5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding Value
Published on 22 Dec 2011 by Moots

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as some reviews seem to make out.
The sound quality is above average which is surprising considering the price. I'd even go as far as to say these sound better than the turtle beach PX22's or the PC Z series, which cost £80! However, sound quality is about the only thing this headset has going for it. You are probably thinking, come on bro, it's a headset and sound quality is all we need...
Published 3 months ago by Daniel Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding Value, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Creative HS800 Fatal1ty Gaming Headset with Detachable Noise-cancelling Microphone (PC / MAC) (Personal Computers)
For those of you who don't know whether to buy these, read this. I have been using these with my computer now for about 3 years, at the time I enjoyed them a lot and never found anything wrong with them. As time has gone by, I have really been able to appreciate these headphones more and more. I have tried countless headphones, in ears, on ears, full size the lot. At the time of purchase, I compared these to my £65 Sony in ears, and it was a close one, with the Sony's just taking the lead on detail. However at over double the price, I found this to be quite remarkable. I have since tried other headphones, including my friends £130 shure SRH840's and a few sennheisers. Obviously the Shures had more detail, but no where near enough to justify the price difference. I am starting to believe that these headphones are really quite a spectacular buy at this price, Listening to high quality mp3's and flac files through them is an absolute dream, they deliver a very pleasurable listening experience, sometimes surprising me just how much detail they pick up. There have been a few times where I have taken these on trips over my much more portable in ears (sennheiser cx870 and sony mdr-nc22?) just because I enjoy the comfort and sound from them. The balamce is superb, separation is good, plenty of detail, superb bass. The bass really shows when playing games, insurgency: modern infantry combat shows this off really well with rockets and general ambience detail really drawing me in. When I first tried them, the sound of bombs detonating and sneaky opponents opening fire unexpectedly behind me was enough to make me jump. To wrap it all up, the comfort and fit of these is second to none, I prefer them over a lot of dearer sennheiser headphones and even the shure srh840 which seem to sit away from your head. The only complaints I have about these is that after a while (I mean over 3 hours) the top of my ear becomes sore, and I need to take them off for a while, the build feels a little bit plasticy, but I can accept that at the price. Also, the jack for the headphones became faulty on my set, but I simply added a custom neutrik metal jack to it instead and now all is good. Do not hesitate to buy these and ignore negative comments about these headphones because they are simply unbeatable at this price point, not to mention having great MIC quality on top of the headphone aspect. A Superb buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound, 8 May 2013
Very good sound quality. Headset tight and make your ears ache after a while - 2-3 hours. Maybe this will ease as they "settle" in. The microphone quality is very clear. For the price these headphones offer a good purchase.

Perfect for gaming if you are in raid chat, etc.. I teamed these up with a USB 5.1 sound card adaptor which lets you control the sound levels separate to your computer sounds, i.e. you can have your game playing through your speakers and your voice chat through headset. The adaptor cards can be purchased very cheaply - mine cost 99p.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, and very comfy!, 14 Aug 2007
O. Rimington (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This headset is pretty bulky-looking when you are wearing it, but it makes up for this by being really light and very comfortable. With some headsets excessive use can leave your ears quite sore in places, however I have yet encounter any such problems in this case (and i have used them for quite a few extended gaming sessions so far).

The sound quality is excellent, the difference I noticed going from my previous pair (which admittedly were bought on a much smaller budget), was so great it spurred me to open up amazon and give this a good review!
Of this headset's audio am most impressed by the bass; it really adds alot more depth to those explosions :)

The detachable microphone is a good idea; i haven't had any problems with it, however I usually leave it connected so i don't lose it! The sound quality you get from it is pretty good too.

The size of the headset (the band which goes over your head) can be adjusted, as with most headsets. I needed to make the band as short as possible to get the perfect fit, and my head isn't particularly small, so if you have a smallish head it may not fit too well.

Overall i'd say its well worth your money even if you aren't much of gamer; it works very well for music and Skype too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Comfort!, 24 Feb 2011
A. George "Alexic" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Most headsets I've worn have been uncomfortable to wear and this one is great, I don't even notice it after a long session of gaming, he quality is also excellent, really recommend the product, the only thing I've found annoying is that the removable mic can be put back in the wrong position and it's really easy to miss that it's wrong.

I also meant to buy the usb version but accidentally bought the jack mic, just make sure you have the correct one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Headset, 19 Nov 2013
This is the second pair I've bought but it is great value for money, the mic is fantastic, they are comfortable and the last a long time. The sound quality is also terrific, though I just use them to play games, talk on skype and occasionally listen to music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Fatal1ty, 10 July 2009
I'd always read positive reviews about this headset and never understood why a simple item could apparently sound so good. When my cheap Creative headset broke, I decided to splash out on the Creative Fatal1ty version. WOW! I am so glad that I did. The sound is so detailed, the frequency range is much greater than on all my previous headsets, it's like having high quality stereo speakers attached to your ears. The in-line volume control and microphone mute switch are exceedingly handy feature.
The only gripe for me with this headset is the removable microphone. The socket in which to attach the microphone is rather stiff, so you're better off keeping the microphone plugged in at all times and just bend it upwards when not in use.
Not quite perfection, but this headset from Creative comes very close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, high quality, high comfort, high durability!, 27 Feb 2014
As a heavy gamer using headsets for hours at a time, the sound quality and comfort this headset offers is definitely one the best ones I've had. Amazing value for money!

Had this headset for 2 years, using it every day, rolling my chair over the wire each day, the only bad thing about this for me is the incredibly long wire! Tripped up over it countless times, yanking it from my computer and resulting (over a 2 year time period of daily use!!!) the volume control on the wire being loose, affecting sound quality until you adjust the volume and wire position slightly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy as usuall from amazon :), 27 Feb 2011
Gareth Kelly "gart" (northern ireland, east belfast) - See all my reviews
Great head set the 1 ive wanted always, and i got it the cheapest from amazon, i would highly recommend to any gamers ( if u get a creative sound card to) the sound is immense and bass is great, happy buy as per usual :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Owned for years, finally broken. TOTALLY WORTH IT, 29 Mar 2012
I must have bought these 3 or 4 years ago. Aside from some initial difficulty in setting up the mic (which turned out just to be me being incompetent), they have been one of the best purchases I ever made. Simple, effective, excellent mic quality, decent sound. Finally broke by snapping at one of the ears, which again was totally my fault: I dropped them on the floor and ran over them with my chair by accident. I was genuinly shocked they broke - I've put them through hell and back, and they'd come up unscathed. If I treated them better, they would have probably have lasted twice as long.

Quality headset, might even get the same one again... Or I might splash out on superior sound quality. But, you get what you pay for and for this price, they're a quality headset for any gamer.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 1st 5 minutes, 29 Mar 2008
Mr. J. BROOK "SnootchieBootchies" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
If your wondering what the title means, that's how long it took me to decide i'd made what is possible my best "audio" purchase ever! Not only can i quite comfortably sit for hours on end listening to my music, i can happily sit and play my games knowing that i'm hearing what the games designers intended me to hear! And when people comment about the bass reproduction, they are not joking!!!!! These are by far the best sounding headsets i have ever used! The BOSE of headwear!!