4.0 out of 5 stars Distric 13, 11 Feb 2010
M. C. Talbot-sykes (UK) - See all my reviews
What more can you say about this film, except I could not wait for the second (Ultimatum).
Free running taken to it's extreme along with martial arts made this film so enjoyable to watch. It comes as an english version which is ok but I watched it again in it's original french and enjoyed it even more (maybe because I could follow the story line much better having already seen it in english), watching it in english the first time was very strange as the accents did not seem right for the characters, had they had french accents instead of ,I think they were predominately 'Cockney' I personally think the film would have worked better in english, I did'nt think it did. Story wise has been done before with slight differences in it's modern up to date outlook. Two main characters one born and brought up within the confines of the district, the other a paris cop both work together to bring down a corrupt government department. You could tell the story within 5 minutes of the film starting but the action is just so gripping it pulls you along and before you know it it is over. Again what more can I say. SUPERB

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 26 Sep 2009
This review is from: District B13 [HD DVD] [2006] [US Import] (HD DVD)
Caught this film by chance tonight on Film 4, really enjoyed it, the two male leads are great and the stunts excellent. Don't be put off by the sub titles its brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Outstandingly Brilliant, 26 Dec 2007
This review is from: District B13 [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
There is just so much that is so good in this film. The soundtrack. The opening sequence with the rat. The concrete-jumping. The totally awesome attitude of the lead female when she stuffs her underwear down the dirty-talker's throat. Unfortunately she's made to pay a heavy price for her nerve. I think the plot is very clever. In how many action films does the most important fight take place between the two good guys while they have a conversation about whether their boss is playing a double-cross game or not? Brilliant.

I watched this film about 5 times at my local multiplex. So I'm holding out for the non-dubbed version because I liked the french accents.

Only minus points. It's just a little too obvious that the baddie gang and the lead male are all part of the same troupe. Sorry. But I'm not a big fan of male pattern hair loss. In a hero type. And I'm not a big fan of such obvious political hogwash.

District B13  [HD DVD]  [2006] [US Import]
District B13 [HD DVD] [2006] [US Import] by Pierre Morel (HD DVD - 2007)