Format: Vinyl|Change

on 6 June 2007
Ah at last after a 7 year wait since 1000 hurts we have the new shellac album and has it been worth the wait,the answer is a most definite yes.This album is there most intense record since at action park,the album has great depth and energy and with epic songs like the end of radio and genuine lulabelle it shows shellac have dug deep to show there experimental side and then you,ve got songs like steady as she goes and be prepeared which showcase the band at there most brutal and intense.To finish off my review all i can say is this album is my fave album of the year along with the new daniel higgs album and its gonna take something very special to top either of them,totally essential.
on 16 June 2007
This album isn't innovative or groundbreaking. I also have to admit I didn't think it was that great on the first listen. After two or three times however the energy and subtle riffs started to grab me and now I'm at the point where I can't take this record off my turntable. It isn't the best Shellac or Steve Albini record but if this is the worst then that explains why he's legendary!
on 4 February 2011
Love this album-played it to death and its still going strong. Inspired many of us not to go the overdub route of recording and try to get the right live feel.
Best band in the world!
on 23 July 2007
Not the best album, but still AWESOME! The songs seem a bit muddled on first listens, but eventually resolve themselves into ridiculous detail. Spoke is the best nonsense song ever and will be even better when I work out who the second half is parodying.
on 6 June 2007
for a band that have only made four albums in thirteen years i would have expected something better than this/typically short/it sounds like a band going through the motions of what they are expected to sound like/a lot of half thought out ideas and a lot of tuneless crashing about/i loved the other three shellac albums but this is awful/if you want to hear steve albini at his best get two nuns and a pack mule by rapeman which contains his best two songs(marmoset and steak and black onions)/still,no-one stays great forever(look at guided by voices and nick cave to name a few)lets hope steve albini sticks to engineering rather than producing dross like this