4.0 out of 5 stars these boots are made for walking !
Published on 28 July 2009 by Sara Moss

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but the ones i received were defective
Published on 17 Dec 2009 by R. Cheval

4.0 out of 5 stars these boots are made for walking !, 28 July 2009
Sara Moss "sara jane" (welling, kent, england) - See all my reviews
i own these boots ! i love walking in the countryside at the weekends, and have walked many many miles in these boots ! they were comfy from the very first wear. they have extra long laces that secure the boot to your ankles. padded around the ankles. extra thick waterproof soles. leather uppers. practical countryside brown colour. stylish. cheap. comfortable. i could walk around the earth in these comfy boots !

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but the ones i received were defective, 17 Dec 2009
R. Cheval "Love Guru" (UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered these for my girlfriend after getting a pair for myself and finding them excellent. However the first pair we received had poorly fitted liners so they folded and stuck into the foot area. We returned these hoping it was a one off and were pleased to see no repeat of this. However on the second use one of the hooks at the top snapped off completely when the laces were tidied so again they were returned. We both agree these are very comfortable boots, straight from the first use and I have had no problems with my pair. Hopefully this was just a bad batch.

5.0 out of 5 stars HiTec walking boots, 30 Dec 2009
I bought these boots for a winter holiday in England for practical purposes. Since they arrived I have needed them for thick snow, ice and heavy rain and they have been brilliant and really comfortable each time. I have also worn them on a rocky beach in the rain and they protected my feet perfectly and comfortably. I would choose HiTec again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Women's Eurotrek Hiking Boot, 18 Dec 2009
This review is from: Hi-Tec Women's Eurotrek Hiking Boot (Apparel)
These boots were bought for my 17 year old daughter for hiking as part of her Duke of Edinburgh Gold. She wore them around the house for 30 minutes one evening to break them in. Then she wore them for a day hike in the Brecon Beacons. She found them brilliant. They were very comfortable and no blisters or sore feet. Previous boots had rubbed and caused her blisters.
Would recomend these to anyone planning on hiking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking boots, 9 Jan 2010
This review is from: Hi-Tec Women's Eurotrek Hiking Boot (Apparel)
These boots are great. They are comfortable from the first moment and are really waterproof. A first walk of 8 km was easy and no blisters. The terrain was wet and muddy and the boots got really dirty but they cleaned up like new just with a quick rinse. I'd recommend them to anyone. I've ordered the same boot in a different colour for my daughter already!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jules1904, 5 Oct 2009
I purchased these boots recently, based on the look but mainly on the 2 reviews, I agree, they are very comfortable and were from the first time I wore them, thoroughly recommend!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic Boots, 30 Mar 2010
These are the most comfortable boots i have ever owned. I wore the boots shopping to wear them in and the second time I wore the boots was to climb Mount Snowden. The boots did not rub and no blisters, these boot are extreamly comfy and highly recommended, no wearing in needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price and perfect for casual weekend walking!, 21 Jan 2012
Miss S. Hocking (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
My boyfriend and I have just started walking, not serious or hardcore walking but for about 2-4 hours each time. We bought these (he bought the mens ones) and we have been absolutely thrilled. They were such great value and we'd read positive reviews so we gave them a go. We have 'tested' them out over the last few weeks and the results are positive. I was expecting lots of rubbing so armed myself with plasters but they haven't rubbed in the slightest. They are super comfy and even at the end of the walk, they still felt comfortable. I walked through so many puddles and slushy mud as my socks were dry as a bone at the end! I couldn't comment on proper hardcore walking through streams for long amounts of time but for 'lightish' walking on moors, beaches etc they seem great and waterproof. They are easy to get on and off and feel sturdy and supportive whilst not being too heavy. They feel well made and like they will be durable over lots of wear. The material makes them easy to clean, if you want to that is but I don't see the point as they are made for getting dirty!

The only thing that I would say, though it may be different for others, is I first bought the size 6 (I'm a size 6-6 1/2 normally) but although they did fit, they felt a bit snug and as I'd also recommend wearing thick walking socks I'd say get a size bigger. I returned the 6 and got the 7 and with my chunky socks, they fit perfectly. If you get them through Amazon.co.uk, returns are free so it's hassle free if you do get the wrong size.

I can't recommend these enough and if your partner needs some, my boyfriend would recommend the mens version of these - even though his and hers is quite sad! Great for light weekend walking in muddy fields, light puddles/streams, coastal paths and beaches. I can't comment on 'serious' walking as that's not why we bought them, but great for getting out and about in and not worrying about your feet!

Happy walking!

1.0 out of 5 stars Boots not waterproof, 7 Aug 2010
I bought these in October 2009, and have hiked in them approximately 15 times since then. The description states that the leather upper is waterproof and I assumed that meant that my feet would stay dry! This month (August 2010) both boots began to leak. I can see an area where the rubber sole has lifted away from the leather, and assume this is where the problem lies.
This may be a one-off fault, but after less than one year of intermittent use I am very disappointed, and I won't be buying any more Hi-Tec boots.
I have contacted Amazon for help with this problem and am awaiting their reply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for me, 30 Nov 2009
This is a very rare size 3 walking shoes especially for me! I didn't expect to get a good pair of my size, I have another pair of Hi-Tec of size 4 (the smallest size) but it turned out all bruises around the ankle.... But this new pair is very good, steady, lightweight, very good for wear and tear.