TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 November 2014
We bought this for a dishwasher that has a third shelf for cutlery, which actually doesn't work very well. So we decided to go for a traditional basket which would have to fit into the bottom shelf even though no space is reserved for it. This seems to fit the bill: it is narrower than many baskets and therefore takes up less room.

The holes in the bottom are quite small: that's not a criticism - it's how it should be. But it does make it a bit of a juggling act to position it so that the bottom shelf's tines stick through them and allow it to sit flat. I think I have found a good position.

It has four compartments for the cutlery: this will be sufficient for day-to-day use though it may struggle at Christmas or other times when we have people round. OK, we can bring the top shelf back into play in that event. But it is a limitation.

The plastic construction of this unit is sturdy: it is well made and feels heavy duty. I am expecting many months of service from it. Given the low price, this seems excellent value for money.
on 22 November 2011
we found this basket on e bay,but it was an,original indesit and it was £29,so this one is the same as the indesit one,but this one was just over £6 and fits perfectly,and quick delivery
on 2 January 2014
When our original basket failed, we bought a cheap one which only lasted a few months. We've now had this a while and its still working perfectly. A little narrower than the original.
on 28 December 2013
What can i say? It's a cutlery basket... it is absolutely fine, arrived on time, as described, fits int he dishwasher and a few months later is still absolutely fine.
on 9 July 2012
Its a cutlery tray. Genuine i think. Exactly like the one i replaced anyway. Good value and arrived quickly. Would recommend for anyone with an indesit idl 40.
on 10 November 2013
I bought this dishwasher cutlery tray in Jan 2013 and some 9 months later, 2 of the 3 compartments have big holes in them where the plastic has broken apart. I wrote to the company that sold this and was told that there is only a 3 month warranty on this product. I didn't, by the way, buy it from E L Lewis Homestores.....

I would expect a product such as this to last longer than 9 months - a complete waste of money.......
on 27 August 2013
My cutlery basket in my dishwasher finally snapped in one of the sections. I was concerned that I would not be able to purchase a replacement easily and at a reasonable cost. I have to say this basket is an exact replica of the original and for the money paid is proving to be excellent value for money. Highly recommended.
on 28 January 2013
2cm shorter than last replacement basket, means dinner plates will now fit behind basket. Just over half width seems to be ample enough. Would advise measure before buying. Same material as last baskets so won't last forever.
on 8 February 2013
This was exactly what I needed; it is identical to the old one in my Ariston Advantage dishwasher, but of course without the many little broken pieces which allowed cutlery to try and escape through the sides.
on 3 September 2012
NOT A LOT YOU CAN SAY ABOUT A CUTLERY BASKET FOR THE DISHWASHER. EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED AND FITS IN MY BOSCH PERFECTLY. I DON'T LIKE THE BIG ONE YOU GET WITH THE MACHINE. EVERY THING I WANTED!!!

See one answered question