Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 30 May 2007
wow, what can I say? since I have put my hands on this album, I cannot stop listening to it. Each and every has something to say, and it is all genius music, lyrics and performance all mix together to give a truly rocking listening experience. The best songs in my opinion are: The Future Never Dies, and Love Will keep Us Alive, all the rest are great songs. Some of the songs remind me of Within Temptation. very recommended, and truly great.
on 7 June 2007
Up points - this is a superbly produced, quality ladden, dripping in melody and modern sounding release with catchy hooks all over the place, from one of the best heavy rock bands around.

Down points - apart from the excellent opener Hour 1, the band never seem to get out of a rather ploddy third gear. There are other "rocky" numbers such as The Game Of Life, 321 and The Cross, but the heavy rythmn guitar work is kept to a minimum and used sparingly in short chuggy bursts similar to that of Linkin Park and Evanescence.

Similarly, there does appear to be an over abundance of (power) ballads too - quite possibly four, though so many of the songs start promisingly and then descend into acoustic (soft) rock blandness.

Having looked at the accompanying booklet, it would seem that this album has the very (un)heavy hand of producer and commercial hit co-writer (I Was Made For Lovin' You by KISS, Poison by Alice Cooper, Dude Looks Like A Lady by Aerosmith and You Give Love A Bad Name and Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi) Desmond Child stamped throughout - he even claims ownership of the Humanity concept (does that make this a concept album then?), so I'm wondering just how much of a real Scorpions album this actually is.

Certainly, better than later releases such as Face The Heat, Pure Instinct and Eye II Eye (oh dear, oh dear), but for true Heavy Rock lovers check 2004's Unbreakable out first, where the blood is far too hot!!!
on 10 August 2007
The Scorps deliver a high quality album, with a range of excellent songs, well ritten, delivered with power and produced by a legend rock producer. This album may, in the future turn out to be a Scorps classic it has the quality.

All the tracks except Your lovin me to death are excellent. The guitar sound is very "modern" on many tracks which may not be too everyone's taste, power packed rhythyms are in unbandance here. I think though they need to be careful not to stray away from the traditional sound as they may lose fans as this album does pull away slightly from the traditional sound, but positively. There is some keyboards on this album and some electric acoustic which gives the album some variety. Humanity is and will be a classic track it's lengthy full of class and at the recent manchester gig fans were already singing along! Klaus vocals are top notch as ever, and all in all this is an almost faultless Scorpions album. If Lovin me to death was removed and a few songs added a minite longer the album would be perfect.

The DVD highlight is a 15 minute interview and studio footage in LA - it's ok, then there is an extra track and some photos.
on 18 September 2013
This product was better then I thought, love the songs and have been playing it all the time.

If your into good music, I recommend you buy this one straight away.
on 6 April 2014
The sound here is quite dark and heavy slightly different from their previous work. the songs are nicely put together, the lyrics deep and the guitar out of this world!!
on 19 July 2007
Listening to this album, I thought that it's Bon Jovi. It's absolutely American music, not the Scorps I know and love. I can't say that sound is bad - album is quite good, but ...

Moreover, it's the first album where Klaus is not the author of all the songs.

"Love is War", "We Were Born To Fly" and, of course, "Humanity" are awesome songs, but the rest ones are not so good. I hear power guitars\drums, I see real rock album, but I can say exactly that this album will never be among 5 top Scorps albums ever released. Previous one ("Unbreakable") is BETTER and it's not only my opinion. One more sad tendency - too much keyboards. Heh, may be I just like a pure guitar sound?

P.S. Thanks to God, Klaus still rocks and has awesome voice, burning a big hole in my mind :)

P.P.S. Limited edition is a waste of money. Don't wanna even write anything about DVD content.
on 26 April 2013
on e they did in the usa good album they got some good hevey sons on it .humanity and hour 1 brilliant shows another side to the scorpions
on 15 December 2012
Well it was ok , but the scorpion's can deliver more , maybe that's why they have toured Blackout to get the feel for ONE LAST ALBUM .
on 13 June 2007
I have to agree with Mr Anderson. The album starts well - great hooks and riffs, but too quickly decends into pop-rock territory. I have seen these guys live and they are technically amazing, but this album, albeit well produced, lacks clout and is not the step forward from Unbreakable that it should have been. So some good tracks but - and it's a big but - too many ballads by some way. They are heading back to Winds of Change territory here. At least there is no whistling!
on 4 June 2007
There's not a bad song on this one. If someone comes up with something better this or any year I'd love to hear it. Most of the songs are fab and I've not skipped one yet. My fav is 'the cross'. If you buy it you WON'T be let down. This is the first album I've reviewed(because it deserves it). It goes very nicely with my platinum collection(also superb!)