on 6 October 2010
i have been using this monitor for 2 weeks now and i love it dearly.
i now know my true heart rate while im working out , so i know when to push myself and also ,
when to back off . its easy to use and straight forward. just attach the chest strap , and hold down the
center button until your heart rate is found. the bpm shows up and away you go.
it also transmits my heart rate to my horizon athos l.e cross trainer , which was a hell of a hidden bonus.

also , the unit has never failed to find my heart rate . even while using a sony eirccson phone as my mp3 player.
the price is also outstanding for what you get. all in all , im extremely happy. well done timex.

finally,
i honestly cant find any fault with this unit. i whole heartedly reccomend this monitor as its simple to use
for all beginners ( including the older generation who cant understand technology ) and the watch face is
easily read . pressing the orange side button activates the night light and this stays lit for 3 sec's so you
can easily read the time and your heart rate if you go on early morning runs. buy it , you wont be sorry.
on 16 November 2010
Received this within a few days of ordering,

Pros:
1) Does the job, shows my heartrate quite well when i worked out
2) Great price

Things to be aware of:
1) If you have a chest size of over 43" the belt will stretch to fit but it will be a tight fit

Cons:
1) none really for the price
on 22 January 2012
When running with arm swaying, heart rate on watch reads far less (upto 40bpm) than gym equipment. With outstretched arms e.g. on cycle, watch fails to receive signal all together and heart rate is shown as three dashes - - -

Complained to retailer but outside of their period for giving a refund.
Returned watch and transmitter to manufacturer with description of problem. Manufacturer returned watch and transmitter, as far as I could tell in exactly the same condition and without any comment or explanation in response to my submission.

Re-tested on 40min run at gym at 7Km/hr. BPM on watch approximated to BPM on treadmill for less than 30% of the time. When cycling with hands outstretched on handlebars, watch lost contact 3 times.
On another occasion for at least a quarter of the time, the watch read less than half the value showing on treadmill e.g. watch 49bpm while treadmill 100+.
Frustratingly, on the third use after getting it back from the manufacturer, the watch read BPM accurately throughout my exercise except for when on bike - armslength seems to be beyond the range of reception.

In these circumstances, it is possible to get a reading by holding the watch next to chest belt for several seconds, but having to resort to this on a regular basis inevitably leads to disruption to the exercise e.g. to arm swing rhythm when running or requiring a stop when cycling.

Two weeks ago, I wrote to the manufacturer again, but I have had no reply.

As this watch does not provide consistently accurate BPM readings, I cannot rely on it for exercising within safe BPM ranges.

Other niggles: At first I found it difficult to get used to, having not memorised what the buttons do, when exercising, often pressed wrong buttons and did not get expected results.
Bpm display font is large but thin and I cannot always read it without glasses, which I do not wear when exercising. Other icons on display are far too small to be visible.
Only data of most recent exercise period is stored, so if Heart monitor button is pressed it wipes the store and starts a new measurement.
on 18 June 2011
I used this monitor for over a month and I'm very satisfied from its simplicity. If you want a monitor to easily watch your HeartRate during excersizing I think this is the one, and with one press button you can see how much time you've spend for workout.If you read the manual it's easy to understand the functions of this watch. After you finished your workout you can review your average and maximum HeartRate and how many time you are in the zone of min and max HeartRate, it also shows how many calories you've burned but I dont know If the calculations are right. Until now I dont have transimmiting problems from chest strap , I just push the on/off button and in a 2-3 sec my watch finds my Heart rate.

Finally if you want a HeartRate Monitor with a screen that shows a lot of information at one screen this isn't your watch, but if you want a simple HeartRate Monitor that shows your HeartRate with big readable fonts, this is the one.
on 12 May 2011
I bought this watch after having a lower model timex for a short while. The Basic one I had was a good heart rate monitor but didn't allow you to set zones or show calorie count.

This watch is easy to use, works really well and has a very clear display which shows the heartrate very clearly - a quick glance will tell you what you need to know.

The chest strap is very comfortable to wear too.

My problem with it is that the calorie count I get seems way too high, at least 1/3 higher than I'd expect - last night it told me I burned a whopping 2000 calories at a 90 minute Zumba class!! Now the Zumba is quite high impact but I would expect an absolute max of 1500 and probably more like 1200 calories. I can't see anything I've done wrong, I've input my weight and my estimated Max heart rate. I can't see any other parameter to set that might effect the calorie reading. - Perhaps someone can help me out if I've missed something??

Before I had this watch I was working out calories using a formula I found online that took into account my age as well which this watch doesn't seem to do. Using the average heartrate from my previous watch and this one the calorie result I get using the calculation seems more appropriate, so I can't help thinking that the calorie formula this watch uses may be a bit optimistic, or leave out an important factor.

It's a shame as I really bought this watch as an upgrade because it did do the calorie calculation. However it does also do the "inzone" time reading which is useful as well. And I suppose the calorie figure is just a number so even if it's not accurate it's relative between workouts if I use the same watch.
on 28 August 2010
My 1st heart rate monitor. Straightforward. I like that it is water-resistant (to 30 metres) because I enjoy swimming in addition to gym activities. Batteries can be replaced by customer. Slightly tricky to set up initially, but easy to use after that. Might be nice to have option to buy 2nd chest strap from the outset.
on 17 March 2009
There may be better watches and better heart monitors out there, but this works really well, and the accompanying chest belt is recognized by gym equipment.
on 31 January 2012
I was after a basic HRM to take some of the guesswork out of my training runs. I bought this as I already own a Timex Ironman watch. There are no 'bells & whistles' with this HRM but it is beautifully simple to set up and use. Once you have done a few training runs to determine your max hr, everything else just falls into place. Then set your zone depending on whether you are doing a LT, VO2Max or enduro run and away you go. Another bonus is the 'out of zone' alarm is actually loud enougth to hear.
on 19 May 2011
I bought this Heart rate monitor to use when I'm on the treadmill. It's excellent. It has an alarm when I'm under or over working which I find really useful. It occasionally loses a signal but that hasn't happened very often. Its very reliable. Comfortable to wear aswell. Would definately recommend.
on 3 May 2011
A great product, delivered in a couple of days, easy to set up and use, having suffered a recent Heart Attack this product gives me easy monitoring of my heart rate during mt rehabilitation exercises. I would reccomend this to anyone thinking of buying one.

P Chalmers, solihull