5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value for a very FAST card.!
Class 6 SDHC = 6Mb per Second write speed; however depending on the camera are often more capable of writing at much faster speeds than 6Mb per sec... (better value for money than) "Sandisk Extreme III" ... so I'm really very happy with this rock solid TRANSCEND card, the read speed is also very fast, however Ive not bench
marked it yet...

represents...
Published on 18 Sep 2007 by David Glasgow

1.0 out of 5 stars It failed
This card displayed the odd bad sector from the beginning, but after a month or so it rapidly deteriorated and eventually packed up altogether. In my experience Flash memory devices are generally reliable; this is the first one I've had that's failed, and I wouldn't buy another from this manufacturer.
Published on 31 Aug 2009 by P. Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value for a very FAST card.!, 18 Sep 2007
David Glasgow (Co.Tyrone, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
marked it yet...

represents excellent value for money. bought for my Canon G7. However, its fine for MOST new SD digital cameras made in 2007 and AFTER.

Transcend are market leaders in high quality SDHC Memory cards. 5 Stars.!

lifetime warranty... fabulous!

Im very impressed with how well the card is made, pure quality.!

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend - highly recommended for Canon Ixus, 11 Jan 2009
Shark (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this Transcend 16GB SDHC card to use with a Canon 90-IS camera. This capacity allows me to take 3 or 4 hours of video on the camera as well as 5-600 photographs, or alternately, in excess of 10,000 photographs, depending on the `quality' settings I choose on the camera. This card is as fast as they get (Class 6) and very reliable, as all my other Transcend cards have been - some of which are now several years old and still working flawlessly.

As other reviewers have said, it is important to check in your manuals and manufacturers websites to see if your device is compatible with these High Capacity cards as they are a relatively new classification - e.g. one of my `older' cameras (four years old) can only use a standard SD card up to a maximum of 2GB and so a 16GB SDHC card is very obviously not readable by that device.

The seller I chose supplies this card in a blister pack with a card case and an SDHC card reader included for 26. I didn't strictly need the card reader, but at this price it's pretty much free and I've found it very useful for uploading documents and images from this card onto `older' PC's that can't read the High Capacity cards.

All in all, this is a high quality card with a huge capacity, which is reliable, fast and represents genuine value for money from a well-established company - and as all Transcend cards come with a lifetime warranty you can't really go wrong. My opinion would be to buy with confidence.

In reply to questions by other reviewers, a Gigabyte is a discrete amount of memory (i.e. not exactly 1,000 megabytes) and the industry `doubles up' this amount for our convenience and so as not to confuse us i.e. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32GB. An `8GB' card's actual capacity is approx. 7.5GB and a `16GB' card's capacity is approx. 14.9 GB and so on... much like a 1761 c.c. car engine is classed as a `1.8'

I hope all this has been of some use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 1 Jan 2008
I've got a couple of these cards for use in my Canon Ixus 860 IS camera and I've had absolutely no problems with either of them. This card is more than fast enough to handle video and photos (continuous shooting mode) at the highest quality without the camera having to pause while it writes to the card (video at 2MB/s and photos at 3-4 MB/s).

As mentioned by previous reviewers, there are compatibility issues with SDHC cards and older SD devices (as in the cards don't work in them) so check before buying one of these cards.

Overall, fantastic value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars TRANSCEND 8GB SDHC MEMORY CARD - 5 STARS.!, 15 Mar 2008
David Glasgow (Co.Tyrone, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Transcend 8Gb SDHC Class 6 Flash Memory Card (Personal Computers)
TRANSCEND 8GB SDHC MEMORY CARD, Writes at a steady speed off 6Mb per sec, Class 6.

I have a decent collection of transcend SDHC cards now, and not one has ever let me down at any time, not one single read error, in spite off 1000's of jpegs, RAW'S and Video's.

I think the price of this card has come down a lot in only a few months, but can't see it coming down any further, until the 16GB & 32GB SDHC CARDS begin to take over.

TRANSCEND ARE one of the few SD & SDHC memory card maufactures to offer a full money back gaurentee, with lifetime cover, on all thier kit.!

The MINIMUM speed for class 6 SDHC is 6Mb/s. However, they can and do write/read faster. This Transcend 8GB, for instance, can read at about 18Mb/s and write at 12Mb/s which beats the Sandisk Ultra II cards and nears their Extreme III ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars To M.Stevens: this is SDHC not SD, 30 Oct 2007
One star from the previous reviewer is in my opinion way too harsh: this is an SDHC card, not SD, it is not backwards compatible and might not be suitable for use in some card readers and older devices that do not support SDHC. If you bear that in mind, this card is great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend Recommended for Creative Zen, 21 Mar 2008
I bought one of these 8gb cards to go with my new Creative Zen 8gb player. The card works perfectly so I now have 16gb capacity. Very good value at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars OK, 21 Nov 2008
Reviews Guy (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This card is OK to be used with my Panasonic SD9 HD camcorder. It can cope with the HD recording and the transfer speed is quite decent, too.
I would recommend it as the price is quite good for the capacity and quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent BUT you need SDHC compatibility, 3 Nov 2008
I bought one of these to use with an Asus eee PC 901, and so far it has worked well. The read/write speed also seems good - around 15 MB/s.

However, please note that this is SDHC which is a different standard from plain SD. If you have an older card reader or a camera without SDHC compatibility, you will not be able to use this card. The Hama 35-in-1 USB card reader (sold by Amazon for a few pounds) is compatible with SDHC, so you could use one of these instead of your computer's built-in reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best value class 6 card anywhere, 26 Oct 2008
This is a class 6 SDHC card, if that means nothing to you (as these classifications are very new) this is how it works :
SDHC cards are classified by the speed that data can be written to the card...class 2 = 2 megabites/sec(min) class 4 = 4mb/sec(min) Class 6 = 6Mb/sec

I also have a Sandisk class 2 card, and even that is fast enough for HD video on my Kodak Z1015...this card is potentially three times as fast, and so I call it a bargain

I have found it works flawlessly for HD video...no problems, and this price is amazing, I have just ordered another

Recommended, the best value I have seen anywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 7 April 2008
Mr. C. W. Cormack "Craigyc" (Bromley, England) - See all my reviews
Just got this card for my Sanyo HD camcorder and its top notch! Records about 2hrs of 720p footage.

I was also suprised to find that it worked in my laptops card reader! the laptop is about 1 and a half years old now!

Transfer speeds are super fast aswell! Very Nice!