4.0 out of 5 stars A good read
Published on 16 Jun. 2008 by Linz Fozz

3.0 out of 5 stars Queen Cilla of Memphis
A fluffy, Hollywood tinged look at Priscilla's life with Elvis. A very scant tome, when all is said and done, not much substance or depth. A glossy look at life with the King.
Published on 13 April 2004 by sp

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 16 Jun. 2008
I enjoyed this book a lot, I believe what she writes about him. Its not all rosey, she does mention his bad temper, drug abuse, affairs etc & also her own affairs. But she's not bashing him in any way, she's just being honest. I believe she really loved him when she was with him, i'm not quite sure of what to make of her these days though, she's become a bit too "hollywood" or "celebrity" for my liking & it seems she's after the publicity more than defending Elvis' name which is a real shame. I guess we all like to think Elvis was perfect, but no one is & its bad what he did to himself, a real waste, but only the good die young & he will be loved remembered forever, I think we should concentrate on all the years he was successful & what he did for music instead of all the bad stuff that came later. I hate books that try & exploit him, its incredibly low to do that to someones memory just for the money, let him rest in peace now thats all I can say.

5.0 out of 5 stars enlightening, 6 Mar. 2011
Janet Davies (Falmouth Cornwall) - See all my reviews
I'm a huge Elvis fan, if I'd read this back in my teens, I'd have said know way Elvis would not have been like that, now however I'm older and wiser, and I now know how much Priscilla loved and still loves Elvis, the reason for leaving was she couldn't live with Elvis and live the way he did, and the other women he saw, although Elvis truly loved Priscilla, the book was brilliant, I read in day, and not two days like I originally said! She talks candidly about her life before living with Elvis, and her parents difficulty in understanding why Elvis was fixated with Priscilla, amazing read, Elvis fans if they have not read it they should! Lots of pictures! Janet Davies Falmouth Cornwall

3.0 out of 5 stars Queen Cilla of Memphis, 13 April 2004
This review is from: Elvis and Me (Hardcover)
This came at a time when Albert Goldman's assualt in the form of his book Elvis was on the market for a couple of years and Priscilla felt that she had to paint a more wholesome picture of Elvis (probably to keep business at Graceland going).
It reads like a Danielle Steele book. If you're looking for something with a bit more bite, try Revelations from the Memphis Mafia. Not that you want to read something which dishes the dirt but this is very scant. She was, after all, the ex-wife, not the widow.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good 'starter' book to read up on how their lives ..., 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Elvis and Me (Paperback)
A good 'starter' book to read up on how their lives came together, but some of the accounts just do not stack up. Priscilla has written her version of events portraying herself is a good light, but when you read other books afterwards, you realise how economical on the truth she is being.

I read 'Child Bride' after this and found that far more revealing and believable. That earned a 5 star rating from me,

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 7 Oct. 2003
Despite the fact that Priscilla is not a writer this book is a very entertaining read even if it wasn't about one of THE iconic figure of the 20th Century- Elvis Presley.
Despite the fact that it paints a less than rosy image of Elvis, Priscilla stills get across that Elvis was a victim to his fame and not a drug pushing man like so many of his other so-called friends have made out.
You really do feel that Priscilla loves Elvis from the start to finish.
The only problem with the books is the lenght. It was way to short and I could have gone on reading it for atleast another day or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars The true King by his Queen, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Elvis and Me (Hardcover)
As a huge Elvis fan, I was totally glued to this book. It gives a first hand insight into the fairytale Romance of Elvis and Priscilla. I think Elvis would be proud of Priscilla for writing such a beautiful book. I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you love everything Elvis, you will not be disappointed with this book

5.0 out of 5 stars a intresting read, 4 May 2015
This review is from: Elvis and Me (Paperback)
Loved this book! Was a very intresting read. I know that Priscilla really did love Elvis but she couldnt live that way anymore and rarely saw him and Elvis went downhill since spilting from her. He really did love her. I believe that if Priscilla didnt leave him he would still be alive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story !, 16 April 2008
Ms. B. A. Smith (Alfreton, Derbyshire .) - See all my reviews
I really Enjoyed reading this Book it was easy to see how Much Pricilla really Loved Elvis + Great to read how such a young girl had to grow up all too Quickly if you are an Elvis Fan i truly Recommened it !!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting insight into the world of the King!, 4 Nov. 2002
M. Paget "mickeyboy" (Herts, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elvis and Me (Paperback)
Once I started reading this I couldn't put it down. Many people have written about Elvis in the past; this one's from his wife. She comes across as very honest about her life with Elvis. Priscilla doesn't paint a rosy picture at all - Elvis had many faults and lived a fantasy in many ways. What does come across that despite these faults, she could'nt help loving him, even know in her heart she knew she would never have him to herself. Elvis was a victim of his success in every sense. Overall, a fantastic read and perfect to read on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars For a 'Mass Paperback' this is excellent., 27 Oct. 2012
M. Taplin "mikekoi" (Weston-super-Mare, England) - See all my reviews
Being a total fan of Priscilla Presley, everything she does is touched with grace and humour. This book was thoroughly enjoyable and I was totally engrossed from cover to cover. So it may be 'Mass Market' but it also has 'Mass appeal'.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

ELVIS AND ME
ELVIS AND ME by Priscilla Beaulieu. Presley (Paperback - 1985)
Out of stock