4.0 out of 5 stars These are good for me
Published on 28 Nov 2009 by Titan yer Tummy

1.0 out of 5 stars water proof
these bags are not water proof at all , if you cycle every day and use them to take your shopping beware , contacted the supplier who could not give a monkeys , one reply telling me they are not advertised as water proof , if you use your bike every day like me and shop with them I would expect to keep my shopping dry . would not recommend them to the serious cyclist .
Published 8 months ago by pip

4.0 out of 5 stars These are good for me, 28 Nov 2009
This review is from: Altura Arran 36 Panniers (Pair), 2013 (Toy)
I was bought these as a gift (although I selected them myself) after I had spent several week considering the options. I have used one of them to take my stuff to work in pouring rain on about 4 occasions so far - a journey of around 12 miles into central London. They have kept my stuff completely dry. My pressed shirt, when it comes out of the bag, is wearable and still smart. The clip arrangement to attach them to the rack seems to be well thought out and works well although I suspect that this will be the part that will wear out first. I like these bags. I just wonder why they weren't done in yellow reflective material.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bags of room, 5 July 2009
B. Roberts "B Roberts" (Sittingbourne England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Altura Arran 36 Panniers (Pair), 2013 (Toy)
These pannier bags were just what I was looking for. I commute every day and need a change of clothes when I get to work for a shower. These bags do just that job and there's room for other bits and pieces too. They fit easily on my rack and are relatively easy to carry. One slight gripe - could do with a shoulder strap to carry them. Otherwise a good buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 15 Aug 2009
G. J. Kaddish (West Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Altura Arran 36 Panniers (Pair), 2013 (Toy)
These bags are made of strong thick material. Rain water runs straight off and they are easy to fit.
Good value for money, but a pity only in black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for shopping and my holiday, 11 Aug 2010
Mr. J. P. S. Pennycook "jpennycook" (Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Altura Arran 36 Panniers (Pair), 2013 (Toy)
I bought these in the week before going on holiday to the Isle of Wight, for my Dawes Mojave hybrid bike. They fitted easily and securely. I tested them out my using them for my weekly shop, which they took easily. I then took them to the Isle of Wight, packed with stuff, riding on the off road cycle tracks and the potholed roads there, and had no problems - the clips held the bags on easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what you expect, 21 Aug 2010
This review is from: Altura Arran 36 Panniers (Pair), 2013 (Toy)
I got exactly what I expected from these panniers. They seem fairly tough (managed a small hole with a high speed fall onto one), and fairly water resistant. With the contents half heartedly waterproofed they dealt with some big rain without anything getting wet that shouldn't have done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panniers, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: Altura Arran 36 Panniers (Pair), 2013 (Toy)
I love these panniers, only thing i would add is some straps so you can carry them on your back. But they are very sturdy, waterproof and they hold loads! Also look very smart. Great value

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: Altura Arran 36 Panniers (Pair), 2013 (Toy)
Very good value for money. Lots of space. Only gripe is no shoulder strap, and no option to attach one either.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good size & price, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Altura Arran 36 Panniers (Pair), 2013 (Toy)
They seem ideal for what I wanted (just popping to the shops, a leisurely afternoon ride) The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was I find they come off easily when you do not want them to.

1.0 out of 5 stars water proof, 9 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pannier bags, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Altura Arran 36 Panniers (Pair), 2013 (Toy)
I love these pannier bags.I use them to commute to and from work,its 11 miles each way.I cycle in all weathers and these bags have never let me down.There not advertised as waterproof but have never let water in,I stick my work clothes in a dry bag just in case.I use the 2 bags first day when I have more stuff and use 1 bag the rest of the week.You can fit loads in these bags and they are very easy to get on and off my rack.The bags are the usual altura high quality and can see these bags lasting.