5.0 out of 5 stars descaler
Published on 23 Jun 2012 by P. Bailey

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says
Get double use - Use it to descale your DeLonghi coffee maker and then put it in your kettle to make double use of the product. Not cheap but works and keeps your guarantee valid.
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars descaler, 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: DeLonghi descaler - SER3018 - 500ml (Kitchen & Home)
Well what can i say its descaler, i chose to buy the delonghi descaler as I have a delonghi coffee maker so if it goes wrong the manufacturer cannot turn around and say I used somebody elses product and invalidate the warranty. Other than that it appears to descale fine, in fact once the machine has done with the product i decant it into my kettle to let it do its work twice and it works fine.

So to save yourself money put it in your coffee machine let the machine descale then when its ejected by the coffee machine put it in your kettle.

4.0 out of 5 stars When 5 x 100 does not equal 500, 11 Feb 2012
Gerald Price "gdp67" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeLonghi descaler - SER3018 - 500ml (Kitchen & Home)
Just a cautionary note for clarity.

When we bought our Delonghi coffee maker, it came with a 100ml 'portion' of descaler.
Once used, I headed off to Internetland to buy some more. You can buy a box with 2 x 100ml portions, or you can buy this 500ml bottle. Five lots of descaling, right?

Wrong. The instructions state that you have to use 125ml of this stuff to carry out a descaling process. So you only get four goes.

Is it better value than the individual bottles? Yes.
Is it the value you're expecting? No.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 8 Jun 2013
R. Ashman (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeLonghi descaler - SER3018 - 500ml (Kitchen & Home)
This worked as well as the small bottles. I only used 100ml per use which worked fine. 125ml is not required. I also took advice from other feedback and put it in the kettle after cleaning the coffee machine. The kettle looked like new after cleaning, which was fairly badly scaled up, as it is three years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better for it., 4 May 2012
SMR (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeLonghi descaler - SER3018 - 500ml (Kitchen & Home)
4 doses in the bottle. The machine now performs better as a result of descaling, which is why I bought it!

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: DeLonghi descaler - SER3018 - 500ml (Kitchen & Home)
This stuff works - if you own a coffee making machine, you need this. Every time the machine boils water, any minerals fall out of solution, the harder your water the more minerals it contains, resulting in sluggish performance as the heating element now has to heat through the built up deposits. My DeLonghi machine flashes the descaler warning every couple of months, so a bottle of this will last for a while. I guess that any descaler would work but I bought the Delonghi branded one as recommended in the user guide. It's not extortionately expensive (much better value than buying single sachets of the same product) and as I will only be using a bottle and a half a year I think it's a reasonable investment to keep the machine running at peak performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ronseal, 23 May 2012
This review is from: DeLonghi descaler - SER3018 - 500ml (Kitchen & Home)
It descales. It's cheap. It's DeLonghi approved. It comes in a handy, practical bottle that keeps the liquid inside. Job's a good'n.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleanliness is next to godliness - except for my Mother-in-Law...., 21 Nov 2014
This review is from: DeLonghi descaler - SER3018 - 500ml (Kitchen & Home)
Living in Yorkshire, I'm always on the look-out for a bargain. So, when I read the reviews of this product, I thought I could get a triple whammy. Unfortunately, it transpires to be just a double....
As regards the product and using it to clean my DeLonghi Nespresso machine, well, all I can say is that it's great. Very happy.
I then decanted the once used liquid into my teapot, and it did (as described by other reviewers) bring that to a state of near perfect cleanliness.
So, at this stage in proceedings, 2 out of 3.
Where the disappointment creeps in is that despite putting the twice used cleaning fluid into my Mother-in-Laws teapot and leaving it there as she made a brew, she's still with us!
Ah well - I should have guessed that with her connection to the Pendle Witches, she'd survive.
We live to fight another day. Unfortunately, so does she....

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: DeLonghi descaler - SER3018 - 500ml (Kitchen & Home)
Great value for money compared to the sachets!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 4 July 2014
L. Allen - See all my reviews
Seems to do the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product!, 4 July 2014
This review is from: DeLonghi descaler - SER3018 - 500ml (Kitchen & Home)
Better value than the Nespresso own brand and works just as well

DeLonghi descaler - SER3018 - 500ml