4.0 out of 5 stars Time consuming, but worth the effort.
At first I thought the price was a bit steep for some plastic decorating pieces I knew I'd only use once and I can't deny it took a while for myself and my mother to decorate all of them and assemble the whole castle, but in the end the effect was brilliant and the guests were very complimentary! (I have uploaded my own customer image)
As a novice in making anything...
Published on 10 May 2010 by Izzy

1.0 out of 5 stars dont be fooled by box. the castle is all white.
Published 18 days ago by Pen Name

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Time consuming, but worth the effort., 10 May 2010
This review is from: Wilton 32-Piece Romantic Castle Display Set (Kitchen & Home)
As a novice in making anything more than a fairly simple cake, it would have been a nightmare trying to make my own turrets, columns, doors etc - getting them to all look the same, and be of the same size. But with this kit, all you need to do is decorate the pieces to your own taste.
My one criticism would be the stability of the columns with turrets on top - I was convinced the cake would fall apart as we carried it from the house out to the marquee. In the end we pierced the bottom of the columns (which are hollow) with a compass/small screwdriver and inserted kebab sticks into them, allowing about an inch at the end with which to pierce the cake. I would highly recommend this, even if you aren't planning to move the cake far, it would be such a shame if the whole thing collapsed - and a gentle knock would be enough to do this as the pieces are very lightweight.
Overall, aslong as your patient and takes steps to ensure the stability of the columns, you WILL end up with an eye catching and fun cake you and your guests will remember :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wilton Romantic Castle Display Set., 9 Sep 2012
The set was fairly easy to use but I found the top turrets too top heavy to use as they distabilised the towers so I found Ice cream cones a good alternative to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont be fooled by box. the castle is all white., 8 Nov 2014
Dont be fooled by the box when you open it all the pieces are white and you have to decorate it all yourself.... not being funny but if I had the time and was good at decorating I wouldnt of bought this in the first place. So disappointed. Now I have to spend more money buying all the stuff to decorate it :( why they couldn't of painted the cones pink or purple just to help a little bit would of been a great help. Not only that but they dont even stand up!!

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, 15 Jun 2013
Arrived on time and was carefully packaged. The turrett set came with great instructions and ideas. Made a beautiful princess castle this time, will definitely be ordering again

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 27 Feb 2013
i bought this to use as a guide on how to build the castle cake and also use the plastic turrets to set my modelling paste so my entire cake will be edible as i dont like to use plastic in my cakes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Instructions don't make it easy and don't seem particularly relevant, 12 Nov 2014
Instructions don't make it easy and don't seem particularly relevant, talking about a slightly different model. Very very hard to secure the towers on, they really need to be hollow so that you can put a dowel to support, but they are solid so you have to stick them down - makes transporting the cake impossible so don't use this if you have to take the cake somewhere else! Otherwise you could well spend a wedding reception holding your edible glue in one hand and a tower in the other. Couldn't fix a slight lean on one tower either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 26 Jun 2014
This product is amazing, it made a fantastic princess castle which blow my family away but most importantly made my 3 year old daughter the happiest little girl on her special day. Couldn't say enough about how great this product is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, 23 Jun 2014
Great value set. Brilliant for any cake decorator out there. Cakes look amazing using these and they are easy to clean as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 13 April 2014
Bought this to make my daughters princess cake, excellent effect for the cake , easy instructions and ideas, have been asked to make cakes for friends and family, highly reccomend it to all those with their own little princess forthe perfect birthdaycake

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls first bday cake, 16 Jan 2014
Super fast delivery- very happy with item thanks! Thank you for this great kit - made my daughters 1st birthday cake and completed a magical day. Helped create a very professional looking cake.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›