5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding Value
Published on 22 Dec. 2011 by Moots

2.0 out of 5 stars Lot better out there
Really sorry to say that I am seriously unimpressed by this headset, while the sound is of a decent quality, the volume is a lot lower than I would of expected and no where near the levels I have got from Headsets by Logitech and others.

further more they become uncomfortable to wear after about an hour or so and this is getting worse as the ear pads wear...
Published on 1 Nov. 2012 by Selonuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding Value, 22 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Creative HS800 Fatal1ty Gaming Headset with Detachable Noise-cancelling Microphone (PC / MAC) (Personal Computers)
For those of you who don't know whether to buy these, read this. I have been using these with my computer now for about 3 years, at the time I enjoyed them a lot and never found anything wrong with them. As time has gone by, I have really been able to appreciate these headphones more and more. I have tried countless headphones, in ears, on ears, full size the lot. At the time of purchase, I compared these to my £65 Sony in ears, and it was a close one, with the Sony's just taking the lead on detail. However at over double the price, I found this to be quite remarkable. I have since tried other headphones, including my friends £130 shure SRH840's and a few sennheisers. Obviously the Shures had more detail, but no where near enough to justify the price difference. I am starting to believe that these headphones are really quite a spectacular buy at this price, Listening to high quality mp3's and flac files through them is an absolute dream, they deliver a very pleasurable listening experience, sometimes surprising me just how much detail they pick up. There have been a few times where I have taken these on trips over my much more portable in ears (sennheiser cx870 and sony mdr-nc22?) just because I enjoy the comfort and sound from them. The balamce is superb, separation is good, plenty of detail, superb bass. The bass really shows when playing games, insurgency: modern infantry combat shows this off really well with rockets and general ambience detail really drawing me in. When I first tried them, the sound of bombs detonating and sneaky opponents opening fire unexpectedly behind me was enough to make me jump. To wrap it all up, the comfort and fit of these is second to none, I prefer them over a lot of dearer sennheiser headphones and even the shure srh840 which seem to sit away from your head. The only complaints I have about these is that after a while (I mean over 3 hours) the top of my ear becomes sore, and I need to take them off for a while, the build feels a little bit plasticy, but I can accept that at the price. Also, the jack for the headphones became faulty on my set, but I simply added a custom neutrik metal jack to it instead and now all is good. Do not hesitate to buy these and ignore negative comments about these headphones because they are simply unbeatable at this price point, not to mention having great MIC quality on top of the headphone aspect. A Superb buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound, 8 May 2013
Very good sound quality. Headset tight and make your ears ache after a while - 2-3 hours. Maybe this will ease as they "settle" in. The microphone quality is very clear. For the price these headphones offer a good purchase.

Perfect for gaming if you are in raid chat, etc.. I teamed these up with a USB 5.1 sound card adaptor which lets you control the sound levels separate to your computer sounds, i.e. you can have your game playing through your speakers and your voice chat through headset. The adaptor cards can be purchased very cheaply - mine cost 99p.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, and very comfy!, 14 Aug. 2007
O. Rimington (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This headset is pretty bulky-looking when you are wearing it, but it makes up for this by being really light and very comfortable. With some headsets excessive use can leave your ears quite sore in places, however I have yet encounter any such problems in this case (and i have used them for quite a few extended gaming sessions so far).

The sound quality is excellent, the difference I noticed going from my previous pair (which admittedly were bought on a much smaller budget), was so great it spurred me to open up amazon and give this a good review!
Of this headset's audio am most impressed by the bass; it really adds alot more depth to those explosions :)

The detachable microphone is a good idea; i haven't had any problems with it, however I usually leave it connected so i don't lose it! The sound quality you get from it is pretty good too.

The size of the headset (the band which goes over your head) can be adjusted, as with most headsets. I needed to make the band as short as possible to get the perfect fit, and my head isn't particularly small, so if you have a smallish head it may not fit too well.

Overall i'd say its well worth your money even if you aren't much of gamer; it works very well for music and Skype too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Comfort!, 24 Feb. 2011
A. George "Alexic" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Most headsets I've worn have been uncomfortable to wear and this one is great, I don't even notice it after a long session of gaming, he quality is also excellent, really recommend the product, the only thing I've found annoying is that the removable mic can be put back in the wrong position and it's really easy to miss that it's wrong.

I also meant to buy the usb version but accidentally bought the jack mic, just make sure you have the correct one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Headset, 19 Nov. 2013
This is the second pair I've bought but it is great value for money, the mic is fantastic, they are comfortable and the last a long time. The sound quality is also terrific, though I just use them to play games, talk on skype and occasionally listen to music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, high quality, high comfort, high durability!, 27 Feb. 2014
As a heavy gamer using headsets for hours at a time, the sound quality and comfort this headset offers is definitely one the best ones I've had. Amazing value for money!

Had this headset for 2 years, using it every day, rolling my chair over the wire each day, the only bad thing about this for me is the incredibly long wire! Tripped up over it countless times, yanking it from my computer and resulting (over a 2 year time period of daily use!!!) the volume control on the wire being loose, affecting sound quality until you adjust the volume and wire position slightly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 16 May 2014
I bought this product as a cheap headset for my new PC, as speakers and a newborn are incompatible. Having previously used Sennheiser I was a little worried about using an untried (at least for me) brand, but had this headset recommended to me by a few friends.

The headphones offer a sturdy and solid build quality along with a wide array of mobility and angles for the headphone cups, which are very comfortable, along with the top of head padding.

The padding is plush, and so does pick up hair and fluff quite readily, but I feel this is a small price to pay for the extra comfort.

As other reviews have stated, the headphones are quite small, so anyone with larger ears might find they getting uncomfortable after extended periods of wearing. I have small ears though, and have had no issues.

Make sure you are aware that the cord for these headphones ends in separate audio and mic 3.5 pins. This is not a problem for my PC, as it has both audio and mic jacks in the front of the tower - it may be fiddly to connect and unplug if your PC only has these jacks in the rear of the tower.

The microphone boom is fully flexible, which I love - it makes it much easier to bend away when I have to sneeze or talk off-mic.

I have just ordered a second set of these headphones for my PS4 (you will need a Headset splitter adapter to do this, I use Startech.com 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x 3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter), and for the price I can only recommend these headphones. The sound quality is good (for the price), they are comfortable, have a long cable with a cable volume control and mute. For game chat, these are very good. Obviously, for better sound quality, you're going to have to pay more, but for the price, they're hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good headphones, 31 Oct. 2011
I can't really add much to what is already written by other reviewers .But I have had my headphones for over 18 months and they are still going strong, the foam bit on the end of the microphone has become a bit worn,possibly due to more my misuse than wear and tear.

They have been used for extensive gaming, listening to music and watching films, in fact they have made my poor speaker system redundant. They are very comfortable even with my big ears and perhaps only start to feel a bit uncomfortable after 3-4 hours or so. I get this with all headphones so I'm not sure if it is a problem with just this item.
The quality of the sound is great and although there are better headphones out there for music lovers, at this price you can't go wrong.

The cable is huge and is only a problem when like me you sit quite close to your pc and the mic socket is in the front, I had to put a cable tie on to stop it getting caught on my chairs feet.

The mic is very clear and is very adjustable and having it detachable is very handy when I'm watching films and munching on some fruit.

I will probably get a similar model if this one ever breaks.

Hope this helps
Edit: may 2014 : they are still going strong although the mic is a bit less clear now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headset!, 2 Dec. 2013
I've had these for 2 years now, I've bought them on the 12th of December 2011 and I'm still using them.

The noise cancellation of the headphones isn't that good but if it's quiet in your home then the only thing you'll hear is what is coming through your headphones and it comes out in amazing quality, the bass is good, no static or anything, I prefer my headphones even over my speakers with subwoofer, it really helps me get immersed into my games.

The microphone is great too, people always say they hear my clearly, no static, no noise, no background sounds, it's great.
I've tested it myself too with short recording to test how I sounded and it's what you want, just your voice, nice and clear.

The quality/build of the headphones is nice too except for extended periods (longer than 6 hours) after that your ears will start to feel muffy.
Besides that they're sturdy, they've already fallen several times, I've thrown them against the wall in anger, I've walked away from the pc with them still on pull the whole cable and everything with it, they still live after 2 years.

I'd suggest this to anyone with a small budget for pc gaming and communication.

Worth the price times 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Worth the buy., 13 Nov. 2013
Well I read the reviews before I bought this product, and some of them say that the product is faulty, the microphone socket is stiff (mine isn't), they sound terrible etc, and one bad review out of 100 can actually be really off-putting. Please just ignore them, they were probably damaged in transit or something. I ordered this pair anyway, and I have no regrets.
I'm a student and money is pretty limited for me; and I only bought the pair because I needed something comfortable and practical for Skyrim on my laptop. However, I now take these everywhere; they're light, comfy and the sound quality is great. For £22 they are completely worth it! If you're worried they'll break just be careful with them. On my game I was able to hear sounds that I could never hear before, like Dragons calling from far off, and people whispering in next rooms(good so that I don't stumble into the midst of 6 or 7 heavily armed bandits or mages).
These headphones are amazing. The only downside I have is that you don't get a bag and they don't fold up; however this one minor negative has absolutely no negative effect on this great product.