Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 May 2007
If, like me, you had given up on Ozzy as a creative force after hearing pretty much anything he's done since the classic 'No More Tears' then hold onto your hat when you hear this album as he has come roaring out of the mansion with his best work in many a year.

Although the album is slightly blighted by two rather cheesy ballads,(try listening to them without thinking of Sharon Osbourne, it's impossible!) the rockers really deliver, as Zakk Wylde churns out the riffs and that (admittedly slightly annoying) trademark squeal of his all over the place. This is Ozzy at his most edgy and aggressive, [...]. There's no denying the fact that the years of excess have taken their toll on Ozzy's voice, and a number of effects are added on some songs to give his vocals added bite, but this is a minor quibble as great lyrics (Perry Mason? Fuhget aboudit!) and pummeling choruses carry each song through to a thoroughly satisfactory conclusion.

This album really is better than anyone had a right to expect and if you are an Ozzy fan you will not be disappointed. As Ozzy himself would say,'ROCK AND ROLL!'
on 26 May 2007
Quite simply...................his best work in years. Loud, proud, and atmospheric. Listen to Civilize the Universe on headphones as loud as your ears will take, and see if it takes you back 20 years to Ozzy in the 80s. There are no weak songs, and Ozzy has once again outgunned his musical peers even at the age of 58! Lets hope he keeps on going into his 60's.

Well done Ozzy
on 31 May 2007
I only ever buy CD's for the car, listening to music one the too and from work really helps me chill, I was suprised to find this album totally enjoyable. Fantastic driving music. Unlike Ozzy's 2001 CD release, this album is a mix of modern, yet classic Sabbath-esque tracks. 'I Don't Wanna Stop' is the first release from the CD and it's a real catchy track with a brilliant guitar solo 3/4 the way through. The title track is brilliant, reminds me of really early Sabbath stuff and 'Lay Your World on Me' is kind of a mix between Changes and Momma I'm Coming Home, it's easily one of the best, hauntingly eerie tracks on the album.

With a mix of modern and classic sounds, the overall album proves that Ozzy Osbourne has alot of kick left in him. ALL of the songs were co-written by the man himself, the only song I feel let's this album down is 'The Almighty Dollar' it seems to be about nothing particular and it's harsh on the ears.

Everything else is top notch! Welcome back Ozzy!
on 21 June 2007
I have been a fan of ozzy for nearly 30 years and have to say that this is his worst album. There were only 2 songs that stood out when I first listened to it and the rest of it was bland and over-produced. The quality of his albums are slowly deteriorating and are not a patch on the `Blizzard' and `Diary' albums that made Ozzy internationally recognised as a solo artist. This album sounds like a collection of `B-sides' from the Down to Earth album. One positive note from listening to it is that it made me get my old collection out and start to listen to them.
on 19 July 2007
I have been a big fan of Ozzy since he went solo and even his Sabbath days, but Black Rain overall is a very disapointing album to me. sadly Ozzy seems to be finally joining in on what so many of the older artists are doing like Saxon, Whitesnake etc and that is playing every song heavier than it needs to be, some of it is even on the borderline of being like thrash metal which I really hate. Whatever happened to decent rock songs which have harmony yet the balls to rock at the same time, Ozzy was a master at this in the past, I do hope hes not lost touch which Black Rain sadly seems to display. The only good thing about Black Rain is it made me dig out albums like Blizzard of Ozz, Bark at the moon, and Diary of a madman to remind me of how great Ozzy was.
on 31 May 2007
A GREAT COME-BACK FOR OZZY, NOT HIS BEST ALBUM, BUT EASILY HIS BEST SINCE "DOWN TO EARTH", I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED AND I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT MUCH

KICKING OFF WITH "NOT GOING AWAY" WITH IT'S INCREDIBLY HEAVY RIFF AND IRRESISTABLY HYPNOTIC CHORUS YOU WILL BE CHANTING FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, YOU CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL "OZZY'S BACK!" AND IT'S BEEN TOO LONG! SOME OF THE SLOWER ONES I FOUND A LITTLE CRINGE-WORTHY BUT I DARESAY THEY WILL MAKE GOOD SINGLES, BUT THE SONGS "I DON'T WANNA STOP", "BLACK RAIN" "THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR" (OZZY AS POLITICAL COMMENTATOR WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT IT?! BUT GREAT!) "11 SILVER" AND "CIVILIZE THE UNIVERSE" WILL HAVE MOST OZZY FANS ROCKING ALONG

MAYBE SLIGHTLY MORE ACCESSIBLE AND ALMOST POPPY IN PLACES THIS WILL PUT OFF FANS OF HIS BLACK SABBATH ERA BUT OZZY'S PLENTY DARK ENOUGH AND HE HASN'T SOLD OUT HE'S STILL THE SAME OLD OZZY DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST, A DECENT COMEBACK

GOOD LYRICS AND VOCALS (THOUGH TOUCHED UP IN THE STUDIO I THINK, BUT IM NOT COMPLANING HE'S NO CHRIS CORNELL BUT HE STILL SOUNDS GREAT) BACKED UP SUPERBLY BY ZAKK WYLDE'S AMAZING GUITARRING (MORE THAN A FEW SOLO'S HAD THE HAIRS ON MY ARMS STAND ON END) WORTH BUYING!
on 23 May 2007
I bought this album this morning...and I must say it's a bit poppier than usual, and the guitar solos which seem to be quite rare are nothing special. However, the songs are different in their own right, they're catchy and are well written. I think Ozzy has done what all artists have to do at some point...which is conform to the changing times. Look at albums like St.Anger by Metallica and even Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Both have received criticism because they're a bit different to the material that has come before. I'm still getting used to this album, even after listening to it 3 times, and I think it will definatly grow on me, as it will with anyone who considers themselves to be a hardcore Ozzy fan. This is a very good album, despite not being a mind-blowing album, and is definatly worth buying!
on 27 May 2007
Having just watched ozzy on Jonathon Ross, I Just had to give this album a listen and boy am i glad i did, this is perfect driving material, who ever said this album only had 3 great tracks obviously has`nt given it a good listen to: Stand out tracks for me are:'Lay Your World On Me' & 'Here For You' but then ive always loved ozzys softer moments.. such as 'Mamma im coming home' from 'No More Tears' as a yard stick for the pre-mentioned ballads on this album. For those who have listened to Zakks Band, (BLS) You will Love how much influence Zakks Had on this Album. All In All a Great Rock Album, That Nobody Else Is Capable Of Making these Days... Rock On Ozzy!
on 2 June 2007
The best album since Blizzard of oz - Without doubt.

Ozzy is 'almost' back to his youth with this album. Excellent production and such a refreshing change from the recent Oz stuff.

40 now and still 'Love' this guys views and music.

Ozzy has become a world wide star and this album demonstrates why. Since Blizzard, i have been waiting for an album that can meet or even beat it. Black Rain doesn't quite do either, but it's close. But at nearly 60, i can't complain at all. Go out (or even stay in) and buy it, you won't be dissapointed.

God Bless you OZZY!
on 24 May 2007
Bought the CD on my way to work monday morning! gagging to get home all day to hear it! Listend to it 6 times now and what can I Say!! Awesome!! well Worth the wait, Just wish there was more than 10 songs on there.(anyone else hear there we supoosed to be 2 Ozzy Albums released this year??) I Hope SO coz After hearing this I Just want more!!!! Love it!!!

How anyone can say there is only a few god songs on there and the rest fillers! absolute CRAP! every song on this CD is fantastic!

Ozzy Sounds in great form and Proves once again that theres NO one that can touch him out there!

He just Kicks Ass when in comes to the Heavy stuff and the Slower songs just simply beautiful! The Band sounds really tight and looks to be an awsome line up! I Cant wait to see them at wembley!

the Single "I Dont wanna Stop" is just the Perfect single for me! it Rocks Hard! Ozzy Sounds great, and Im sure will become a live favorite!

I Love every song but if i had to chose favorites, Lay your world on me is a beautiful song,and Sung wonderful! I Dont wanna stop,Black rain,not going away,the Almighty dollar,trap door, Need i go on! Just buy it!! listen to it and Lose your self in a Wonderful 45 odd minutes of Pure Brilliance and Ozzy Doing what he does best! Kicking ASS!!! ROCK N ROLL!!

Thank you Ozzy for this Wonderful album!! defiantly a Fave of mine already! Wembley HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!