5.0 out of 5 stars True talent!
First thing I noticed about this Album was the fact that it was just thirty-five minutes long - a plus for me, since I'm so tired of over-long and boring Albums geared to make us think we are getting more for our money... (more rubbish perhaps!) This Album does anything but bore the Listener, and Amy Winehouse certainly knew the key was to have short bursts of quality...
Published on 3 Aug 2011 by FAMOUS NAME

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm...
Now I love the Winehouse - as much a description as it is a name these days - and I think 'Back To Black' is a fantastic modern soul record that I would not hesitate to award five stars. Amy's voice sounds phanominal on her second album and Mark Ronson's production - despite, as we have seen with his own album 'Versions', adding horns to things being the only thing he can...
Published on 8 Nov 2007 by John Tansey

‹ Previous | 143 44 4549 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Sep 2014
Superb

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Aug 2014
fab cd

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 24 Feb 2008
Boof (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Back To Black (Audio CD)
I confess that I only bought this album because I found the CD on special offer in a supermarket for next to nothing - at the time I didn't know much about Amy but it was right after she had released Rehab which I really liked.

Wow!!! I could not listen to anything else for weeks afterwards - it completely blew me away. Amy Winehouse has such a powerful, beautiful voice and the tracks were so catchy that it quickly became one of my favourite CD's out of all the ones I own. I particularly love Back to Black which I could listen to over and over.

Whith regards to her personal life I'd rather not comment as although I do agree with some of the comments further down, this review is about her ablum, not her, and there is no doubt about it - this girl can sing!

I highly recommend this album - I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

1.0 out of 5 stars ... place but case damaged & cd jumps too not happy: |, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Back To Black (Audio CD)
not going to return as will cost more than it did in the first place but case damaged & cd jumps too not happy :|

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 9 Jan 2008
This review is from: Back To Black (Audio CD)
I wasn't fond of her first album and couldn't stand that Take The Box, so I only listened to this on a long car journey with a friend who had it on. It was one good retro style track after another, and I had to buy it! Perhaps a lot of credit goes to the producer but she can really sing here and turns in some good lyrics as well. Shame her personal life is such a mess, I hope she sorts herself out and delivers more cd's like this.

4.0 out of 5 stars There is such a thing as bad publicity, 24 Oct 2007
This review is from: Back To Black (Audio CD)
All the publicity surrounding Ms Winehouse put me off her. However, after listening to this, I now agree with most of the music-related hype. She is the best white soul/R&B singer to emerge for some time. Although, she will probably never replace Dusty, she is miles ahead of Joss Stone, Anastacia, et al. If you believe that R&B is the Stones, Pretty Things and the Who rather than the shrieking harridans currently in fashion, you'll enjoy this refreshingly old-fashioned release. Incidentally, because of the inclusion of Moody's Mood for Love, when will Georgie Fame's early albums get a re-release in the UK? The Japanese re-releases are no longer available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug 2014
great

5.0 out of 5 stars une rose, 25 July 2011
........ Ne regrette rien Amy , a part quelques roses comme toi , la vie ne valait rien - Christian (France)

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to black - Amy Winehouse, 8 Jun 2009
a very easy CD to listen to!
All tracks had 'A' status quality.
A must for Amy Winehouse fans

5.0 out of 5 stars I just can't stop listening, 30 Mar 2008
A. Kennedy (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back To Black (Audio CD)
I have had this album for about 6 months and it has never left my car's CD player. I can't understand it, I just don't get bored of listening to it. Its brilliant, it beautiful. In fact, its so good I recommend it to everyone who has a musical ear.

‹ Previous | 143 44 4549 | Next ›

Back To Black [VINYL]
Back To Black [VINYL] by Amy Winehouse (Vinyl - 2007)