son who was two at the time played with them and loved putting his teddy in the cradle to rock him to sleep. Even the pet rabbit went for a ride in the pram! My daughter is now one and uses the pram as a walker and has learnt to rock the cradle too. Overall a lovely toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cradle I've seen, 1 May 2010
Vixster (Middx, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle (Toy)
Bought the Pintoy high chair and cradle at the same time and my little girl loves them both. Even my oldest child who has never really been into dolls loves playing with them. Great quality and great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Doll Rocking Cradle, 21 July 2009
Mrs. J. Browne (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle (Toy)
I bought this for my first granddaughter. Another two granddaughters later it is still going strong and still looks as good as new. It gets played with constantly and its not just dolls that go into it. My youngest granddaughter sits in it. It is well made and very durable. I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pintoy Wooden Doll's Rocking Cradle, 16 July 2009
B. Campbell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle (Toy)
My grandaughter (5yrs) was delighted with her cradle. Very sturdy product, well made, well finished, a classic wood toy. Assembly easy with screws and allen key. One stubborn screw head was damaged on assembly. After sales a little disappointing. Ordered replacement screw but it took 3 phone calls, the first order was ignored, the second resulted in a wrong set of screws being dispatched. The third call resulted in the correct, (but only one), screw being sent. A little frustrating but the cradle and pleasure it has brought my granddaughter worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle (Toy)
The cradle meets all expectations. I was particularly pleased with the finish of the wood, easy to put together and loved by our 3 year old granddaughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper dollies cradle., 15 Jan 2013
Proper dollies cradle.
No plastic.
Easy to assemble.
My 3yr old grandaughter delighted. All the 'babies' big and small go to sleep in here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to Play Doll's Bed, 27 April 2010
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 year 4 mths old daughter for Easter and she absolutely loves it!. She enjoys pretend play with her dolls so it is perfect for her to play with. It is the right size and well made, with pretty bedding too. She gets in it herself sometimes as well!. Really pleased and would recommend it especially if your child enjoys playing dolls!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy rocking cradle, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle (Toy)
Felt this cradle was a tad expensive, but it is very sturdy, safe for the child, and looks as if it will last for several grandchildren in years to come.

Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle