4.0 out of 5 stars The Sting is Back
Finally, after more than twenty years, the Scorpions have released an album of genuine quality! Predecessor `Unbreakable' gave fans renewed hope after many years of disappointing albums, but there were still throwaway numbers among the great hard rockers. And though no song on `Humanity' will force its way into the canon of Scorpions classics, almost every one is a...
Published on 20 Aug 2007 by Nev Daimler

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Desmond Child Not Enough Scorpions!
The Scorpions have reinvented themselves on this album, but what they have become I cannot bring myself to love. The Scorpions have drafted in Pop producer/songwriter Desmond Child and as such are have ended up sounding like a modern polished pop rock band.

The songs for what they are aren't necessarily bad, it's just the direction in itself which I find so...
Published on 6 July 2007 by Ed

5.0 out of 5 stars Ab fab!, 4 Jun 2007
T. WILLIAMS (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Humanity - Hour I (Audio CD)
There's not a bad song on this one. If someone comes up with something better this or any year I'd love to hear it. Most of the songs are fab and I've not skipped one yet. My fav is 'the cross'. If you buy it you WON'T be let down. This is the first album I've reviewed(because it deserves it). It goes very nicely with my platinum collection(also superb!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still The Best, 5 July 2007
Mr. J. J. Barker "Jules" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Humanity - Hour 1 [Limited Edition] (Audio CD)
Scorpions reaffirm their position as the best band on the planet with an absolute corker of an album. Strong from start to finish, this platter appetising platter of exotic delights should by rights be a number 1 album, and yes, I do listen to all the current stuff and enjoy a great deal of it, but this album is in a different class. Klaus Meine hinted recently that this might be the Scorps last album. Let's hope not. The music industry would be a sadder place. Support the band by buying the album and catch them live in the UK at the end of July! Favourite tracks: all of them, but particularly Hour 1, Love Will Keep Us Alive, Game Of Life and Humanity. Pure class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back To Best!, 18 Jun 2007
This review is from: Humanity - Hour 1 [Limited Edition] (Audio CD)
Brilliant!!! i have been a scorps fan for the last 14+ years i have amassed a large collection including every studio album they have done, and all i can say is this is one of the best album's they have done! a slightly new direction....but then the last few studio albums have been vastly different from face the heat, pure instinct, eye to eye (one of my favourites) and the last album unbreakable etc. this is a must if you are a serious scorps fan or even just curious. brilliant concept to the album and great collaboration with desmond child this will go down as one of their best hopefully with new and old fans alike.

Totally Rocks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hook-laden beauty!, 2 Jun 2007
This review is from: Humanity - Hour I (Audio CD)
The guitar work on this is awesome. It's been a long time since I bought an album with such immediate effect. No duff tracks. Masterpiece. The Scorpions are back!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Scorps Are Back, 5 July 2007
This review is from: Humanity - Hour I (Audio CD)
I bought this based on the review of it on melodic rock.com, i`m glad i did. The Scorps have adopted modern rythm guitar sounds, but have injected it with the song writing sensibilities of there 80`s period. Great catchy tunes co-written with Desmond Child give the album a commercial edge, but with great modern guitar sounds including detunned guitar riffs. Klaus Meine`s voice [still as distinct as ever]sounds great. Matthias Jabs lead work is as fluid as usual & Rudolf Schenker`s rythm guitar underpins everything. The first 3 songs are all great mid tempo rockers that`ll have you pushing the repeat button on your CD player almost immediatly. There are a few slower ballady type tunes here but again there all well written. Personnal favs here, "Hour 1"
" The Game Of Life" "We Were Born To Fly" "You`re Lovin` Me To Death " "321" " We Will Rise Again" "The Cross" & "Humanity" On the version of this CD i got the +DVD package which has an additional track on it + interviews with band & producers etc on it. This will be & is one of the best release`s this year [2007]. If you like your Metal with good catchy tunes then go buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars I never thought I'd see the day when I'd give The Scorpions 4 stars again, 14 Nov 2007
This review is from: Humanity - Hour I (Audio CD)
The Scorpions haven't released a great album since Lovedrive, 28 ... yes 28 years ago and despite the best efforts of Meine, Schenker and Jabs, they haven't got close. Although Blackout was not a bad effort. The stench from the winds of change still linger, but this (I have to say) is a good album ... actually it's a really good album. But not great. The opening and closing tracks 'Hour 1' and 'Humanity' are the high points with the seemingly ageless Klaus sounding better than ever. It sags a bit in the middle like an old mattress, but there's enough spring either side to make it comfortable. Fillers such as 'We were born to fly' can go for a start, as can 'Your last song'. 'Love will keep us alive' and 'Love is war' holding together the middle order batting.

Its quite amazing that they can still pull material out of the bag like this after 35 years as The Scorpions and who knows, maybe the next one will be Lovedrive 2. So all in all they get a 4 star review. Well done chaps. And as for THAT song ... I'm currently 'Wind of Change' champion in our house for PS2 SingStar Rocks with a score of 8320! Its still a crap song though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another Scorpions classic, 5 May 2007
Marco Oliveira (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Humanity - Hour I (Audio CD)
If the snippets on the Scorpions' website are anything to go by then this will surely be yet another classic offering by the band, who seem to not understand the words 'give up' and long may it remain the case. Since their last album, 'Unbreakable' they have definitely found a new lease of life which shines through that album, especially live. I am looking forward to seeing them in London in July. Of course they will not disappoint as they consistently manage to spark that source of inspiration which is within all of us and all of Humanity. Enjoy Scorps fans and rockers all around the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 27 Jun 2007
Mark Hammersley (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Humanity - Hour I (Audio CD)
All I can say is 'wow'.From the moment I first played this album I was hooked. It's mix of rock and spine tingling ballads is just right. Every track is a classic in it's own right. The more times you play it, the better it gets. The Scorpions are back to their best and this album is 'too good to miss'and a must buy for any real music fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Aug 2014
This is a great album!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST ROCK ALBUM 2007, 27 May 2007
Mr. Raymond P. Brazier (U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Humanity - Hour I (Audio CD)
The great German Rockers are back in fantastic form, I was lucky enough to hear this album pre-release and loved it from the first listen,Klaus Meine and the boys mix most of the tracks very well with a bit of rock and ballad in each song, I am glad I have tickets for their tour in July.

Humanity - Hour 1 [Limited Edition]
Humanity - Hour 1 [Limited Edition] by Scorpions (Audio CD - 2007)