5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 100%!!!!!
Published on 30 Jan 2011 by Lauren

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but not great
Published on 21 July 2011 by Law student

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 100%!!!!!, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: Priva Shave Post Hair Removal Gel for Ingrown Hairs and Shaving Rash For Woman (Personal Care)
I had always had very thick dark leg hair, that grew so fast I had to shave my legs daily if I wanted to wear shorts to work in the gym etc. But the re-growth from shaving would come through so thick and sharp it would itch, and each leg would irritate the other in bed at night unless I had Pajamas on. For no reason at all I started to get in grown hairs all over my lower legs when I was about 27 years old, I had never had them before. They were so bad I went to the doctor who told me that any kind of hair removal would only make it worse as it would irritate the follicle and the skin and so I shouldn't remove the hair. I found this un-helpful, who wants to walk around with hairy man legs?! But I gave it a go for a while, but still got the ingrown hairs. I used a special moisturiser I was prescribed to thin the skin to try to help the hairs come through more easily but that did not work. I tried all sorts of products which claim to get rid of in grown hairs, but nothing worked and they were all very expensive, most stung the skin too.
I had tried waxing, but they still grew through so fast I had to have it done weekly, but still got the in grown hairs! I then tried eppillating which meant I could remove new hairs as they grew through at home, and the regrowth was light and sparce, so that helped the problem of how fast and thick they were, but not the ingrown hairs and hair removal rash, THEN finally I found Priva shave, It started to work straight away, it doesn't sting the skin,the bottle lasts for ages and is not expensive, whatever level of irritation you have im sure this product will work, its amazing! I now have no in grown hairs or rashes!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but not great, 21 July 2011
I shave my bikini line every few days, so maybe you'll have better results with this if you wax. However for me it hasn't worked any miracles - I still get ingrown hairs. That said I get less shaving rash and less bumps than I used to, so using it is better than using nothing. It smells a little suspect, sort of chemically, although it's not invasive and there's no stinging or anything like that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 6 Sep 2010
K. A. Roy "Wobi" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I have horrible ingrown hairs when I shave, especially around the bikini area. I used Priva shave and although it helped the bikini area a little, it wasnt miraculous. I would recommend it however because it doesnt smell unpleasant and actually provides a good layer of moisturiser. I have used it on my legs - again with some (but not miraculous) success. It did soothe the itchy sensation on my legs though and for this reason, I would buy it again. I have started exfoliating regularly and using strong moisturisers on my legs to regain the smooth appearance. This has had much more success.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bottle leaks very badly!, 8 Jan 2013
The product itself works well but the bottle leaks very badly-impossible to transport anywhere without half the product leaking into your bag. It's a shame because it's a good (and rather expensive) product, so it's a shame that it's wasted in such a way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for post hair removal., 30 Dec 2011
I have very sensitive skin and usually suffer from in grown hairs in the bikini area. However if I use this product after every shave, my skin remains smooth and bump free.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use and effective, 8 Aug 2010
i suffer from ingrowing hairs on my legs which had become infected and i had to have [all but one] surgically removed.so i was looking for a treatment to use which is less drastic!and could be used regularly to help prevent irritation. i also have eczema on one of my lower legs so didn't want a product which would be very harsh,drying and make my eczema worse.you need to be careful of products which contain a lot of alcohol as this can make ingrowing hairs worse.i havn't used the product for long and as yet havn't seen an improvement in a stubborn ingrowing hair.however,it is very pleasant to use,dries quickly,is not messy and you don't need to use too much.it also smells quite nice.i use a thin layer straight away after hair removal and i've found it very effective on the bikini line where i normally get a rash which is sore and itchy.priva shave prevents this.it is also good to use a product which is just for men or women-as skin type is very different.always shave with the growth of the hair[eg.downwards on the legs]rather than against it[upwards]to help prevent the ingrowing hairs.i always use a body scrub before hair removal and priva shave straight after.as it dries very quickly i use body lotion/cream afterwards as i have a dry skin and although this product is better for sensitive skin than some others on the market, it still leaves the skin a bit dry,so i'd recommend moisturising too.it will take time to remove stubborn ingrowing hairs but i recommend using this product.if i'd been using priva shave for longer and had seen more of an improvement in my very stubborn ingrown hair then i'm sure i'd have given it 5 stars.i wish i'd found this product sooner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 6 Sep 2013
Years of struggling to shave more than once a week cos of irritation no matter what I used are now over thanks to this godsend of a product. WIsh I'd found it years ago!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as effective as I would have hoped!, 29 Mar 2013
Still had shaving rash but ingrown hair did lessen but no more effective than regularly exfoliating. Overall, I would not buy this product again.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works but too thick and sticky, 26 Oct 2010
This product really works it is superb but on the downside it is so sticky and thick and you do not get much for your money - there are other products that work just as well and are easier to apply. Worth a try though if nothing else has worked for you - this will.

2.0 out of 5 stars priva shave, 14 Mar 2012
I tried this product on both my legs and bikini area,i was however very disappointed.Firstly it has a very strong odour but mainly it stings when you apply it.It may just be that i have sensitive skin so others may try it and like it but its not for me im afraid!