5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent holdall for the field
This is about the best way that I have found to carry pens, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, torchons, etc. when drawing in the field. It takes up more space than a tin at the desk but allows easier pick up and put down. I thought it a bit flamboyant when I first got it but I now have three of them - they're so practical.

My only misgiving is that it doesn't...
Published on 13 Mar 2011 by zrtf90

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected
I've tried several pencil wraps and have found nothing to match the wraps sold by Jackson's (which were sold on Amazon - that's where I found mine). The Derwent one is, for me, made from a fabric I don't like and I've stopped using it. I also found that if it's not full of pencils it's a loose fastening. It would be far better if it had a velcro or elastic strap to cater...
Published 18 months ago by A. Horner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent holdall for the field, 13 Mar 2011
This review is from: Derwent Canvas Pencil Wrap, 30 Pencil plus Accessory Storage Capacity, Unrolls Flat for Easy Access, Press-Stud for Security (Office Product)

My only misgiving is that it doesn't comfortably hold my Stanley 99E knife. If you use twist sharpeners or a smaller craft knife this roll will rock :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pencil Wrap, 22 Dec 2010
G. Rolph (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Lighter and less bulky than a wooden pencil box. Room for pens, pencils, sharpeners and erasers.

Well made and thought out. The pencils fit through an elasticated strip and a plastic flap (leather like material) at one end stops the contents spilling out. There are some spaces for wider objects such as ink pens or large clutch pencils.

Have been using for several months and it works well. Being canvas I expect it will last some time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Pack, 21 Mar 2013
Despite not purchasing this item on Amazon (but in an art shop), I would like to say that this is a good handy small artpack case of approximately A5 size that can hold a lot of your drawing tools. It fits in a bag easily thanks to its small size and it's ideal for pencils, charcoals, rulers, small sharpeners, compass, etc. I'm giving it 4 stars only because I wish it was a tiny bit bigger with a separate compartment for an eraser - a kneaded eraser I mean, since that one gets all over the place, sticking to all surfaces.

Good buy. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars When the artist meets the adventurer, 13 Mar 2012
Just the perfect complement if you wish to travel and take your tools with you. You'll feel like bloody Indiana Jones with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Misleading, 15 April 2011
As others have said; this is a well made canvas affair that rolls up nice and tidy, with a nice point protecting flap to keep your pencils inside, very pleased overall.

However I want to point out that they describe this as "Suitable for 30 pencils & Accessories", which is true I guess; but the individual pencil slots actually number 27, meaning you have to use one of the four wider elastic holders to get '30'.

Obviously this is hardly a major problem, but based on the description and picture I'd assumed it had 30 pencil slots (Which would take my 6 sketching pencils and a pack of 24 watercolour pencils nicely) so was slightly disappointed.

Other then this slightly misleading description however, I am very impressed with the product; it's much nicer then the tin my water colour pencils came in, it rolls up smaller, and there's space for some brushes, pens, an eraser and my (squished in a wide slot) sketching pencils!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pencil Case, 13 Sep 2011
Mrs. Roma U. F. Cox (Alresford, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter, who has used it to store all her colouring pencils and fineliners for school. It means she can put them in the prder she chooses, she is always able to find the colour she wants and she will always know if she has mislaid one. A great find.

5.0 out of 5 stars well made, good value, 2 Jan 2011
Jarah (London, England) - See all my reviews
I am so glad I discovered this item before I bought the overpriced ([...]) Ally Capellino canvas pencil wrap from [...]. The Derwent product has far more room for pens and pencils, room for several erasers and other wider items and a more substantial flap to protect pencil points. And the canvas is more substantial, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 29 April 2010
Ciro Cardoso "Cg artist" (Lisbon, Portugal) - See all my reviews
If you are looking for a tool to save the whole arsenal of drawing materials, this is the appropriate tool. Good quality and sturdy can accommodate a lot of pencils and other drawing materials easily and conveniently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple tin case just the way I like it, 27 Jun 2014
Parka (Singapore) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Derwent Pencil Tin Case is the a very simple pencil case, just the way I like it.

The design is simple. The edges and corners are rounded. On top, you have the Derwent logo embossed. It's made of tin with brushed surface.

It's quite a big pencil case, and quite thick. It comes with a removable interior tray that can up to 20 pencils, and below, you can hold another 20.

For pens, the tin holds much less as pens and their caps take up more space. It can hold around 6 pens on each tray, depending on their sizes.

Overall, it's really well built and looks nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Derwent Pencil Wrap, 2 Oct 2013
This product is brilliant. Very well made and does it's job brilliant. Very happy with it. Would recommend it to any artist.