Format: Accessory|Change

on 21 June 2011
After reading some of the reviews for this product I was a little hesitant to order one. I need not have worried; I was transferring my first VHS-C tape within minutes of the postman delivering the device! One criticism levelled at the adapter is that it is difficult to extract the cassette once you've finished. I had no such trouble. True, it's a snug fit but you wouldn't want a sloppy fit would you? Perhaps those reviewers missed the finger sized hole, thoughtfully provided by the manufacturer on the back of the device, which enables you to push out the cassette from underneath. All in all a great product at a reasonable price.
on 31 March 2011
Works great. You put the battery in the slot. Slide the button across the bottom, the lid pops open electronically. Then you put in your VHS-C tape and close the lid and it locks the same way. I had no problems either opening or closing or removing the tape. I have used it to convert 8 tapes to DVD so far with no problems as far as the adaptor goes.

Highly recommended.

As a side note. My copy was obviously made in China and the English on the back is atrocious! ;)
on 18 April 2011
I had a few old VHS-C tapes from holidays back in 96.
Didn't know how to get them saved to DVD and this converter was brilliant and easy to use.
Combined with the EasyCAP USB 2.0 Video and Audio Capture Card I was able to watch the videos and save them to my PC. Very easy to use, bought a cheap 2nd hand VHS player and all saved. Brilliant.
Well packaged, solid construction easy to operate. Delivered quickly and would recommend highly both the product and the seller.
55 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2012
For the price this is good value. It works perfectly and I disagree with some reviews that the 'C' casette can be awkward to remove - you just need to gently push from underneath (how hard can it be??. A tip though - makes sure that the pins have engaged properly in the 'C' cassette by pressing the button and lifting the guard on the adaptor itself.HQ VHS-C Adaptor
on 9 September 2014
I will give this 4 stars for quality.I would have given it 5 stars but my taps would not fit.After i read on another site that you cannot get a adapter for the type of tape my panasonic vidio recorder takes. Disapointing i have sent it back.
on 7 May 2011
Couldn't source one of these in the high street, but was delighted to find this online at a reasonable price. There is defintely a knack to getting the small tapes in and out of it, but once you have mastered it then it is straightforward. Did find with a couple of the tapes that they went 'fuzzy' towards the end, but when we stopped and rewound it played ok. Think it is the tension of some of our individual tapes rather than this adapter, as most played perfectly right to the end. Quick delivery, great buy - given us hours of fun memories!
Does what it says on the tin - not five stars becasue I've found it quite a job to get the tape out after using, comes down to brute force which leaves me a little concerned that I might break it (both tape and adapter) otherwise good.
on 4 October 2012
I have had a couple of old VHS-C tapes sat in a box waiting to be transferred to DVD. I borrowed an adapter from a friend only to find that it wasn't compatible with my JVC VHS-C tapes! So a quick search on Amazon and eBay led me to this product. A similar product on eBay was advertised for double the price, and it also stated issues with JVC tapes.

I placed my order on Tuesday, and it arrived on Thursday in a Jiffy style envelope. The contents included the adaptor in a retail style package, a single AA Battery and a pack of Haribo sweets (nice touch). The delivery coincided with my day off, so I got to work immediately. Opened the packaging, read the instructions, inserted the battery and dropped in my first tape ...

... it worked! straight from the packaging, no messing about, no issues with the JVC tape, no video noise or picture interference ... just a really, really clear picture (considering the age of the tapes I was quite amazed). I had another brand of tape (cheaper unbranded) and had no issues with that one either.

A few hours after getting the adaptor, I now have all my old tapes sorted onto DVD. I couldn't be happier.

So if you have a way to record from a VHS recorder, save money on sending your tapes to Jessops or Boots for expensive conversion and buy one of these.

A note for the novice user; you need to insert the battery to make the built in motor operate, and when ejecting the tape from the unit, move the switch to the right and use the hole on the underside to gently push the smaller tape from the adaptor.
on 15 December 2011
As a device it serves a purpose which is to let you watch older VHS-C recorded cassettes in a normal VHS video player, and if you already have a DVD recorder or suitable computer video capture equipment, you now have the potential to save you're family home movies to your computer on to a DVD.

My device came well packed, with instructions on the base of the packaging, and as such takes a 1.5v AA battery in the side which serves power to a motor so as to allow you to load the VHS-C cassette correctly.

I did find that one JMB branded VHS player would not accept this device, but I've yet to discover why as the same JMB player accepted a normal cassette afterwards, but all the other VHS players I tested it with were fine.

The playback quality is as recorded once the tracking was aligned, and so I was able to playback several home movies and record them onto a DVD recorder, so saving family movies for the future which.

Price wise however I do feel that if you intend to use it to place your movies onto DVD, then the price is a little high, but you could always sell it on to regain some of the money spent. It is however a LOT cheaper then having VHS-C movies copied onto a DVD by a professional company, especially if you have several that need doing.

I would give the device I purchased 4.5/5 due to the fact it would not work in the one video player I needed it to work in!
on 27 July 2011
If you have any old forgotten unedited video tapes lying around, this VHS Camcorder Tape Adapter is just the thing for you.

After sixteen years, I was able to transfer my old video tapes onto disk, so that our grandkids could see themselves as babies; and even their grandparents wedding! What a great family experience. Fantastic video accessory. Well worth the money.

Thought I would never be able to copy my old tapes, which I had somehow missed tranferring when I had the old video camera.