Modern Toss. The stench of excellence in a world gone t*ts up.
Beneath the veneer of childlike scribbly animation lies an anarchistic riot of social commentary, often voiced over with deadpan received pronunciation for added comedy effect.
Published on 4 Dec 2007 by S. Hayward

3.0 out of 5 stars It really really lives up to its name.
The first episode is truly enjoyable.
I mean i did enjoy every sketch.
The second episode I quickly realized "hang on, this is identical to the previous episode"
My enjoyment was not as great.
The third episode i realized some of the animation was identical, same as the jokes.
Thus my enjoyment dissipated.

I really do like modern toss...
Published on 30 Jun 2008 by S. Pritchard

5.0 out of 5 stars Police brutality, neighbours from hell, anarchy, road rage, consumer society and, er, sneezing!, 4 Dec 2007
S. Hayward (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Modern Toss. The stench of excellence in a world gone t*ts up.
Buy the dvd and enjoy the mayhem before everyone comes in on the joke and starts quoting the catchphrases. Catch you later, yeah? Alright!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, yeah?, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I should have employed Mr Tourette to write the review. If you like offensive, very British, humour you will like Modern Toss. If you don't then please don't bother buying the DVD and writing a review to complain about it.
Off to watch it again yeah? looks like it to me... what did Alan do with the DVD player... Alan...come back here you complete b*....

5.0 out of 5 stars ***** Absolutely Brilliant *****, 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
It is so refreshing when every once in a while you stumble across something that is genuinely different from the norm. This compilation of animated shorts is just that. My personal favourite is Mr Tourette the French sign writer who rather unsurprisingly has...tourette's, a combination which leads to some fantastic sign writing mishaps! Space argument is also fantastic about two inept astronauts who are, well watch this yourself to find out. I have recommended this to all my friends and they all LOVE it. Join us and laugh your head off in the process

4.0 out of 5 stars BIN PETITION!, 16 Jun 2009
F. Welsh "I have too many cds" (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Agree with most reviewers. Watch it one episode at a time. Watching it all in one sitting you will find it most annoying.
It is very very funny. I got this 18 months ago and every now and then when the brain shuts down, like in traffic jams or on a train, something will pop in to my head like Barney and his bin petition and I am laughing like a crazy tiger.
Very very funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Toss: Series 1 DVD, 19 July 2013
R. A. G. Rhodes "Richard Rhodes" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Well funny, give it a go yeah? It will improve your quality of life and make you more popular with your friends and family...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Love the use of cartoons + film as a format & some of the running gag lines are terrific. Video is even better than the earlier books

4.0 out of 5 stars Thinking about reading a review yeah?!, 30 Jan 2009
matt 13 (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
From the couple of Modern Toss books I have, Mr Tourette and the Work sketches made me laugh most.
In the DVD, whilst the above are still funny, the main laughs for me come from the Drive-by Abuser and also Space Arguement.
I do refrain from giving this 5 stars as I agree with some of the other reviews, it is quite repetitive. I find it very funny so the more the better but I can fully appreciate some people would begin to find it tedious.
Definitely worth buying and having a chuckle at the most obvious humour - you know its coming and that's what makes it all so funny.

3.0 out of 5 stars It really really lives up to its name., 30 Jun 2008
S. Pritchard (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
The first episode is truly enjoyable.
I mean i did enjoy every sketch.
My enjoyment was not as great.
Thus my enjoyment dissipated.

I really do like modern toss but you cant watch back to back.
Repetitive
Repetitive and cut and fade.

2.0 out of 5 stars bahhh humbug, 24 Jun 2008
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
this isn't as good as the previous review would have you beleive. Despite the geniuses involved in it's production, this one is best forgotten about. A couple of jokes are reasonably funny, but there is nothing clever or anarchic about it. It's sub par underachieving material from folk who usually excel at what they do. I am disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars One joke wonder, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I thought the first episode was interesting and humorous but is it just me that every episode seems to have the same characters doing the same joke over and over again??

Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD]
Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] by Modern Toss (DVD - 2007)
3.20