5.0 out of 5 stars It's one tough lock!, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Abus Granit Plus-51 (Sports)
I bought this lock in September 2013 to protect my bike and someone has already attempted to get through it (And failed miserably).

I left my bike alone for a few hours in a somewhat busy, but hidden away bike-rack along with 3 or 4 other bikes, and I went shopping.
When I came back a few hours later there were 3 bike locks on the ground that had been cut right through and my bike was the only one standing there, I inspected the lock and found that although the plastic casing around the brick locking mechanism had been smashed to bits the actual mechanism was in perfect working order (I unlocked it and after informing the police cycled home), I inspected the U part of the lock and I could see clear marks in the rubber coating where it had been hacksawed or bolt-cropped, I'm not sure, and they got through the rubber and then got no further, it had held up fine. I am still using the lock now as I'm sure it's not been weakened at all.

This lock is one tough lock! and beyond them angle grinding it I don't think it's possible to get through this lock, I think the weak point in the lock would have to be the metal pole it's locked around!

But beware, it's heavy, at-least 2 KG, but worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars ebay, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Abus Granit Plus-51 (Sports)
these are currently on sale on ebay buy it now for under 30. i use amazon loads but couldnt let this one pass you by...

5.0 out of 5 stars nice u-lock, 31 Mar 2012
This review is from: Abus Granit Plus-51 (Sports)
nice u-lock, it was exactly as expected. It fits pretty nice to the bike frame and it's much better than the other locks when I park my bike in the street. I would buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and trusted, 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: Abus Granit Plus-51 (Sports)
I feel safe with this bicycle lock. Give me security and looks very solid and reliable. I come back to buy it.

Abus Granit Plus 51 - Black, 30cm